Requiem 10

Love or Requiem?
Requiem 10: Revelations, Pretending 

 

 

 

"Took you long enough to realize."

 

 

"Kyungsoo?"

 

 

"I promised you hyung. I said I am going to find you."

 


"How?"

 


Kyungsoo just smiled.

 

 

Baekhyun slowly walked towards Kyungsoo. "A-are you my b-brother?" 

 


"Yes and No."

 


"Stop playing jokes with me!!!"

 


"Yes I'm your brother and at the same time not."

 


"What? Is one of us adopted or something? And why is the bracelet in Chanyeol's possession then when I clearly gave it to my brother?"

 


"Hmmmn...Nope. I just wanna mess with your head that's all." Kyungsoo finished saying it with a smile. 

 


"You're really my brother huh. You never changed."

 


"And that's exactly what you like about me."

 


"You're so bad you . Come here will you?" Kyungsoo approached him and they hugged each other never letting go. Nope they're not crying but what the hell they are kissing each other. And its french kissing what-? 

 

"I thought they were brothers?" Kai asked Chanyeol clearly amused at the scene before him. 

 


"I thought so too. The last time I saw Hyunnie we were on bad terms and that broke me since I thought he died from his illness and I like him a lot."

 


"He's sick?"

 


"Yeah. He used to be confined in the hospital a lot after their accident. Kyungsoo got in a coma during that time. Baekhyun had amnesia and Ivthink he left to America to get treated?  That's why I heard that time. The last time they saw each other is during the accident if I'm not mistaken. Kyungsoo was frequently in the hospital too without remembering much."

 


"Wow that's so... is Kyungsoo sick or something?"

 


"Its just asthma."

 


"I see..."

 


Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were so in each other that Chanyeol and Kai literally has to stop them and break them apart. Kyungsoo just smirked while Baekhyun blushed. Okay what?

 


"So are you really brothers?" Kai asked.

 


They both just shrugged. 

 

 

"H-hyuuuunnnniiiee~~~~~"

 


"Channiiieeee~~~~~~ why did you became a giant?! its not fair!"

 

 

"Told you I'm gonna be taller than you someday. And you're just short. Exactly my style." Chanyeol winked making Baekhyun blush but nevertheless they hugged and never let each other go. 

 


Kyungsoo smiled at the scene. Kai cleared his throat and suddenly spoke. "So are you like that I mean err like always intimate to each other?"

 

"Nope. But hey leave them be and let's start planning." Kyungsoo answered. 

 


Chanyeol and Baekhyun joked around and eventually flirted and eat up each other's faces earning an eye roll from Kai and a shrug from Kyungsoo. 

 


They were planning for the performance now sincerely and decided that they will do four stages. Chanyeol and Baekhyun will have a duet first. Then Kyungsoo will sing while Kai dance then next would be a duet from the brothers. And lastly, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun will sing while Chanyeol would rap and Kai will dance. They decided to start practice tomorrow officially so they would have time to prepare. 

 


They decided to call it a day and bid their goodbyes. But before Kyungsoo left, Chanyeol spoke.

 

"Hey Kyungsoo! Lets go hang out together with Baekhyun!" Chanyeol said while grinning.

 

 

"Sorry Yeol. I'll pass. I'm sure Hyunnie here missed you!" Kyungsoo said with a wink.

 


Baekhyun just blushed and smacked Kyungsoo's head. "Yah! Why are you selling off your brother to a creepo?"

 

 

"What? You like each other anyway." Kyungsoo just shrugged and walked away. 

 

Chanyeol said that he likes Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo did not fail to hear it. He just smiled and said to himself we'll see about that.

 


Kyungsoo started on clutching at his chest as he walks on the way to his house. Kai definitely saw it and immediately came to his aid. "Don't worry I'm fine... Just go..."

 


"No."

 


Kyungsoo can't speak now for the pain he's feeling is really intense. Kai picked him up bridal style and Kyungsoo just buried his face on Kai's chest. They then went inside Kyungsoo's house and Kai didn't leave until Kyungsoo is really okay.

 


 Chanyeol saw it all and was deeply hurt. So he likes Kai? That thought hurt Chanyeol. 

 


Chanyeol and Baekhyun hang out at the arcade. They truly missed each other. They were bestfriends and like each other not romantically until Baekhyun disappeared. Chanyeol still likes Baekhyun and his heart beats rapidly at the sight of him. 

 

Baekhyun is like the definition of an angel. His features is very angelic. The way his eyes turns into a smile, his thin lips the way he it is sinful, his fingers are still beautiful. He just wanna cuddle Baekhyun really. 

 

"Hey Yeol. Yeol. Yeol. Channniiiieeeee"

 


"Oh yeah?"

 

"Ugh so I was asking you are you taking care of my Soo well?"

 


"Of course."

 


"You better be. How did you even made him your boyfriend? I mean wow he's not really fond of relationships as far as I remember?"

 


"We're not."

 


"Wha-"

 


"I... I don't know. He always rejects me. Am I not that likeable?"

 

 

"Hush kiddo. He likes you I mean yeah you're creepy but I like you. Believe me if I Iike you, he likes you too."

 


"You like me? Did you know that I like you when we were kids until now..."

 


"I'm aware but you like Kyungsoo more believe me. And you're meant to be." Baekhyun finished off with a sad smile.

 


"But he- arrrghhh I don't know I'm so confused I need time to think." 

 


"Lets go home then? After buying ice cream tee hee~"

 


"You never changed. That's amazing. Thank you Hyunnie."

 

"Yeol Welcome oppa."

 


"That oppa thingy gives me goose bumps."

 


"Me too."

 


***

The following day Kyungsoo was in deep thoughts. He wasn't cheerful too but he never was. But still, it got everyone worried. 


"Soo what are you thinking about hmmn?" Baekhyun asked while hugging Kyungsoo. "Nothing don't worry. Its just stress." Kyungsoo tried to smile. 

 

"You can talk to me about it you know?"

 

"I don't. Its okay really hyung. And you'll meet mom soon so prepare to cry."

 


Baekhyun just chuckled. "Oh please."

 


"Lets go now to our class?"

 


"Yeah."

 

 

---

The day was very tiring. But still they practiced enthusiastically. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo showcased their powerful vocals. Kai was next to showcase his dancing skills. He swayed and became one with the music. Each step was made carefully and passionately which led the trio in deep awe. Chanyeol and Kai easily clicked together which is not really surprising after Chanyeol announced that he's Kai's fanboy.

 


They decided to make each other's performance a secret to each other. The only thing they're aware of is the performance that they'll participate on. They decided that for it to be a surprise.  

 

They then practiced by the way their performance will go with their own respective partners. 


***


Days passed and they were satisfied with their performances so far. But Kyungsoo seems to be exhausted easily than ever though he never let it show. No one seems to notice it except Kai. And he's really worried since he's the only one who helps Kyungsoo when he's in pain. Seeing Chanyeol and Baekhyun together is not helping Kyungsoo at all but its for the best right? so he tries to ignore them as much as possible. Kai though, wouldn't leave him alone and constantly follows him instead of Chanyeol. And of course Chanyeol doesn't fail to notice it. He feels a pang on his chest whenever he witnesses it. Kyungsoo kinda missed Chanyeol pestering him but with Kai he doesn't mind it although he's still uneasy with the said boy. 

 


"Kai please stop. I want to be alone."

 


"Kyungsoo stop being in pain...then I'll leave you alone."

 

 

"If only I can..." Kyungsoo sighed. 

 

 

"Please open up to me at least. Pretend that I'm just a stranger. Tell me the things you can't or don't want to tell others. I'll be like the wind for you. I would like to lessen your worries."

 

 

That made Kyungsoo break down.  But instead of crying, he just hugged Kai and muttered a 'Thank You' with a kiss on his cheeks before leaving. 

 


Chanyeol saw it. And he was broken. 

 

 

 

---

edited: 1/4/15