Requiem 11

Love or Requiem?
Requiem 11: School festival, Performances , and avoiding Chanyeol?

 

 

Its the school festival but no one really pays attention to it. The center of attention as usual would be for the performances by the seniors. And later on, the basketball match between Yonsei High and EXO High. 

 

The day is today for the performance of the seniors. Just a few hours more and its showtime. But they're all very tense and excited at the same time so they decided to go for a walk first. They strolled through the booths and ate foods. 

 

"Hey its not that bad as they say it is...The school festival I mean." Baekhyun said.

 


"Of course not. Its just that the main event always is the center of attraction and attention." Kyungsoo replied. 

 


The three just nodded. 

 


"Oh there's a weird tent there?" Kai asked unsurely. 

 

"Cool! It looks creepy but hey guys lets go check it out!" Chanyeol suggested.

 

"Okay!" 

 

They all went inside and it was really dark and cold? It reeks of smoke too but nonetheless, they bowed at the old lady politely and seated themselves. 

 

"You four have a very interesting fate." The old lady started. "Especially you young man," she pointed at Kyungsoo. "Give me your hand." Kyungsoo reluctantly gave her his hand and the old lady chuckled. "Such a pure soul hmmnn. Don't worry young man go on on what you planned to do. Fate is on your side. Embrace it, and the souls will lead you." Kyungsoo felt chills to his spine and immediately got up after thanking the old lady.    

 


The other three was about to leave too to follow Kyungsoo but the old lady grabbed Chanyeol's wrist. "You young man. You need to look for the signs. You may change his fate but first you must open your eyes. Listen to your heart and obstacles may come but just remember that life is just like that."

 


"Okay? Thank You for your time..." Chanyeol bowed and left. 

 

 

"Good Luck Kyungsoo, my grandson. May fate be loyal to you."


***


"Kyungsoo-yah! Wait!"

 


"Oh? Why'd you left the tent?"

 


"Because you went out silly." Baekhyun answered. 

 

 

"Oh right I have to pee, sorry." Kyungsoo chuckled. 

 

 

"Wow I thought it was something serious but okay go now, sorry." 

 

 

Kyungsoo ran into the nearest comfort room. "Does that old lady know about me and my plan? And fate? Oh please this doesn't make any sense at all. Arrrghhhhh I should really stop thinking about it but , I must say it creeped me out. No no no no."

 

 

"Hey hyung?" Kai knocked on the door.

 


Kyungsoo is now panicking. Did Kai heard it all? 

 

Another knock was made and Kyungsoo stood up and opened the door. 

 

"Hey. Are you feeling sick again?"

 


"Nope, just thinking."

 

"Oh okay."

 


"So shall we go now?"

 

"Yes."

 

***

 

They have another 2 hours left before the performance. Kai is still following Kyungsoo. Chanyeol is with Baekhyun as usual these days.

 

They look happy together. Yes just continue being like that. Kyungsoo thought to himself. 

 


"Hey Soo you've got something on your lips." "Oh?" Kyungsoo wiped his lips. "This won't do. Here let me wipe it for you," Kai said with a smirk. Kyungsoo was so flabbergasted that he just went still, eyes about to pop out. 

 


"Hey lets buy ice cream! That ddeokbokki was really spicy! Bleh."   Chanyeol suddenly said. 

 

"Call!" Baekhyun chirped. They then went to buy ice cream and Kyungsoo just watched them from afar. 

 

"Why'd you do that?"

 

"What?"

 


"You're planning something but... Nevermind."

 


"Stop thinking about others then. And I'll stop."

 

"Whatever Kai."

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun messed around with each other running around while playing with the ice cream. This brings nostalgic memories to Kyungsoo and he smiled at the scene. Just as Chanyeol went to kiss Baekhyun, a tear escaped from Kyungsoo's eyes and he took that as a sign to leave. Kai just let him be. 

 

***


"Good Evening ladies and gentlemen! Tonight is the night we all are anticipating for... The night of the senior's performances held yearly here on EXO Stadium in our beloved school of course. Anyway, enough with the intro... Please give a round of applause for the first performer, Zhang Yixing and Oh Sehun together with Wu Yi Fan and Huang Zi Tao!!!"

 


"Wooohhooooo!!!!!" The crowd cheered enthusiastically. 

 


They danced two moons while the latter chinese duo rapped. 

 


After them were Kim Jongdae's solo. He sang 'Best of Luck.' And Kyungsoo was really fascinated with Jongdae's performance. Next was his partner's performance which is Luhan's. Luhan danced The Star. And damn its like he's watching pfft but he admits that the guy can dance. 

 


Many other pairs performed that night too and lastly it was now their group. 

 


"Fighting guys!!!" They all said while slapping each other. That caught the other group's attention. "They really are a bunch of weirdos. Yet unique and talented. Man this . I really like them." The others agreed and watched them perform.

 


First was Chanyeol and Baekhyun's performance. Chanyeol played the guitar while Baekhyun sang. They performed "Love Song." And the way they look into each other's eyes was like they're really in love. They were lost in their own world and Kyungsoo felt a tug on his heart during that moment. 

 

The next performance is Kyungsoo and Kai's. They performed "My Lady." The way Kyungsoo's soulful voice mix with the ecstatic atmosphere Kai gives while he dances was just awesome. Everybody clapped eagerly and melted when the performance ended. "Of course its Kaisoo aahh so perfect." The crowd said. 

 

Now is Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's duet. They sang "What is Love and Moonlight." Kyungsoo's mother recognizes that voice and stood up with tears on her eyes. Kyungsoo gestured that the other man is Hyunnie. Baekhyun just winked at her and made a hand signal that they'll talk later earning a gasp and nod from his mother. 

 

The next thing they performed is "Baby Don't Cry." Every lyrics and melody, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's voice blend well. Chanyeol's rap fits really well too and Kai's dance moves just made everyone in awe. Kai finished it well with his fingers imaginarily playing a piano as the lights went out. 

 

"That was really something." They all grinned, adrenaline still in their system. 

 

"Hey hyung, go meet mom now!" 

 

"Can you come with me?"

 

"Nope. She's all yours for tonight. And yeah I probably won't go home today please do tell mom!"

 

"Sure you cheeky bastard." With that Baekhyun ran off.

 


"You won't go home Soo? Why?"

 


"I got stuffs to do here. Its nothing new Yeol. Please excuse me first." Kyungsoo said as he grabbed a bottle of water on the table and immediately went off. Kai followed Kyungsoo again and that made Chanyeol very confused. 

 


"Did I do something wrong? Kyungsoo seems to ignore me these days... Nope he must be busy, yes he's just busy." Chanyeol said with a nod. 

 

 

And Jongdae witnessing it all just muttered, "If only you know it all..." And smiled a sad one as he left. 
 

 

----

 

edited: 1/4/15