Requiem 19

Love or Requiem?

 

A/N: I just skipped to the part where Kyungsoo already did the heart transplant and its been a month already since that happened.

 

Last requiem would be on the next chapter. Enjoy! ^^

 

 

 

 

 

Requiem 19: Bucket List and Proposal?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything is perfectly normal. Kyungsoo can now go outside for a while after the surgery happened so he and Chanyeol decided to have a date and watch the sunset together as cheesy as it sounds but yeah, everything is perfectly fine now.

 

"Soo?"

 

"Yes Yeol?" Kyungsoo smiled at him lovingly making Chanyeol became astonished and mesmerized again with him. He was falling deeper for him if possible. The thought of almost loosing Kyungsoo many times now gives him shiver and nightmares. He doesn't want that to happen again. So now, as crazy as it sounds he wants to propose to Kyungsoo. Whatever Kyungsoo's answer is, he's prepared for it.

 

"I know what you're thinking Yeol. But please, don't do it yet hmm? Let's enjoy this day!" Kyungsoo beamed at him painfully. He can now breathe and living his second life, he treasures every moment more than ever.

 

"Okay." Chanyeol muttered kissing Kyungsoo's temples. "Whatever suits you babe." Chanyeol winked at him making Kyungsoo puke rainbows and blush.

 

Amusement parks are no fun to them. Its cliché and well they don't really have good memories on them so they crossed it out on their bucket list today.

 

So the list goes like this:

 

 

1. Walk at the park side by side. (No holding hands really.)

2. Go visit their mother and send them off on a date or whatever they like to do.

3. Prank their friends.

4. Kiss Baekhyun's cheeks. (Kyungsoo's)

5. Go to the beach.

6. Collect seashells, play whatever they wanna do.

7. Eat lots of whatever they find on the way.

8. Watch the sunset.

9.

10.

 

They decided the last two ones would be one for Chanyeol and one for Kyungsoo. They don't know what the other is thinking about regarding this so its a secret for now.

 

"Okay so let's start now?" Chanyeol grinned making Kyungsoo grin too.

 

"Yes. And don't you dare pass out on me Park."

 

"We know if someone's gonna pass out here it'll be you Soo. You're still on your recovery kiddo."

 

"Don't call me kiddo giant. I maybe 173 cm but I'm strong enough to castrate you!" Kyungsoo pointed an accusing finger at him and Chanyeol just laughed. "What are you laughing at you freak?!!!!!"

 

"Nothing kiddo. I'm not a giant its just that you have an extremely normal height or should I say common?" Kyungsoo just glared at him. "You know what Soo? You don't really look that intimidating. You still look like a squishy lil kiddo when you glare at me or to anyone."

 

" you."

 

"Gladly and I know you love me Soo." Chanyeol kissed him then gave him a wink. Kyungsoo was left dumbfounded but after he gathered his senses, he smiled sincerely. "Let's walk together now?" Kyungsoo nodded and the giant just held his hand. 'It feels warm as usual. So nice,' Kyungsoo thought.

 

"Its been awhile since we came to this park don't you think? We have a lot of memories here."

 

"Yes, yes we do have lots of memories here." Kyungsoo looked around and when he spotted their tree, he felt nostalgic and happy. "Oh, hey look at that tree! Remember what we did?!"

 

Chanyeol followed where Kyungsoo pointed at and beamed. "When we were like 10? Yes, of course! We wrote what we want to tell each other in the future and buried it 3 feet down." He pursed his lips as he ended his statement.

 

"Silly. Hmm I know you keep promises Yeol so promise me you won't read what I wrote while I'm still alive."

 

"Why? Its not fair. We promised we'll read it when we're like 20."

 

"Can't my cuteness just be the reason?"

 

"So now you admit that you're cute?" Chanyeol scoffed.

 

"Whatever. So do you promise or nah?"

 

"Anything for you baby, you know me."

 

"Thank you." Kyungsoo kissed his cheek. "Thank you really."

 

They approached the tree and seated down for a bit. "Too bad you didn't brought your guitar."

 

"We can always go acapella."

 

"You're more talented in that part. This is making me sad."

 

"But you sing better than me!"

 

"Stop trying to make me feel better. The psychological damage has already been inflicted."

 

"Then how do I make up for the psychological damage then?"

 

"You do the number 2."

 

"We're supposed to do that together no backing out."

 

"Fine. Let's just go dumbyeol."

 

"Okay."

 

They then left the park but Kyungsoo stopped for a bit and looked back at the tree. 'They held so many memories since we were born. I hope Chanyeol won't stop creating new ones with or without me.'

 

"Soo?"

 

"Coming!" Kyungsoo said then smiled sadly.

 

***

 

"Number one crossed out. Time to proceed to number two!"

 

"What will they like? Hmm oh wait is that musical still running?"

 

"That... Oh That! Yes I think? They like musicals right?"

 

"Yep. Its perfect then we can go send them in a spa or something after."

 

"Sounds good!"

 

"Okay let's do it. Go kidnap Mrs. Do and I'll go kidnap Mrs. Park."

 

"Kidnap? Seriously Soo?"

 

"Admit it they don't age so they still look like kids and basically they act like one too. So yes KIDnap it is."

 

Chanyeol just shrugged clearly amused. "Okay but since its cold, here wear this." He handed ear muffs and gloves to Kyungsoo then he placed scarf on his neck. Kyungsoo just frowned. "I'm not a kid."

 

"Right." Chanyeol still proceeded anyway.

 

***

 

"Hey mom? Uh well you see, err... Chanyeol and I wants to treat you and Mrs. Park to a musical and well have some quality time whatever after at the spa so well yeah, thank you for everything mom you did well. I- pffft why is this so hard?!" Mrs. Do already knows what Kyungsoo is about to say but she's waiting anyway. "I- I... I love you! There I said- oh" He was pulled into a hug by a sobbing mother and well as long as its tears of joy then Kyungsoo will allow it.

 

"You know dear? I love you too. Very very very much. Forever and always! You and your brother are my greatest treasure no one can ever replace."

 

"I know mom now could you please stop hugging me now? Love hurts umpfh"

 

"Sorry." Mrs. Do released him and kissed his cheeks.

 

"Now go get ready now! The show will start in two hours! Go go go!!!"

 

"Okay dear! Thank you!!!"

 

Kyungsoo smiled.

 

Chanyeol did the same to his mother in uh kinda different way from Kyungsoo.

 

"Ms. Park So Hyun, I, your loving and precious handsome son would like to invite you to a spetacular time with your best friend Ms. Do Chae Rin happening in two hours from now. I love you mom! Here's a rose for you! Now we don't want you to be late don't we? Go get dressed now prettily although you're already pretty." Chanyeol finished off with a wink.

 

Mrs. Park just chuckled because all she understood really was the part that she needs to get dressed uhm for a date or something with Chae Rin. "Okay son. Thank you."

 

Chanyeol grinned and kissed his mom's cheeks. "Hope you'll have fun!"

 

"Will do!"

 

***

"So number one and number two done! I'm not really sure with the number three to be honest."

 

"Since we have Jongdae there I doubt it too. We might get pranked instead of them."

 

"So let's uhm just cross it out I guess?"

 

"Hmm wait! Let's do it at my house."

 

"Are you sure Kyungsoo?"

 

"Yep. They won't suspect me at all!"

 

"So what's the plan?"

 

"We just need them to run in here in a hurry and well you know drinks!"

 

"Wow Soo you're evil."

 

'Its the last time so yes I hope this will be a memorable one for everyone'

 

Kyungsoo just grinned.

 

***

 

"Hey guys I'm still at school and I need all your help! Kyungsoo won't answer his damn phone after he called me."

 

"Did something happened?! He's supposed to be out today right?!"

 

"Yeah. Well he sounded sick and I'm very worried and it might take me 30 minutes before I reach his house. Please go check on him."

 

"Okay Yeol. We'll be there."

 

"I believe in you guys..." And the line went dead.

 

"Pffffftt"

 

"Stop laughing at me! Its your idea!!!"

 

"I know but, 'hey guys I'm still at school bla bla bla bla' bahahahahahahahahahahaha you sound funny I just can't I-"

 

Chanyeol huffed. "Okay you better act like you're passed out before they arrive. I gotta hide now."

 

"Why does it sound so lyrical okay. You know how good I am in acting."

 

"Well yeah so chop chop now we have to do our own tasks."

 

"The drinks are ready, we just need to pour it later and act all concerned and ."

 

"I got it."

 

Chanyeol went to hide now somewhere in the kitchen. Kyungsoo lay dead near the sofa by the door and Chanyeol can't help but feel worried because Kyungsoo really looks like he's dying or unconscious. He have to erase those thoughts and focus on their plan.

 

After a few minutes, everyone came barging in. When they found Kyungsoo lying on the floor, they immediately went to his side and shook him. Just as Kyungsoo is starting to feel dizzy, he suddenly opened his eyes and said "who dares to disturb my sleep?"

 

Everybody went still. Nobody sleeps on the floor because it seems stupid. "Wait. So you're not."

 

"Where the is Park Chanyeol?!"

 

"You shouldn't joke like that!!!!!!"

 

"Uh-huh. Chanyeol you may come out now. And sorry guys it was my idea, you know...things to do before dying."

 

"Seriously Soo you aren't dying anymore."

 

"If you say so," Kyungsoo shrugged.

 

"Drinks maybe?" Chanyeol said as he hands the drinks over to them.

 

"At least you have the decency to give us drinks." Baekhyun spatted.

 

"Well..." Jongdae looked hesitantly at the drinks.

 

"Don't worry Dae, it isn't poisoned. Now lets all drink it together to filter your doubts shall we?"

 

They all just nodded and drank it in one go only to throw it up seconds after they drank it.

 

"What the is wrong with you oh my god who dared to mess with the drinks?!"

 

Chanyeol pointed at Kyungsoo at the same time the latter pointed at him.

 

"Good thing I have my bubble tea, right Lu?"

 

"Yep! oh my god that looks gross."

 

"That's it." Baekhyun snapped. "Kai go get Chanyeol. I'll go get Kyungsoo. Jongdae go prepare it."

 

"hyuuunnngggggg~" Kyungsoo whined. "I'm still on recovery!!!"

 

"Recovery my , you tricked us!!! How dare you trick your majesty you shall be punished!" Kyungsoo just laughed and ran away. Everyone was chasing each other and the house is a mess. When Baekhyun caught Kyungsoo they both giggled. Kyungsoo kissed Baekhyun's cheeks and told him "I love you and please do fix the house!" before taking Chanyeol's hand and then left the house.

 

"That was fun haha did you see Baekhyun's face?!"

 

"Yeah I did and oh your eye is twitching again."

 

"You're so evil," Chanyeol pouted.

 

"And you love me."

 

"I'll never win with you. So anyways, shall we head to the beach now? Good thing our house is just near it phew,"

 

"Of course, but no swimming."

 

"I know princess, you can't get tired."

 

"What princess?"

 

"You. You're my princess and I'm your prince."

 

"What makes you think that I should be the princess here?"

 

"Uhm...our height? No wait that's not it. It's your face, you're so beautiful."

 

" off."

 

"Okay I'm sorry alright? Not. But really Kyungsoo you're beautiful."

 

"Don't. Stop just- ugh okay you're beautiful to me too. All your imperfections are a beauty. Basically I- I...nevermind. We're here."

 

Chanyeol sighed. "It's gonna be dark soon."

 

"Yeah." It's too soon.

 

"Our shoes might get sand so what should we do?"

 

"Silly. Remember the time when we used to find coins in the sand? Whoever wins get to order around the loser." Kyungsoo suggested. Chanyeol's ears perked up to this making Kyungsoo chuckle. "Shall we start now?" Chanyeol nodded. They went around the beach finding coins but Chanyeol is the most enthusiastic. Kyungsoo already found one but he decided to bury it again and just watch Chanyeol.

 

Why is fate so cruel? Maybe I did something wrong or its because I chose this. I just wish everything would be fine. Chanyeol, please be fine.

 

 

Chanyeol finally found a coin and he grinned devilishly at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just smirked knowing fully what Chanyeol is thinking right now.

 

 

"So... I won."

 

If only you knew. Kyungsoo just nodded and smiled. "Its a first you won against me."

 

"I know right. As for the prize, I won't ask for it yet. Is that okay with you?"

 

"Sure. I'm hungry lets go eat now?"

 

"I would say lets go eat pizza but you're still on recovery. Shaved ice is a no no too hmm so salad maybe? How about your medicine? Oh shoot its past the time you need to take it. Let's go now!" Chanyeol dragged Kyungsoo to a restaurant and as he said, they ate salad together and he made Kyungsoo drink his medicine. After that, they went to sit down on the sand as they watch the sun set down.

 

"Its really beautiful. I wish I can be the sun."

 

"Then shall I be your moon?" Chanyeol said. "Although they don't really meet but they kept on chasing each other, its still a beautiful story. Don't you think so?"

 

Oh the irony, Kyungsoo thought but nodded nonchalantly. Chanyeol then decided what should be the number nine on their bucket list today.

 

1. Walk at the park side by side.

2. Go visit their mother and send them off on a date.

3. Prank their friends.

4. Kiss Baekhyun's cheeks.

5. Go to the beach.

6. Collect seashells, play whatever they wanna do.

7. Eat lots of whatever they find on the way.

8. Watch the sunset.

9. Propose to Kyungsoo.

10.

 

He gulps nervously as he looks at Kyungsoo.

 

"Soo?"

 

"Hmm?" Kyungsoo hums not trusting his own voice. He clutches on his pants as he tries to focus on his surroundings.

 

"I've been meaning to ask this for some time now. They all tell us that we're perfect for each other right? Like were attached by the hip or something well... I agree with them and I would like to stay with you for the rest of my life. I'm very sure of this and you know how I feel for you. We've been together maybe not as a lover for years now and I know this maybe sudden but I don't even have a ring with me ..." Chanyeol inhales deeply. "Will you marry me?"

 

Kyungsoo became stiff. He's been preparing for this moment for a long time now and he wants to say yes. Tears are pooling in his eyes. Oh how much he craves to kiss Chanyeol on the lips so he does it without thinking otherwise. Chanyeol happily leans in closer to kiss Kyungsoo properly and after a few moments they broke the kiss to gasp for air.

 

"I'm so happy Chanyeol, I'm forever thanking the heavens that I met you..." Kyungsoo tries to focus his eyes on Chanyeol. It's too soon. I have to make a choice now... love or requiem? yeah damn right but remember Chanyeol, "I love you..." and he lays limp on Chanyeol's arms in a matter of seconds as darkness overtook his vision.

 

 

1. Walk at the park side by side.

2. Go visit their mother and send them off on a date.

3. Prank their friends.

4. Kiss Baekhyun's cheeks. (Kyungsoo's)

5. Go to the beach.

6. Collect seashells, play whatever they wanna do.

7. Eat lots of whatever they find on the way.

8. Watch the sunset.

9. Propose to Kyungsoo.

10. Live. For Chanyeol.