Requiem 15

Love or Requiem?

 

Requiem 16: Happy Birthday Chanyeol.

 


Its too much. Everything is too much. Its gonna be Chanyeol's birthday soon and well his friends are all busy planning a party for him. But from the looks of it, its like there would be an instead of an actual party. Kyungsoo knows they are all gay and he's thankful that his friends are not so gay. Do you get it? Well whatever. The problem here is that they are all bunches (actually its just Kyungsoo but he'll kick your okay so lets just forget it because really they're all too innocent). And he's not sure if this is right and he's very embarrassed to be honest because they all have to cosplay someone like really? A children's party? And to top it off its gonna be in the hospital! They decided to just volunteer there and well, do a mini concert for everyone. Its not actually a bad idea perse but with all the mess they're creating finding costumes, materials and stuffs its all giving a headache for Kyungsoo. 

 


"Hey Kyungsoo! Move your and help us find the wands!"  

 


"Not sure if this is halloween party or a birthday party." Kyungsoo said while shaking his head. 

 


"Shut up! This is gonna be fun!" 

 


"I hope so hyung. It better be!"

 


"Oh Soo don't worry! You know how I am." 

 


"Exactly! That's why I am worried."

 


Baekhyun pouted and went to find the wands. He came across a box full of toys and nostalgia came. He  went to pick up a toy car they used to play with together or more like Kyungsoo's favorite toy car he used to steal because its so cool and he's jealous of it. "Hey that's the toy I like to hit you with! Woah this is so amusing. I didn't know mom kept it." Baekhyun nodded while grinning. 

 


"Remember the promise I made to you?" 

 


"Of course hyung. You said you'll buy me a real car like that when we grow up!"

 


"I still haven't fulfilled it my my..." Baekhyun faked sobbed. 

 


"You don't have to really. I never expected you to fulfill it anyways."

 

 

Baekhyun felt guilty so he tickled Kyungsoo to death until the latter is out of breath. "Kyungsoo-yah, hyung loves you very much! Lets live till we grew gray beards and and and ... Wait Kyungsoo are you still okay?!" 

 


Kyungsoo is breathing heavily and looks very pale. "I'm okay just emotional hah let me just go drink water."

 


"Would you like me to go get it for you?"

 


"No hyung, I'm fine." Kyungsoo tried to assure Baekhyun and the latter nodded unsurely. Kyungsoo got up and almost tripped which made Baekhyun worried. He found a key and assumed it must be Kyungsoo's so he placed it on the study table and resumed to his search. After several minutes, he finally found it but the mess he created made him trip and the first thing he grabbed on out of reflex is a drawer's handle. 

 


"Strange...why is this locked? Oh right! The key!" Baekhyun immediately grabbed the key and opened the drawer. "Kyungsoo might be hiding s here for all I know." Baekhyun smirked but the sight of an envelope made him raise an eyebrow. "Seoul Hospital...hmm this is the hospital we're gonna volunteer for. Did Kyungsoo made his research about it already? That cheeky bastard." He opened the envelope and all he saw are results? Blood tests, medical terms he doesn't understand..."heart transplant?"

 

Kyungsoo just came in when Baekhyun muttered it. "H-hyung what are you doing?" Kyungsoo nervously asked. 'Oh did he found out?' He mentally face palmed himself. 

 

"Do Kyungsoo. Explain this to me. Tell me this is nothing. You're not dying right? I'm wrong right?!  TELL ME!!!!!" Baekhyun is now sobbing. 

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath. "I guess its time to spill my greatest secret then?" He said while smiling. "To answer your question, yes I'm dying and well its not that bad. I mean yeah... Its called Cardiomyopathy." 

 

"How long have you known?"

 

"Its been awhile. I've known it that I'm gonna die if not sooner then later maybe or possibly tomorrow." 

 

"Why not get a ing transplant then?! This paper tells me you already have a donor ready!"

 

"What ifs hyung."

 

"But you're strong enough!"

 

"You see for people like us, a donor is heaven's gift. But you know donors backing out is normal. I've gone through it and lost hope and I'm sure there's someone out there who deserves that heart more." 

 

"ing coward."

 

"You can call me that."

 

"Seriously Soo I don't understand. Make me understand please...I'm begging you Kyungsoo do it please...if not I'm gonna drag you myself to the hospital."

 

"Let me think about it more hyung. Its not that easy at all."

 

"What can possibly go wrong with that?!"

 

"Table death." 

 

Baekhyun fell silent. "Then I'm gonna go die with you literally on a table if ever that happens." 

 

"Silly hyung." Kyungsoo went closer to Baekhyun and hugged him making the latter sob more. "Aigoo you never changed, still the cry baby eh?"

 

"Shut up!" Baekhyun playfully punched Kyungsoo and the latter faked hurt it muttering a 'please spare me i'm a dying creature.' They both ended up tickling each other and pass out from happiness. 

 

 

*** 
November 27, 2014: Chanyeol's birthday, 


[Seoul Hospital]

They arrived at the Seoul Hospital dressed up as wizards and whatnots and they all agreed Kyungsoo looks the best in it looking like Harry Potter's twin. 

 

"Okay. So its Yoda's day but we couldn't care less." Baekhyun deadpanned. 

 


"Ouch Baek I'm gravely offended."

 


"Whatever. Lets go inside now shall we?"

 


Everyone nodded even with Chanyeol pouting. They then went inside and the staffs greeted Kyungsoo which the latter greeted back to. Chanyeol find it weird so he cleared his throat which Kyungsoo knows the meaning of. "Oh. I went here before to get check-ups and stuff." He nervously fidgeted and he was very thankful Chanyeol didn't pressed on it. They continued walking and they met Dr. Kim Junmyeon. "Hi Dr. Kim." They all greeted. 

 


"Oh geez just call me Junmyeon or hyung I don't mind really." He cheekily smiled. 'He looks like an angel and rich' Baekhyun muttered to himself. 

 


"Okay grandpa, don't worry you're gonna perform with us." Kyungsoo smirked. 

 


"Okay what the- Do Kyungsoo you! I knew it! Why did I even gave you permission ugh"

 


"Because you love me."

 


"Okay I can't really say no to you so now lets start shall we?"

 


The patients were mostly kids and there are some adults too. They were seated in the sofa looking giggly and smiles which made Chanyeol's heart flutter. He then cleared his throat and greeted everyone while smiling creepily. 

 


'They both have big eyes this is so amazing!' Junmyeon noted referring to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. 

 


They were actually gonna perform song requests from the patients and wow there are many. They asked the patients a week ago and they just got the list now.

 


"Hey Trolldae! Why so quiet?"

 


"As you said I'm a troll so yeah just wait for what I prepared." Jongdae said while looking depressed but Kyungsoo is not buying it. He knows Jongdae is hiding something but he just shrugged it off. 

 


"Oppa! Can you please sing sunday morning please? My oppa used to sing it for me and I miss it hihi" a little girl said to Kyungsoo and Jongdae. 

 


"Hmm sure!" 

 


Sunday morning rain is fallin'
Steal some covers share some skin.....

 


They started singing it with everyone singing along. The next song request came from a little girl again and oh she's so cute! She whispered to Kyungsoo that she likes Dr. Kim actually and want to confess but she's too shy. It was EXO's XOXO. 

 

An X is kiss for a soft kiss
An O is for a circled hug
Maybe you already know


Day by day, I secretly wrote you a letter
And that's what I wrote at the end
Although I've never given it to you...

 

'This is what I feel and do for Chanyeol...' Kyungsoo thought sadly. He always write letters for Chanyeol but never gave it. Not until he's still alive perhaps. 

 


The perfomance went on and everyone is enjoying. Even patients from other department and visitors joined them. Now they're into their last performance consisting of Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Junmyeon and Chanyeol. "We hope everyone had fun today and now we'll perform a song entitled 'Sabor a mi' as our last performance! Please enjoy!" Chanyeol said gaining cheers from the crowd. 

 

 

Tanto tiempo disfrutamos de este amor nuestras almas se acercaron tanto asi que yo guardo tu sabor 
Pero tu llevas tambien
Sabor a mi


Si negaras mi presencia en tu vivir
Bastaria con abrazarte y conversar
Tanta vida yo te di
Que por fuerza tienes ya 
Sabor a mi

....

 


The crowd didn't really understand the lyrics but they felt the emotions and kept on squealing since the performers are all handsome and talented. They were all overwhelmed and cheered louder muttering Thank You's and you were great. Baekhyun mentioned today is Chanyeol's birthday and everyone sang and congratulated him. There was even a cake especially made by Kyungsoo. Chanyeol teared up and thanked everyone. He hugged Kyungsoo and lifted him in the air earning a gasp from the latter. "Hey Yeol put me down! Your boyfriend is right there for heaven's sake!"

 


"Actually Soo we're not dating. I mean Yeol and I are just trying to make you jealous?"

 


"What?!"

 


"Yeah I mean I like someone else."

 


"Okay? So do I know him?"

 


"Yes. Yes you do, very."

 


"Its the troll. I knew it." Kyungsoo said while shaking his head. 

 


"I'm so sorry Soo you know you're the one I like right?" 

 


"Uhm...Lets just go home shall we?" Kyungsoo grinned nervously his heart pounding too fast that it hurts physically. 

 


They all nodded feeling exhaustion kicking in. Kyungsoo told them to go first and he'll just catch up after  going to the restroom. When all of them are out of sight he immediately went to Junmyeon's room. "Hyung..." Kyungsoo muttered before fainting. 


"Kyungsoo-ya!!!" Junmyeon shouted and immediately called for nurses. And amidst it all, Chanyeol was in a corner crying and confused. And when he was about to go to Kyungsoo, Baekhyun stopped him. "Yeol. Lets talk."


******


Sorry for not updating for so long! You see University life is no fun and instead of doing my thesis I'm here writing this for Chanyeol's birthday aha. Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR CHANYEOL! And i don't know I'm in love with their sabor a mi ㅠ ㅠ  

 


Will chansoo happen soon? 

 

Stay tuned! Haha thank you for still reading this crappy story. Have a nice day ahead! Ciao!~ 

 

 

 

---

edited: 1/4/15