Chapter 1

So Near Yet So Far

 

 

“I don’t date in-house..” He unconsciously said oblivious to the reaction of the girl beside him.

 

Afterwards, an awkward atmosphere has been felt at the backstage.

 

-0-

 

I don’t date in-house. I don’t date in-house. I don’t date in-house. His voice kept resounding in my head. Why Jiyong? Why do you have to tell it to the world? You could have said it to me, straight to my face…

 

Just now, I realized that all the things I’ve done for him were put to a waste. That I was still holding on to things I shouldn’t. That I am a fool thinking I could get things back to the way it was before. She thought with tears endlessly pouring on her eyes.

 

The next day..

 

“Unnie, are you alright? Your eyes are all puffy.” The maknae asked.

 

“Neh, Minzy-yah. I’m fine. I just didn’t get enough sleep last night.” She smiled.

 

“Let’s go girls. We have a plane to catch.” She added and left the room leaving the other members behind.

 

She stopped in front of the van looking at the vast sky and sighed.

 

Maknae, CL-roo, Bommie unnie, I’m sorry. I just don’t want you to worry about me. It’s going to be fine. At least that’s what I’m hoping for.

 

She took a last glimpse on the surroundings before getting in the car.

 

-0-

 

Days passed by in a blur after their press conference in. They were back in Korea to finish some of their commitments before heading out to Japan again to release their mini album.

 

It was already 10:00 in the evening but Dara is still in the practice room polishing some dance steps when an angry Jiyong came rushing to her.

 

“What the hell did you said to Bom noona, huh?”

 

She was surprised by the man in front of her. His anger can be seen through his face by the grip n his arm. Has fame really got into his head? Jiyong, has everything really changed? She bowed her head and tried to untangle Jiyong’s hand but he won’t budge.

 

“Let go, Jiyong. It hurts…” She calmly said.

 

“No! What did you tell Bom noona?” He insisted.

 

I sighed knowing he won’t let this issue go…

 

“Nothing. I don’t have any idea on what you’re talking about, Jiyong.” She defended herself.

 

“Really?! Do you expect me to believe you? She went to me lecturing on how to treat you right. Why?! Did I do something to you? As far as I’m concerned, I have no business towards you. So tell me, what the ing hell is she talking about??! Has my comment during the presscon got to do with all these?? God! I don’t know you’re such a blabber mouth, Dara!” He continuously ranted.

 

I was about to answer him when Seunghyun interrupted us. I didn’t even notice him entering the practice room.

 

“Yah, Jiyong! I can hear your voice all the way from the hallway. Are you two fighting?” He asked the Bigbang leader.

 

“Blame it on her, hyung. This girl has caused so many troubles when she came here. I really wonder why Sajangnim accepted her in the first place.”

 

With that, he let go of my arm and left the room leaving me and Seunghyun dumbfounded with what Jiyong just said.

 

I felt that the remaining energy I have gone drained hearing those words from him.  Good thing Seunghyun is fast enough to catch me before I fall.

 

“Noona, are you okay?” Seunghyun worriedly asked.

 

He held my shoulder and guided me to sit at the bench. I went blank for a moment. Please tell me this is just a bad dream! I said to myself. I closed my eyes and opened them again only to see Seunghyun still sitting next to me.

 

Yeah, Reality hits hard.

 

“Noona, are you okay now? Do you want me to bring you to the hospital? You look pale.” He asked.

 

I gathered my senses and said,

 

“Ani. I’m okay now. Thanks, Seunghyun.”

 

“Are you tired?”

 

I sighed.

 

Almost. I whispered.

 

Realizing what I just said, I waited for his reaction if he did caught what I blurted out. But luckily, he just stared at the floor waiting for me to speak again.

 

“I’m going home.” I said.

 

“Do you want me to go with you, noona? I can drop you off.”

 

“Ani. I brought my car so I’m all good.” Reassuring him.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Neh. Thank you again.”

 

She bowed and prepared her things.

 

“I’ll go ahead, noona.”

 

“Arasso. Take care, Seunghyun. Drive Safely.”  She smiled to him.

 

The guy was about to turn his back on her when she called him again…

 

“Ah… Seunghyun, can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Yes noona? What is it?”

 

“What happened earlier…” She hesitated a bit but then continued,

 

“I hope it will just stay between the three of us… Don’t confront Jiyong anymore. I guess he’s just tired that’s why he blurted those things out. I am sure he doesn’t mean any of it…”

 

Silence enveloped them for a while.

 

“If you say so…”

 

“Thanks.”