Requiem 16

Love or Requiem?
 

Requiem 17: Revelations 

 

 

 

"Hyung..." Kyungsoo muttered before fainting.

 

 

"Kyungsoo-yah!!!" Junmyeon shouted and immediately called for nurses. Amidst it all, Chanyeol was in a corner crying and confused. And when he was about to go to Kyungsoo, Baekhyun stopped him. "Yeol, Lets talk."

 

***


Junmyeon felt Kyungsoo's breath getting weaker. He checked his pulse too to confirm his hunch. He immediately placed the necessary wires that has sensory pads on kyungsoo's chest after he was placed in a bed.

 

"Check his vitals"

 


"His vitals are dropping Dr. Kim!"

 


"Check the blood pressure!"

 


"Its dropping too"

 


"Okay prepare the defibrillator!!!"

 

The nurse nodded and went to get the defibrillator. She handed it to Junmyeon and went to put a gel like substance on it.

 

Junmyeon nodded. "Charge!"

 

'Kyungsoo come on!'

 

"Vitals still dropping sir"

 

"Charge!"

 

The heart rate is still a flat but Junmyeon isn't going to give up anytime soon. This isn't the first time this happened but this time its very critical. 

 

After several times of using defibrillator, he attempted CPR as alternative. Few pumps given with all his strength and string of curses left Junmyeon's mouth. He's now sweating really hard. 

 


"Sir his vitals are now stabilizing."

 


Junmyeon sighed in relief and sat on the floor. "Thank God. Kyungsoo really you-"

 

The nurse patted Junmyeon on his back. "You did well Dr. Kim."

"Thank you for helping. For now let's place him in a room and check him up from time to time." The nurse nodded and did as she was told.

 

***


"Yeol, let's talk." Baekhyun dragged him on a secluded place outside the hospital. 

 

"Baekhyun! Kyungsoo he- he's sick! We need to see him oh my god why'd you drag me here!!!" Chanyeol is panicking.

 


"Yeol. Calm down. Kyungsoo's going to be fine."

 

Chanyeol looked at him. "Do you know something about him that I'm not aware of?"

 


"Yes. Yes I do Yeol. Now do you?"

 


Chanyeol sighed and tried to calm down. "P-please tell me every...thing."

 


Baekhyun felt like crying but he has to be strong for now. He promised Kyungsoo but clearly Chanyeol needs to know so he swallowed really hard before saying "Kyungsoo...He's dying." Chanyeol looked at him wide eyed as if he was crazy but nonetheless Baekhyun carried on feeling knots forming in his stomach. "He has Cardiomyopathy. Something wrong with the structure of his heart or something. Probably inherited since Soojung got it too and died."

 


"H-how long has he got?"

 

 

"He'll probably last 'till his birthday."

 


"This is all a joke. I'm not gonna buy. So since when did you know? Why am I always left in the dark? You know I love him right?"

 


"Chanyeol. I only learned about it just recently too. He can be saved! But he refuses it for now that is."

 

 

"What do you mean for now?"

 


"We're gonna do all means to make him accept the transplant. If not, then at least make him feel special and loved at least then maybe... Just maybe he'll feel guilty for thinking about leaving us and just do it."

 


"I understand."

 

 

"You know what to do right?"

 

 

Chanyeol offered a weak smile. "Of course Hyun. Now let's go see him maybe?"

 


Baekhyun just nodded not trusting his voice.

 


***


"Once he wakes up you may lower the dosage Nurse Kim."

 


"Yes Dr. Kim. But please just call me Taeyeon geez."

 


"No can do Nurse Kim." Junmyeon playfully smiled.

 


The nurse bowed mockingly and left the room while muttering 'yeah yeah.'

 

 


Just as Junmyeon was about to exit Kyungsoo's room, Chanyeol and Baekhyun entered. 

 

 

"Wow he's sleeping a lot like really A LOT." Chanyeol said while poking Kyungsoo's cheeks. Baekhyun was about to mutter not to disturb Kyungsoo when they felt a movement on bed.

 

 

"Hhhnnnggg..." 

 


"Kyungsoo?"

 

 

"Yeah." Kyungsoo groaned voice raspy and throat hurting from the lack of liquid. His eyes fluttering open but the light was too blinding so he decided to take his time opening it.

 

 


"Here's water." Junmyeon handed him a cup of water. 

 

 

"Thank you"

 


"Looks like I need to do this myself" Junmyeon sighed as he lowers the dosage on Kyungsoo's dextrose.

 


"Is it code black? And how long have I been out this time?"

 

((A/N: Code black is Kyungsoo and junmyeon's way of telling death or almost death.))

 


"Its always a code black for you little one. Good thing you're only passed out for three days." Junmyeon said as a matter of fact.

 


Kyungsoo nodded. "I'm very sorry and thankful to you hyung."

 

 

"You better be. I mean if you really feel that uhm you know what I want for you. If you don't want me to do it, I can ask another doctor about it? just please."

 

 


"Its not that I don't trust your skills hyung you of all the people should know that. You always bring me back to life." 

 

 

"Then make me feel it." Junmyeon challenged him.

 

 


"Hyung!!!!" Kyungsoo whined. 

 

 


"No. In your condition I'm afraid you can't leave the hospital. We need to stabilize you."

 

 


"Uh we're still here!" Chanyeol shouted amazed.

 

 

"Oh shut up Dumbyeol we're getting in the ."

 


"Oh is that so? Sorry" 

 


Junmyeon and Kyungsoo both sighed. 

 


"So I assume Chanyeol knows about it all now?" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun exasperated. 

 


"Soo you know me I wouldn't dare!!!"

 

 

"Its because I know you that's why I know he knows it already."

 


"Well..."

 


"What are you all talking about?" Chanyeol acted confused.

 


"Stop acting Yeol. I'm a better actor than you are." 

 


"Err seriously I'm so lost?"

 


"Whatever." Kyungsoo said. 

 

 

"I know you're tired Soo so I have to sedate you again."

 

 

"Yeah sure." He said as he muffled a yawn, drifting off to dreamland again. 

 

 

"So..." Baekhyun started.

 


"It would be advisable for you to leave Kyungsoo alone for now. He needs rest and don't worry you may visit him again tomorrow."

 

 

"We know that. And uhm Dr. Kim? We would like to know more about Kyungsoo's condition if you'd allow it? We both know now of his sickness."

 

 

"Let's come to my office then?" The duo nodded and went to follow Junmyeon. 

 


"As you all know, Kyungsoo has Cardiomyopathy. A heart disease that makes it hard for him to be physically active and breathe in layman's term because of his heart's structure. In his current condition, it seems to worsen and he really needs the transplant as soon as possible. Of all the times he was sent here and hospitalized I had to revive him four times already. The fourth one happened three days ago." 

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol gasped at the revelation making the latter tear up. He can't believe they almost lost Kyungsoo many times already and they may lose him any time now. The reality is still sinking in to him and all he can think about is "when did Kyungsoo learn of his condition?"

 


"I believe its been roughly 8 years already."

 

 

"That long huh. He didn't even plan on telling. Mom too wow"

 

 


"So did he uh the transplant has he agreed to it before or he wanted to do it before?"

 

 

Junmyeon looked at them utterly defeated. "He used to but eventually stopped. The reason? If you know Jung Soojung she's the reason. She's my other patient whom I failed to save."

 


"Wait Soojung our cousin? What happened actually?" Baekhyun inquired.

 


"You see Soojung already has a donor that time but she refuses to take it since she learned of Kyungsoo's condition being the same as hers. They were close as you may already know. And she decided to offer it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo really doesn't know anything about it fully yet that time so he accepted it. Soojung was really happy about it even though she's dying at least, she managed to save Kyungsoo that's what she thought. The day Kyungsoo was supposed to be operated at, Soojung died and the donor backed out. That was also the first time we almost lost Kyungsoo."

 

 

"Such tragedy..."

 


"I think Kyungsoo is still blaming himself for Soojung's death. He feels responsible for it..."

 


They all heard a loud shuffling in the bathroom turning their attention fully on it.

 

 

"Kai?" Junmyeon said.

 


"Y-yeah wait a minute." Kai wiped his tears and washed his face with the cold water. Listening to their conversation brought back a lot of unwanted memories especially at the mention of Soojung's name.

 

 

"" Junmyeon muttered earning confused looks from the duo.

 

 


Kai got out of the bathroom. "I- uh I-... Sorry" he dashed out of the room making the duo lost and more confused than ever.

 

 

"Kai and Soojung used to be lovers." Was all Junmyeon can offer before proceeding to do his work. "I have to check on my patients now so goodbye." The duo bid their goodbyes too and bowed at the doctor.

 


"Yeol, I think maybe just maybe Kai is the one who can convince Soo."

 

 

Chanyeol nodded. "I think so too but...that'll be harsh on him."

 


Baekhyun just sighed and still trying to digest everything he just learned about his brother.

 

 

"So many years being apart, I'm such a failure as a brother."

 


Chanyeol patted his back. "Its not your fault Hyun. You had to leave, for your treatment."

 


----------------


A/N: heya! Thanks for reading and well I hope this update made you understand the story better perhaps? Once again I'm really sorry for updating like once a month only haha to be honest with you I had to rack my brain for three days now just to write this chapter and I really hope I don't disappoint you guys. I understand if you forgot what the story is all about now since its all my fault and I'm really deeply sorry. *bows 90 degrees* I don't know the right medical terms too so I had dear google to help me but I'm still clueless so forgive me please. 


You know I'm crying blood and tears here instead of money for exology because not only is it just an album SM apparently released a photobook too dayum. 

 

Anyways about the exology omg I really like love love love acoustic version and baekhyun's "all I want is you and me here" line there I just want to explode and Kyungsoo's Tell me what is love gives me life sighs. And when Lay said "two thousand fourteen" on his I'm Lay I died. Suho's Beautiful is really beautiful truly. And guess what I can't stop laughing at Haka when I learned Minseok and Baekhyun wrote the lyrics for it. And while listening to Kai's Deep Breath I feel like I've sinned. Okay sorry 'bout that. But yeah DECEMBER 2014 winter's tale is my jam I'm still not over it and its been on repeat for days now on my playlist but to be honest MID is more meaningful of a song for me.

 


Lastly so many chansoo happenings lately omg I'm combusting so cute the TLP for Dec. 23rd Kyungsoo carried Chanyeol TTTTATTTT

 


I really need to end my author's note now haha.
Thank you to the new subscribers! <3 and well Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

 

----

 

edited: 1/4/15