Requiem 13

Love or Requiem?

Requiem 13: Constant I'm fine s

 

 

After Kyungsoo's incident, no one really talked about it because one, its now the hell week as the students say. Second, they've got no time for that because of constant studying, constant staying up at the school after school hours, attending private academies after, teachers scolding, stress oh stress and the rest was history. 


As usual, a certain Park Chanyeol was wondering about Kyungsoo...

 

"Hey Park Chanyeol! Where do you think you're looking at huh?! Quit day dreaming will you?"

 

"Technically its night now so its not day dreaming but whatever Ms. Jung- what I mean to say is that I'm sorry?"

 

"Just shut up and do your work!"

 


"Can I go to the bathroom first? I really need to pee."

 

"NO!"

 

"Do you have a bottle with you then?"

 

"GO!"

 

"Geez Ms. Jung you need to get laid!"

 

"Thank you for the concern but just go..." Ms. Jung said sadly. Chanyeol almost felt guilty. But he really needs to pee now so he dashed off to the comfort room and released himself. Just as he was about to wash his hands, he heard someone who seems to have trouble breathing? He checked each stall carefully and nothing. Its kinda dark in the room though because its night already but his instincts tells him that someone needs help so he pushed away all his fears and on the last stall... he saw a very pale and sweating Kyungsoo clutching on his chest with tears b on his eyes.

 

"Kyungsoo-ya!!!! Ya Do Kyungsoo are you okay?! Oh of course not! What even happened?! Aish stupid its his asthma what else? What do I do what to do?!" Chanyeol is now panicking.
"Did you forgot your inhaler again perhaps?" Kyungsoo just nodded and reached on him clutching on his pants for support. He tried to stand up and went to the sink to drink some water with the pill secretly popped in his mouth. He waited for the pain to subside and closed his eyes as he breathed heavily. Vision still fuzzy, he stayed still and the whole time, Chanyeol was just looking at him worriedly.

 

After almost ten agonizing minutes, Kyungsoo opened his eyes and saw Chanyeol staring at him tearfully. "Hey, that look...don't give me that crap it makes me feel sick more." 
 

 

With that look you give me... I feel like dying more so please...stop it.

 

"Okay, I won't. I'm sorry but I have to ask this... Your asthma... Why does it keep on attacking you on unexpected times? And its now happening often. I'll leave you alone if you'll go check it out on the hospital."

 


"I'm fine its just stress."

 


Chanyeol pursed his lips. 

 

"Go back Yeol. We need to study."


"Can't you rest for at least an hour tho? You look really sick."

 

"I guess so. C'mon then?" Kyungsoo smiled tiredly.

 

Chanyeol just held his hand and led the way back to their classroom.

 

"Ms. Jung, Kyungsoo's sick can I take him home?"

 

Ms. Jung was about to tell Chanyeol off but the look on Kyungsoo's face made her changed her mind. 


"Okay. Take care of him will you? Please."


Chanyeol just nodded as he got their bags and left.

 

"Okay class I guess let's just go home for today. We don't want to overwork your brains do we?"


Everyone cheered and bid their goodbyes to the teacher immediately. When they all left, she thought to herself: Kyungsoo... Please don't let my suspicions be right... Soojung leaving me is enough, I can't risk losing someone again.


***

"Chanyeol please just leave me alone!" 


"Why would I when you're sick! Mrs. Do isn't even home yet!"


"Baekhyun can manage! His gonna come home any minute now..."


"Oh right Baekhyunnie started living here I forgot," 

 

"Baekhyunnie sounds like a puppy how dare you call hyung like that!" Kyungsoo spat while choking on his own spit. Baekhyun then walked into the house and looked at Kyungsoo.


"Karmas a aye?"

 

"Shut up hyung!"


"Love you too. But seriously, are you sick Soo? You look like a corpse to be honest."

 

"Its just a fever though." Kyungsoo shrugged.

 

"Hyunnie you should make him rest properly. No more studying at least for tonight."

 

"Does that apply to me too?"

 

"Obviously not."

 

"Why not?! I need to take care of him!!!"

 

"Oh please he's a prince. Therefore royal treatment is a necessity. And you're not the sick one!" Baekhyun glared at him. "O-of course my Hyunnie can do what he wants. I think I need to go now?" Chanyeol said as he rubs the back of his neck.

 

"Good. I'll take care of Soo don't worry. Goodbye Chanyeol." 

 

"Bye." Chanyeol left the house.

 

"So, Kyungsoo mind telling me why you're sick?"

 

"Nope not at all." Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Okay its just that I'm tired..." of everything "that's all."

 

"I don't buy that although you really look like hell right now. It must be something big right?" Kyungsoo did not respond. "Its not something life threatening is it?" Kyungsoo just pursed his lips. "God damn it Kyungsoo we just reunited! Don't give me like this!" Kyungsoo still won't respond. "I'll know it somehow by any means. Do Kyungsoo fine don't talk. Don't talk to your own twin at all!" Baekhyun made a dramatic walk out and Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at the twin's reaction.

 


"If you know, there's nothing really you can do about it so Baekhyunnie just ignore you're pathetic excuse of a brother." Kyungsoo went to his bedroom and just lied there thinking all night long.

 


On the other side of the city, a certain Kim Jongin wonders how can he persuade Kyungsoo to do that heart transplant.

 


***


Morning came by too fast to Kyungsoo's liking. Eye bags darker than usual giving off the "don't go near me or I'll show you hell" vibe radiating around him. Baekhyun ignores him that morning despite going to school together. Not that Kyungsoo cares really. Kyungsoo is just too stressed about everything. Exams are around the corner and he's expected to rank first again but he gives no about that anymore. He's just tired of everything. He even isolates himself from Chanyeol when the latter stopped pestering him. He was happy alright? He can finally breathe right? And since Baekhyun keeps Chanyeol company he's got nothing to worry about. He just watches them sadly from afar and even without the duo telling him that they're dating already, Kyungsoo knows it. He knows it just by watching and it hurts but at least they will be happy. They're happy right? So when I leave, they won't notice it. They don't even notice me while I'm still here...besides I'm just a no one. Yes, a no one. 

 

 

The thought of it gives Kyungsoo pain physically and emotionally. Clutching on his chest, he walks to the comfort room and locked himself on a stall. He hears buzzing sounds, eyesight going dark, forehead sweating profusely, heart beating rapidly, he can't breathe. Everything he thinks about is just too much. The urge to just die is too strong but no, his plans are not yet complete. In a game, you can't leave if you haven't finished playing it. And no, he doesn't intend to leave just yet. 

 

Fighting the urge to scream, he clutches hard on his pants, biting his lips to the point of him tasting the familiar metallic crimson blood and shuts his eyes really hard. Chanting 'I can do this' like a mantra he stands up, legs still wobbly. He walked towards the mirror silently thanking that no one is around. Looking at his own reflection, his lips formed into a twisted smile. Face very pale, eye bags darker than usual, blood flowing from his lips, collarbones showing more than it used to be, its such a sweet sight to him. He takes note that he needs to put a natural make-up or something later to cover up his unnatural paleness. 


"Kyungsoo hyung..." Kai stepped into the comfort room. Kyungsoo is not even surprised to see him. 


"Oh..."

 

"Hyung why is your lips bleeding?"

 

"I got punched by the wall."

 

"Liar. You're a very bad liar."

 

"Everyone buys my anyway." Kyungsoo just shrugged.

 

"Well not me. Anyway, Ms. Jung wants to talk with you later."

 

"Tell her maybe some other time. I don't feel too well."

 

"Will do. I think you should just rest for today?"

 

"No. I already slacked off last night. I can't afford to today."

 

"Okay... But just don't force yourself too much..."

 

"Yeah sure" Kyungsoo walked away.

 

I'll convince you hyung, I promise that. That's the least I can do for you...for her.

 

***

Days turn into weeks and exams are finally here. Kyungsoo finished early and was allowed to leave first. Sighing tiredly, he opened the door to his house and to his surprise his mother was already there. 


"Mother?" Mrs. Do smiled at Kyungsoo. "Is something the matter? Just go tell me."

 

"Well I know you're still thinking about the heart transplant but baby please can't you give me the answer that I want?" She looked knowingly at his son's eyes and all she saw was empty and tired looking eyes and by that, she already knows the answer. She swiftly went to her room and weeped quietly. Kyungsoo heard it and he's guilty but his stubborness won't let him waver. 


"I still don't know what to do... I'm just tired in all honesty but maybe if something were to happen, then I'll do it."


---
A/N:

Sorry for not updating in a long time! Anyway I tried to make the chapters longer OTL yeah. Watcha think about the story tho is it too slow or too fast or too cliche and boring I need your opinions please ;-;

 

 

---

 

edited:1/4/15