Requiem 5

Love or Requiem?
Requiem 5: Love or Like it,

 

 

 

The weather sure is nice today.

 

 

Chanyeol inhaled deeply. "Would you be my boyfriend?" 

 


Kyungsoo gasped and mouthed an 'o'

 


"Yeol."

 


"Kyungsoo please," Chanyeol feels like crying now. 

 


Please God if you ever exist, please have Kyungsoo say yes.

 


"Yeol. We had this talk before right?"

 


"Yes but still you know..."

 


"Uhm I dont know Yeol. I actually don't get the logic well we are boys who are friends so we are boyfriends what the-"

 


"You're so stupid Kyungsoo. Why do you always say that. Why do you always avoid it."

 


"Well I'm not a fan of relationships you know that. I just can't." You see I'm dying and either way I'm gonna leave you so whats the deal with being boyfriends when we can just be friends and make memories together. Kyungsoo left this thought to himself. 

 


"I know but we can at least try right?" Chanyeol sulks in a corner under the slide. 

 

 

"Hey stop sulking! Lets go to the froyo shop eh? Hmn hmmn?"

 

 


"Soo," Chanyeol looked like a kicked puppy.

 

 


Kyungsoo feeling somewhat guilty, kissed Chanyeol's cheeks then ruffled his hair just like when they were kids.  

 


He stood up leaving Chanyeol flabbergasted and shouted "Hey are you going or not? It's my treat!!!"

 

 

Chanyeol immediately stood up while grinning since Kyungsoo seldom pay for them and yeah life should be full of rainbow s.

 

 


"You do know that you look stupid when you grin right? And your eye gosh its creepy when it twitches," Kyungsoo shook his head.

 


"Hey that's mean! I can't help it, you know that."

 

 

"Oh my god a creepo is beside me tag you're it!"

 

 

"Well this creepo will punish you for being naughty. Run kid run!!!"

 

 


And they ran around like kids for awhile. Chasing each other around earning a disapproving look from the adults and a lot of 'teenagers these days' but they don't care. 

 

 

It was after an hour when they finally arrived at the froyo shop. They were panting really hard and Kyungsoo looks pale. 
They went in and Kyungsoo let Chanyeol order first. They sat after and Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo if "he's okay." Kyungsoo mouthed an "I'm fine just tired" and went to excuse himself to the comfort room after the former nodded at him.

 

 

On the way to the comfort room, Kyungsoo bumped onto  someone accidentally and he smirks before mouthing a 'sorry' to the stranger. He then helped the stranger pick up his stuff while stuffing a note secretly which says 'we'll be seeing more of each other Baekhyun-ssi,  nice to meet you again.' He said Sorry again before going to the comfort room while clutching at his chest after seeing the stranger left and waited for the pain to subside. 

 


"Hey what happened? Why kyungSOo long????" Chanyeol pouted.

 

 

"Uh you know stuffs' happened."

 

 

"Are you perhaps cheating on me huh?"

 

"Oh please. I chanDID." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. 

 


"I will not let this pass!!!"

 


Kyungsoo just clicked his tongue as the froyo melts in his mouth while kicking his feet in the air. "Chocolate mint is really the best!"

 


Chanyeol feeling threatened at the chocolate mint froyo grabbed it and ate it all.

 


Kyungsoo just puffed his cheeks at Chanyeol's dumbness. 

 

 

Ugh Dumbyeol.

 


"How dare you eat my precious froyo you thief!" Kyungsoo gasped and looks utterly betrayed. 

 

 

"I'm not a thief but someday I'll steal your heart!"

 

 

"Oh great I can't see my future now."

 

 


"But your future is in front of you!"

 

 


"Nooo!!! You ruined the mood." Kyungsoo huffed in annoyance. 

 

 


"I know you like it though."

 

 

Before Kyungsoo was able to shot back, he was dragged by Chanyeol out of the shop.

 


They arrived at a jewelry shop earning Chanyeol a 'why the are we here' glare from Kyungsoo. 

 


Chanyeol just shrugged as he got his order and they left the shop. 

 

 

"Stop throwing daggers at me Kyungsoo-yah. I'm gonna die from excessive blood loss and you're gonna get imprisoned in my heart~"

 


"Serves you well and eew just eew."

 


"So evil."

 


"I know."

 

 

"That's why I like you."

 

 

"I know."

 

 

"Sweet!"

 

 

"You're crazy."

 

 

"You like me anyway."

 

 

"I do."

 

 

Kyungsoo was in deep thought. 

 

 

"Then do you wanna be mine?"

 


"Yeah sure." Kyungsoo was mortified when he realized what he just did unconsciously. "Wait. NO!"

 

 

Chanyeol smiled  triumphantly the air as he immediately placed the ring on Kyungsoo's finger. 

 

 


"WHA-"

 

 

"Sshh don't you ever dare remove that or else I'll die!"

 

 


"But-"

 

 


"Its okay Soo I know." Chanyeol smiled. 

 

 

 

"Well whatever it looks cool though Yeol. Not bad."

 

 


Chanyeol hums in agreement. "Well its our friendship ring so don't you ever dare remove it! Or we're over. And look I have one too!!!!"

 


Kyungsoo just chuckled at Chanyeol's cuteness as he smiles brightly. 

 

 

They went next to play at the arcade. Shooting zombies, basketball, games games games. It was already 7pm when Mrs. Do called and said that Kyungsoo needs to go home now. So they went home and Chanyeol stayed over for dinner. Everyone is happy and the atmosphere was bright. Laughter fills the air as Chanyeol keeps on joking around. 

 


"Aigoo Chanyeol-ah you're so funny gosh its really nice to have you around," Mrs.Do smiled sincerely.

 

 

"I should just live here."

 

 

"Yeah sure you're welcome to live here," 

 


"Hey mom why do you like creepy Yeol more than me?" Kyungsoo pouted. 

 


"Hey stop pouting mister, its illegal!" Mrs.Do said earning a laugh from Chanyeol while nodding enthusiastically.

 


What's so funny though? Well whatever makes them happy. Kyungsoo thought as he shakes his head. 

 


Chanyeol left after volunteering to do the dishes with Kyungsoo. 


-

 

"Kyungsoo honey can you please reconsider it? The transplant?"

 


"I don't know mom. I still need time to think. Its not an easy decision to make."

 

 

Mrs.Do sighed. "I know sweetie, I love you." she kissed Kyungsoo's forehead. 

 


"Mmm love you too mom." 

 

 

Kyungsoo stared at the ring Chanyeol gave him and smiled. Then he turns his gaze on his journal. 

 

 

Everything will be okay right?

 

 

 

---

 

edited: 1/4/15