Requiem 14

Love or Requiem?

Requiem 15: Suspicions  

 

 

Something doesn't feel right. Kyungsoo surely is hiding something...something very big which is bugging Baekhyun's mind during exams. After finishing the exams, Baekhyun went straightly into Chanyeol questioning him like a criminal. 

 


"Hey Yeol spill everything you know!" 

 


"Huh? Pardon?"

 


"About Kyungsoo I mean. Its not just asthma is it?" 

 


"It is. To my knowldge he just have asthma although it seems to worsen these days...when we were still kids it just occasionally happens but there's this one time when he needed to be hospitalized for like two weeks? For check up purposes they say." Chanyeol just shrugged. 

 


"Do you know which hospital it is?"

 


"Nope. They won't tell me even though I pleaded. Seems like its far away or not I don't really know. I didn't inquired further since it might be a sensitive topic." 

 


Baekhyun pursed his lips while nodding. Thoughts about Kyungsoo hanging bitterly in his mind. "Okay. What if its pneumonia and not asthma? Or cancer maybe or heart problems?Something that's life threatening?" Chanyeol seeing the distress in Baekhyun's face went closer to the latter. "Are you okay though Hyunnie?" Chanyeol caressed Baekhyun's back and the latter leaned in to Chanyeol kissing his collar bones. "Yes. I'm perfectly fine. Its just that Kyungsoo's acting strange."

 


"He sure is. I guess its just the time of the month."

 


"Time of the month?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. 

 


"Yup? You know girls ... Crimson blood war...mood changes yeah" Chanyeol sheepishly smiled earning a hit on the head from Baekhyun.

 


"Really Dumbyeol?"

 


"What? He sure is acting like an old lady who just needs to get laid!" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Or something must be bothering him?"

 

 

"Maybe but he won't tell me damn it! I'm supposed to be his brother but I can't do anything for him!" Baekhyun was so stressed that what happened next took him by surprise. Chanyeol flicked his forehead and ... kissed him on the lips. Their lips molded perfectly and Chanyeol kissed away all the pain and worries Baekhyun had.  

 


"Baekhyun-ah, don't worry about Soo. This happened before to be honest. He's not the type to worry others about his problems despite the assurance that he's not and he'll come around soon I'm sure." Chanyeol flashed his creepy grin, his eye twitching making Baekhyun feel weird. 

 

 

"Maybe...no, I hope so..." Baekhyun smiled genuinely, thankful to Chanyeol being by his side. 


***


Kyungsoo grins as he opens his acceptance letter from SM University. He's gonna be a singer. The thought makes him smile. "Too bad I'm dying."

 

A knock was heard and his mom came in. "Honey?"

 


"Yes mom?"

 


Mrs. Do saw the letter Kyungsoo was holding and recognized the logo. "Oh you're accepted to SM University?!" She said cheerfully. 

 


Kyungsoo just grinned while nodding enthusiastically. 

 


"Congrats honey!!! I'm so proud of my baby!" Mrs. Do peppered him with kisses and tight hugs. 

 


"Thanks mom! But you're choking me!" Kyungsoo laughs whole heartedly.

 


"Sorry its just that this deserves a party!" 

 


"No!!!!"

 


"Eh?"

 


"I mean I wanted this to be a secret first. I'll let others know later." Kyungsoo sheepishly smiled. 

 

"Oh surprises huh? Okay I'm in! Don't worry but still this deserves a party! Don't worry, I won't tell!" Mrs.Do winked at Kyungsoo and left. 

 


"Seriously mom...I'm gonna miss this." 

 


"What're you gonna miss?"

 

"Kai? Why are you here?"

 

"Honey I forgot to tell you you're boyfriend is here to see you! I let him in into your room but please don't do things I beg of you! Use protection if you can't control it okay?!" 

 


"Oh geez please ignore her." Kyungsoo blushed while saying that. 

 


"You have a great mom you know?" Kai chuckled. 

 


"I know." Kyungsoo smiled, vision glued on the floor. 

 


"So you got accepted to SM huh? Me too!"

 

"Yep."

 

"Why do you look sad if you got accepted hyung?"

 

"Its a secret."

 

"I know about your condition hyung." 

 

"I sort of already knew that."

 

"Why not give it a shot? The transplant?"

 


"I don't know. I'm still waiting for something to happen. A sign maybe?" Kyungsoo shrugged. 

 

"Cheesy. But seriously, give it a serious thought. People loves you! You know?"

 

"I doubt and believe in that at the same time."

 


"You're really weird. Anyway, just...don't think too much and act normal like you used to. Your smile is a million times better to see than your frown. You look like hell right now to be honest." 

 


"Wow you're very bold, I like it. Thanks for the concern and yeah don't worry." 

 


"Hyung, I like you really as in LIKE. Please consider that transplant okay? You're a wonderful person and you deserve to live longer." Kai patted Kyungsoo's shoulder and left. 

 


"Stupid." Kyungsoo mumbled while closing his eyes as he drifted off to slumber, exhaustion kicking in. 


***

"Mom! I'm home!!!! Dumbyeol is here too!!!" 

 


"Mom?"

 


"Oh honey? You're home already?"

 

"Yup." Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you crying?" 

 


"Oh its just the onions dear." Mrs.Do said as she wipes her tears and flashed Baekhyun a smile. 

 


"Oh really?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "But you're cutting potatoes and not onions."

 


"I just-" Mrs. Do sighed. "Its nothing. I'm just reminiscing about the past and I'm so so proud of you being my sons and all. Kyungsoo and you dear grew up to be a fine young man even without me. Ahh" 

 


"Seriously mom." Baekhyun chuckled. "So is Kyungsoo like really just have an asthma? He looks like hell these days to be honest."

 


"Oh..." The soup is now boiling so Mrs. Do went to lower the fire. "About that... Yes. But to top it off,  its just stress and exhaustion really. You know being the student council president and rank no. 1 the pressure is bad like really really bad." 

 


"But we support him though, won't it like lessen his worries at least? And he can just talk to us about his problems...he's my brother and all."

 


"Honey, he's just not that type of a person. Just let him be for now, he'll come around soon." Mrs. Do smiled reassuringly to his son.

 


"That's what Chanyeol says too... I guess I'll just believe it then."

 


"Oh dinners ready. Where's my favourite son?!"

 


"Here!!! I'm here!!!" Chanyeol appeared suddenly at the kitchen. 

 


"Seriously mom? He's your favourite?! How about Soo and I?!" Baekhyun faked a pout. 

 


"Its no use hyung, Mom likes Chanyeol too much to our own liking." 

 


"Soo!!!" Baekhyun hugged Kyungsoo much to the latter's delight. 

 


"Woah hyung I thought you're mad at me?" Kyungsoo chuckled. 

 

 

"You know I can't be really mad at you." Baekhyun flicked Kyungsoo's forehead and left to the table. 

 


"Lets eat!!!" 

 

"Yes, finally!!! I'm starving!!!" Chanyeol shouted. 

 

"Pigyeol." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo said together earning a gasp from Chanyeol and a laugh from Mrs. Do. 

 

The atmosphere was great and lively which everyone wishes to continue forever. The night is getting darker and Chanyeol decided to just sleep over. The three of them sharing a room together just like the old times, makes Kyungsoo feel fluffy and feel butterflies to his stomach. He's surely gonna miss this. 

 

"Hey Soo?" 


"Hmmnn?"


"I like you." Chanyeol said.


"I know Yeol." 

 

"And I love you bro! Please cheer up on whatever is bugging you."


They punched Kyungsoo lightly on each of his arms since he's in the middle. "Ouch! Love hurts, damn." Kyungsoo said. And the other two just laughed and eventually drifted off to sleep. 


Kyungsoo sighed. Really can't I just not leave? I really don't want to leave so soon. At least not now. He thought as he drifted off to a dreamless night. 


***

Morning came and Kyungsoo got up and left first for school. Walking and taking the bus is getting harder for him now day by day. His face covered in natural make-up to cover his unnatural paleness. By the time he reached school, he was very exhausted and sleepy. Greeting the students on his way to the student council room has never been so irritating to him. Constant smiles and whatnots make him feel dizzy that when he reached the room, he immediately plopped down on the sofa and closed his eyes. 

 

"Good Morning Soo." Luhan greeted. 

 

"Fancy to see you this early Luhan. Where's Sehun?" 

 

"Oh he's buying me breakfast." Luhan blushed. 

 

"You got that kiddo tied up to you huh? Good job! Sehun really likes you y'know?"

 

"He used to like you though."

 

"Used. Past tense Luhan and he just liked me as his hyung nothing like romantic ."


Luhan chuckled. 

 

"Luhannie! Here's your pancakes!"

 

"I swear to god if you're gonna feed each other that and eventually feed off on each other's faces i'm banning you two on this room." 


The duo knowing Kyungsoo's capabilities too well gulped and left the room.

 

"Finally some peace."

 

"Why so early hyung?"

 

"Ugh. Its you again. I just wanna sleep!!!"

 

"Okay just go sleep sorry." Kai seated himself on a chair. 

 

"Thank you." Kyungsoo immediately fell asleep as he said that. Kai stealing worried looks to Kyungsoo sighed as he brushes the fringes of the latter's hair.  

 

"I wonder what do you see whenever you're asleep. I wish to think what you think about and I wish to know you and love you more. But I can only do that if I convince you."  Noticing the creasing of eyebrows of Kyungsoo, he rubbed soothing circles on his hand and cheeks until its now back to normal. Being close to Kyungsoo gives Kai feeling butterflies to his stomach. Seeing his angelic face this up close, Kai kissed Kyungsoo's lips. 

 

"I think I'm in love with you hyung."

 

Chanyeol saw it all and furrowed his eyebrows. "What's with Kai and Kyungsoo?" He left the scene with a tug on his heart.  "Kyungsoo..."

 

***


"Hey Soo? Kyungsoo-ya? Ya Do Kyungsoo!!! Wake up!"


"Huh?"


"Hey Kyungsoo you're palpitating!"


"Oh?"


"Ya are you okay?!"

 

Kyungsoo tried to get up as best as he can. "What time is it?"


"11:15 am"


" the exam! Why didn't anyone woke me up? Ugh"


"We did but you won't wake up. Right now its break and yeah you already know it. And oh don't worry about the exams you missed...Jessica said you can take it after class."


"Oh really?" Kyungsoo sighed in relief. "Thank You Jongdae." 


"No prob Soo. But y'know you really looked tired even with the make-up."


"You can tell?"


"Of course! Having a make-up artist mom is really bothersome tsk tsk." 


"Oh right. Have you eaten yet though?"


"Yeah of course. You should eat though..."


"Sorry no appetite as well today." Kyungsoo smiled sadly. "Eating bland foods takes a toll on my appetite."  


"I know sighs, c'mon lets go back to class?"


"Sure."


***
 

"Class dismissed" Ms. Jung announced. 

 

"Kyungsoo?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded. "Sorry for making you stay late Jessica." 

 


"Hey its nothing compared to what you do for me!" Jessica laughed. 

 


"Touché." 

 


"So bad. Anyway here's your paper. Start answering now! I'm not really free y'know?" 

 

"Sure sure." Kyungsoo chuckled and finished answering within ten minutes. 

 


"Here." Kyungsoo turned his paper. 

 


"Good Job Soo!" Jessica smiled and stared at Kyungsoo. 

 


"Why are you looking at me like that?" Kyungsoo wiggled his eyebrows. 

 


Jessica sighed. "Do you know how wonderful you are Kyungsoo-ya? My baby can i hug you?" 

 


"I guess so?"

 


Jessica hugged Kyungsoo. "Hey Soo? You won't leave me like Soojung did right? You're not like her right? Hmmn?"

 


"..."

 


"Kyungsoo please... You're all I have. You saw me when she passed. I can't- I can't afford to lose more significant people in my life." Jessica was now a sobbing mess. 

 


"But she's now free from pain and death is inevitable no?"

 


"Its too early for you guys."

 


"Hmnn don't worry Jessica, you know that I'm strong right?"

 


Jessica nodded. Kyungsoo wiped away her tears and kissed her forehead. "Maybe... Its now time to go home. C'mon! I'll treat you ice cream!" 

 


"Hey I'm the one with a job here but I won't pass on that offer! Wait for me at the gates, I just need to finish up stuffs." 

 


"Sure."

 

***

 

Kyungsoo and Jessica went to their usual shop and ordered their usual flavour. After ordering, they seated on the seat near the window. Enjoying the view while the ice cream melts on their tongue, they were content. Kyungsoo seeing a familiar duo, choked on his ice cream and started coughing so badly that it hurts so much. "Hey Kyungsoo! Are you even allowed to eat this?!"  Jessica said as she made Kyungsoo drink water. "I'm not sure but whatever I like it anyway."    

 


Jessica just nodded and they talked for another hour about nonsense things. After that, they parted ways and Kyungsoo can't forget what he saw earlier. It was Baekhyun and Chanyeol together looking happy and . "This is how things should be...right?" Looking utterly defeated, he went home half-heartedly. 


---

A/N: hey guys! Sorry for not updating for soooo long! I got mental blocked and depressed about my life lol anyways here's the update. Sorry if its bad but yeah its all my fingers was able to type OTL 


Comment ahead on what OTP you hope to end up in the ending perhaps?


Hicks lol bye

 

 

---

edited: 1/4/15