Requiem 18

Love or Requiem?

 

Requiem 18:  Decision, a step to moving on.

 

 

White. Kyungsoo dreams of fleeting white rays eating him up. Walking on an endless abyss, its all too bright. Roses, Lilies, Daffodils, Baby's Breath, grasses and butterflies, a majestic garden came on his sight. A lady sitting inside a gazebo caught his attention. Being  it the only thing similar to him as a human, he tries to approach it. An invisible door blocking his way to the garden, he halts and pounds on it forcefully. He hears a chuckle surrounding him and he furrows his eyebrows. "Kyungsoo-yah,"  "Kyungsoo," It all sounds painfully familiar.  He hastily turns around only to find  Soojung standing before him. "Oppa~" The girl whined. Everything is spinning, he feels bile constricting his throat. His pulse rate speeds up. He closes his eyes and tries to focus. His vision blurry, he wills it all to go away, to disappear. Its only an illusion, he thought. And when everything stops, he's back to the hospital. Back to the time he first learns of his illness. Back to the time when he's still barely  ten and he and Baekhyun got into an accident that separated them from each other. "Oppa?" This isn't real. This isn't real. "Kyungsoo oppa! What are you doing here?" Soojung went to him and tugged on his sweater. "Oppa are you sick too?" No. No! This isn't real.  Kyungsoo is now breathing heavily, his heart pounding really hard on his rib cage. "Kyungsoo why  are you here? It's not yet your time. Leave." He turned around to see Soojung already grown up looking worried at him. "Do what you must." His ears are  buzzing and tears are b on his eyes. And before his consciousness fades, he hears her mutter "soon."  


Then everything went back to normal.

 

 

[ Present Time ] 

 

Its been three days since  Kyungsoo and  Chanyeol started dating officially. They gathered everyone and announced that they're a thing now. Its actually not a shock for everyone since they've been together really since they were just babies. Baekhyun said its just for formality purpose which everyone agreed to fervently. Kyungsoo strongly disagrees to it. Not until everyone say their piece  of mind at him.

 

"I saw you cook for Chanyeol and what? its like for everyday? you're playing house already since we're still kids!" Baekhyun chirped.

 

"Oh I remember that time when Chanyeol was in the infirmary asleep maybe during 8th grade, uhm Kyungsoo may have leaned down just to kiss Yeol~" Jongdae added making everyone squeal and Kyungsoo fume looking utterly betrayed. "And its on the lips hahahahaahahahhaa!!!" Kyungsoo was about to strangle Jongdae when someone cut in.

 

 

"Soojung gave me one of Kyungsoo's note book before asking me to return it but I forgot about it until recently and well curiousity kicked in and I peeked inside just to find a poem by little Kyungie!!!" Kai butted in. 

 

"Okay Kai share it! Shoot!" Everyone shouted and cheered.

 

Chanyeol hugged Kyungsoo securely to prevent him from murdering anyone or maybe everyone. He's enjoying this moment and of course he doesn't want to miss the facts he didn't know before about Kyungsoo. He wants to know more about the latter's feelings for him.

 

"Here it goes..." Kai holds a black notebook and opened it carefully before reading the content.

 

 

"Park Chanyeol, my bestfriend

my most precious friend

with big eyes like mine

and an annoying grin that seems to stop my time

 

His hair so curly

Just one glance at him makes me feel giddy 

I wanna castrate him

for my heart seems to beat for him

 

He's stupid 

And I hate how I was shot by a cupid

Why must it be him

But then I ask this to myself every night,

Why can't it be him?

 

-Do Kyungsoo, aged 13" 

 

 

"awwwwwww our Baby Soo is so cuuuuuuuuuutttttttteeeeee!!!!!~"

 

"Shut Up!!!"

 

"I didn't know Kyung here is a romanticist." Kai commented.

 

 

"He is. Noone just seem to realize it." Chanyeol proudly said.

 

 

"You seemed to experience it first hand then no fair!!!" Baekhyun whined.

 

 

"Baekhyun are  you actually jealous?!" Jongdae gasped.

 

 

"Not really but Kyungie here is so adorable," Baekhyun smirked.

 

 

"Chanyeol let me go!!!" Kyungsoo is now beet red which made everyone more. He kept on wiggling his way out from Chanyeol's grasp only to be hugged tighter and kissed on his head. 

 

 

"You're all making me fall for him deeper with all the  things you're saying aigoo Kyungsoo-yah you're making me a pool of goo~ I Love You!" Chanyeol pecked Kyungsoo's cheeks then his lips making the latter perfectly still,eyes wider than usual and breathless. They stayed like that for a while, adoration visible in their eyes.

 

 

"Ugh go get a room please." Kai said as he eyes Chanyeol with Kyungsoo and Jongdae with Baekhyun.

 

 

"Then go date someone  too mister." Kyungsoo said with a roll of eyes. "You said to move on, but whatever you just became  grumpy." he added.

 

 

Kai just huffed. If only that is an easy thing to do.  Kyungsoo if you only knew. "I' think I'll just go home." He then left without waiting for a reply making Kyungsoo furrow his eye brows. 

 

"Do you think Kai is okay?"

 

"I don't know Soo but I hope he is, I mean he's finally hanging out with us again then that must be a good sign right?"

 

Kyungsoo just nodded and pursed his lips as he retrieves his embarrassing secret note book and went upstairs to his room. 

 

"I think that's it for the day. Yeol you should go home now. And baby," he said as he looks at Jongdae "I'll call you later~" 

 

 

"Of course baby," Jongdae leaned in to kiss Baekhyun. Chanyeol just nodded as he forwards to the door followed by Jongdae. The moment everyone left, Baekhyun went to get Kyungsoo's medicines and a cup of  water then proceeded to the latter's room.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

 

"Come in."

 

 

"Its time for your medicines Soo," Baekhyun handed Kyungsoo the medicines which the latter took and forcefully gulped.

 

 

"Figures. So why are you here? Clearly its not just the medicines is it?"

 

 

"Well yes, I actually  have many concerns."

 

 

"Shoot!"

 

 

"Okay so what happened between you and Jongin?"

 

 

"Uh nothing." Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Really I'm telling the truth."

 

 

"I believe you okay. I won't press on further. But you know Soo I sense something with him, although its just a hunch but...nevermind its not my place to say."

 

 

"I think I get the idea but you got it all wrong. He's not... We're not."

 

 

"So I see you already had the talk."

 

 

 

"Yep."

 

 

 

"That's good then."

 

 

"Hyung , I know its not what you're concerned about."

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Its about my transplant isn't it?" Baekhyun gulped.

 

 

"So I was right." Kyungsoo ushered Baekhyun to his bed to sit on. Nobody talks and they just stared at each other. Baekhyun is chewing on his lower lip out of habit when nervous and Kyungsoo just broke into a grin.

 

 

"I'm doing it hyung. For myself and for everyone." Baekhyun gasped and hit his brother playfully on the arm. 

 

 

"I knew it! Finally! Oh my god this is like the best thing I've ever heard besides your poem. Yo that was smooth." Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at his brother. "So when will the operation be? Does everyone know of it already?"

 

 

"I decided  to do it on my birthday. And not yet."

 

 

"Oh my god Soo that's like happening in just a few days, I'm so glad. Don't worry everything will be fine!"

 

 

"I hope so hyung... anyways, you wanna sleep with me tonight?"

 

 

"Damn I do! Oh my god Soo I just can't I-" Baekhyun hugged the living lights out of his brother and they spent the night like that talking about everything under the sun. He even forgot to call his boyfriend that night but for now his brother is more important.  For now they're content and happy.

 

-----

 

A/N:

(( The first paragraph above that is boxed is what Kyungsoo dreams of whenever his heart stops and whenever he's in between life and death situation.))

 

Okay so another update again aha! I hope you enjoy the Chansoo moments? Believe me  I tried really but I'm a loser in that kind of stuff so i don't know. Fluff isn't just my genre and so is angst but I have plans on that. Love or Requiem maybe will just have two-three chapters left and I'm planning to finish this before  Kyungsoo's birthday hopefully but since school is starting again on monday so we'll see.

 

Upvote/Subscribe/Comment is greatly appreciated! But I'm leaning more on the comment since I wanna know your thoughts on this story and I wanna communicate with you all better.

 

Anyhow, Hope you all have/had a nice day! xoxo