Chapter 3

So Near Yet So Far

 -0-

 

Bom’s POV

 

“Dara, where are you?”

 

I called Ssantokki for I haven’t seen her since I woke up in the apartment.

 

“Unnie, I’m on my way to the Han River. I want to have a walk. I didn’t bother waking you up since I know you stayed up late recording.” She answered.

 

I sighed. It’s her way of coping up with her problems. This rabbit has a habit of going to the Han River whenever something is up.

 

The sight of the river calms my heart and my mind, she would always say.

 

“Are you okay? Whose with you?” I asked.

 

“I just want to have some breath of fresh air besides I have nothing to do today. You’ll have a shoot later right? I know Minzy and CL will record today. Don’t wait up for me. I called Sajangnim last night and asked him if I could visit Omma and Durami today and he said it was fine.”

 

“Arasso. Drive safely, okay?” I reminded her.

 

“Neh, unnie. Thank you.”

 

“Why are you thanking me?” Surprised by the sudden show of gratitude of the girl on the other line.

 

“For everything...”  She sighed and continued.

 

“I know you always got my back.”

 

I heard her voice about to crack up, holding her tears up.

 

“Dara, we’re not called Park Sisters for nothing right?” I encouraged her.

 

“Neh.”

 

“Arasso. I’ll hang up now, okay? Send my regards to your Omma, Durami & Dog-poop.”

 

“I will!” She said.

 

I hang up the phone and looked at it for a while. We seriously need to have a sisterly talk once she get back from home and after my MV shoot.

 

I went to the YG Building and met with Chaerin and Minzy…

 

“Bommie unnie, have you seen Dara unnie?” Our maknae asked.

 

“Ani. I called her up this morning and told me she’s going to visit her Omma today.”

 

“Oh, is that so?” I sensed some disappointment in her voice and asked her…

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s just that I was going to ask her to have dinner with us later since Omma packed food for the four of us. She cooked our favorite Doenjang jjigae.”

 

“There’s always next time, Minzy yah. Let’s just set aside a portion so unnie will have a taste of Omma’s dish. Is that okay?” The leader said.

 

“Neh.”

 

With that, we all preceded with our activities for the day.

 

-0-

Thunder’s POV

 

It’s strange. I checked my phone and haven’t received a missed call or text from Dara noona. She constantly texts and calls me but today there was none. I was having a break from our practice that I decided to check on her.

 

After a few rings, I heard her voice…

 

“Noona!”

 

“Ah, Dog poop-ah! Did you miss your Dara noona?” She merrily said.

 

“Aniyo.” He laughed then continued…

 

“Where are you noona? I haven’t received any messages or calls from you.”

 

“Aigoo, dongsaeng. I’m on my way to Busan right now to visit Omma and Durami that’s why I haven’t message you yet. But I will be back at YG tomorrow morning.” She explained.

 

“Ah.. Is that so? Tell Omma and sis, I miss them.” I said.

 

“Yah! What about me? Haven’t you missed me?” She fired back at me jokingly.

 

I chucked at noona’s silliness.

 

“Neh, Neh. I miss you, too.”

 

“I will be long gone, Sanghyun. We’ll stay at Japan for a month. So look for Omma and Durami for me, arasso?”

 

It’s been a long time since I heard her calling me by my real name. It has always been Dog poop. I recalled her calling me Sanghyun when we had a serious talk on going back to Korea and starting anew. She addressed me as Sanghyun, the only man in the family. And hearing that today really sounded strange. I can sense her loneliness from the other line.

 

“Noona, is there a problem?” I worriedly asked.

 

“Aniyo. Just reminding you that you’re in charge when I’m not around, okay? You know I depend on you.”

 

“Arasso. Take care. Call me up again when you reached home.” I reminded her.

 

“Neh, appa.” She joked and cut off the line.

 

-0-

 

5:30 A.M.

 

Breaking News:

 

A car accident has been reported at Yeosung, Daejeon at around 5:30 this morning. The police officials are still identifying the cars involved in the said accident. We have been updated by the local police officers that the driver of the white Range Rover is in a critical condition and was sent to the nearest hospital. We will give you a more detailed report in a bit.

 

Stay tuned.