Requiem 17

Love or Requiem?

Requiem 17: A  New Beginning, Possibly Love?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Its been a month since the incident with Kyungsoo happened. It took him a lot of persuasion skills he possesses and aegyo to persuade Junmyeon to discharge him fromthe hospital. He took his medicines wholeheartedly and done exercises vigorously. Chanyeol kept on showering him with care and has been sweeter if possible together with Baekhyun. He's been under their watch the moment he got discharged and it gets annoying at times but really what can he do? The duo tends to overreact with everything but he's Do Kyungsoo after all. And no one can control him. So just one glare and the duo would go backwards from him. That's more like it.

 

 

He's back to school too but only for exams and student council work purposes. His school works got lessen but not that he's complaining. He didn't really need to get tutored for lessons he missed since he's smart and can do self study. He realized that Kai is purposely avoiding him? Because every time he's about to greet Kai, the latter makes up excuses immediately even though its not reasonable at all. But thinking about it, he just shrugged it off thinking its just like him being bipolar.

 

 

Kai didn't took what happened to Kyungsoo very well. And the mention of Soojung's name made it worse. He avoided everyone and secluded himself even from his own family. Chanyeol and Baekhyun tried to talk to him and comfort him but to no avail. They just gave him space in hopes that he'll come around soon.

 

***

 

[ New Year's Eve ]

 

"Kyungsoo-yah!!!"

 

 

"Oh Yeol,its just you...again."

 

 

"HEY C'MON ITS NEW YEAR'S EVE!!! WE HAVE TO CELEBRATE LIKE WE USED TO. LOOK I EVEN BOUGHT FIREWORKS. MINI FIREWORKS OR IS IT LIGHTERS? WHATEVER OKAY???"

 

 

"Okay? ooh." Chanyeol dragged him to the path going into the river side. Its cold, very cold. Crisp January air hitting his face. It feels nice but he's cold. He didn't even brought his jacket with him leaving him with only a thin sweater on. And how stupid really can Chanyeol get? He only went out with his slippers on and Kyungsoo has this huge urge to smack Chanyeol in the head but he composes himself. But no. He clearly underestimated Chanyeol's stupidity. He forgot to bring a match or a lighter or literally just anyhing that can make a fire. Seriously.

 

 

"Hey Soo I forgot the matches. Oh wait you're cold of course you're cold damn you can't afford to get cold." Chanyeol removed his scarf and placed it around Kyungsoo's neck hastily. He removed his jacket too and made Kyungsoo wear it. 

 

So so stupid aish.

 

"Then what about you?" Kyungsoo cocked an eyebrow. "Come here closer." Chanyeol went as he was told and Kyungsoo held his hands puffing hot breath on it while rubbing it comfortingly making the former's heart flutter wildly. "Since I don't want you getting sick, go back to your house and wear proper shoes and clothes and don't forget about the matches  or lighter  and do bring food too!" He removed his scarf and placed it on Chanyeol's neck. "Its the least I can offer you so hurry if you don't want me to freeze to death here!"

 

"I'll be back." Chanyeol nodded furiously before running off to his house.

 

I'm so selfish. I'm just a burden for them. Chanyeol, he deserves the best...which is clearly not me.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the sky. Its dark and very clear but no stars are shining bright. It reminds him of his father and Soojung whom he greatly misses. Heaving a sigh, he seated himself on the land and played with the pebbles he found. 

 

 

"Hyung, stop blaming yourself." Kai seated himself beside Kyungsoo.

 

 

"Kai? Why are you here? I thought you were avoiding me?"

 

 

Kai didn't responded. He just wiped Kyungsoo's tears away and didn't said a thing at all. They shared a comfortable silence for a while until Kyungsoo spoke up first.

 

 

 

"I'll only stop blaming myself if you stop blaming yourself too."

 

 

 

"Shall we stop living in the past now and just move on? Soojung and you are very alike though. She can never be forgotten."

 

 

 

"We're alike huh? I know you kissed me once too but think of that as a thank you for all the troubles I've caused."

 

 

"Yeah. No . My heart fluttered because of you to be honest but then I don't know anymore. You know Soojung used to tell me stories about you everyday. She's the happiest when she's talking about you."

 

 

"Same here. I think on one point she tried to set us up..."

 

 

"Hmm. Like you tried to do with Baekhyun and Chanyeol."

 

 

"Was it really that obvious?"

 

 

"Not really. But you know hyung? The way Soojung tells me all about you, I feel like I've known you my whole life and I treasure you greatly. If you think you're not the best for Chanyeol, then why do all of us feel otherwise then? You have to live for yourself, for others. Give yourself a chance to be happy heck you deserve to be happy. I can see why Chanyeol loves you hyung, you're a wonderful person, a rare gem, you possess purity, true beauty like a black pearl. Live on hyung, Soojung would like you to live on too." Kai ruffled his hair and left him.

 

 

Thinking about what Kai said, Kyungsoo knows the answer now. He looks up at the sky again and the stars are now shining bright. Chanyeol is shining bright.

 

 

"Hey Soo! I brought the lighter now and foods!"

 

 

Kyungsoo flashed his squishy smile and nodded at Chanyeol. They went to light the fireworks and admire its short-lived beauty. Its very bright and colorful and pretty that Kyungsoo decided that its now or never. 

 

 

"Park Chanyeol listen to what I'm about to say to you uhm this is well embarrassing geez just listen okay? I don't repeat myself. Okay here goes nothing. Thank you Chanyeol for caring for me, for being sweet to me, for worrying over me, for being my guide and source of happiness. Thank you for making me feel loved, for being my friend, my bestfriend, my everything, Thank you for putting up with my tantrums and attitude and I'm so not sorry for  liking you. Park Chanyeol would you like to be my boyfriend?" Kyungsoo  gasped as he finishes his sentence and closed his eyes tightly while Chanyeol is just there standing there dumb founded.

 

 

" I knew it its gonna be a fail ugh stupid Do Kyungsoo. Just pretend you didn't hear that okay?" Just as Kyungsoo was about to hit his head,Chanyeol pulled him closer and kissed him fully on the lips. Their lips molded perfectly just as their heart beating synchronizingly. Fireworks  started to paint the night sky and as they parted for air, looks of adoration and love can be seen in their eyes.

 

 

"I'm so sorry I took so lo- umphf." Kyungsoo got pulled again in a kiss by Chanyeol. And as they parted for the second time gasping for air, Chanyeol answered. "I'm your boyfriend now Do Kyungsoo, no backing out now! Do you know how long I have  waited for this oh my god I love you Soo!!!"

 

 

"Oh shut up Yeol don't make me regret my decision now."

 

 

"Yeolike me anyways." Chanyeol smiled and this time, Kyungsoo pulled him in a chaste kiss. 

 

 

"I do Yeol. Damn I really do." They both stare into each other's eyes with a contented smile planted on their faces.

 

 

This is  how everything is supposed to be right? I made the right decision right?

 

 

Don't worry so much Soo, everything is perfect right now. We're happy. Everyone would be happy.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This update was supposed to be published before new year but I figured its a perfect start for the new year since chansoo happened you lovely creatures omg. I haven't proof read this yet and my first draft actually got deleted aish I'm so dumb so yeah I had to rewrite this but its okay I'm kinda satisfied with this chapter. Well enough of that. I wanna greet y'all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Thank you for being part of my life through reading this fic vice versa. Wishing you all the best for 2015!!!


I LOVE YOU ALL REALLY!!! THANK YOU!!! <333


upvote/subscribe/comments are very well appreciated! xoxo