Entry 06

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies
 
Date:  April 18, 2014
Entry  #06
Location School Library
 
Dear Diary, 
Suits texted me last night. Apparently, his assistant is picking me up after school today to go to some photo shoot. He said that I
could change in the car. I wanted to text him & be like, “What is this? Some Princess Diaries ?? Hahaha” But, I refrained and sent
the most simplest message in the world. 
 
“Ok.” 
 
It conveys a simple, but powerful message doesn’t it? 
 
Anyways, right now I am in the library trying to finish up some homework that I already have from my previous classes since I won’t
have time after school with work and this photo shoot I am supposed to go to. Plus, I’m pretty nervous right now considering how
this is my first time as “Krystal.” Should I make up a sort of character for myself? Like Beyoncé & her Sasha Fierce thing? Or maybe,
maybe I should act like myself? 
 
You know what? In the movies, the poser always ends up acting like himself or herself somewhere in the lies right? So, just like how I
admit that I have somewhat an attraction to my “fake” boyfriend, I should just act like if there is no difference between “Soo Jung” &
“Krystal.” Yes that shall be the plan! 
 
 

**ZZZZT ZZZZT ZZZT**

 

I looked down at my phone and read the text on the screen.

 

Early photo shoot call. Come downstairs now.

--Sehun

 

“Well, hello to you too….” I said to my screen as I put my diary and untouched workbooks into my backpack. I zipped everything up and then put the straps over my shoulder. Just as I was walking down the stairs, I spotted Kai heading up the stairs. We slowed down in the middle, staring at each other rather awkwardly before Kai spoke.

 

“Oh! I was just looking for you Soo Jung-ah.” Kai pointed a thumb behind him. “Apparently, that man from before is asking for you. He needs you to leave early with him…again.”

 

“Yeah, I got a message about that.” I showed him my phone. “Thanks for fetching me.” Just as I was about to follow him down the stairs, he stopped and I almost fell on top of him. He turned around so suddenly I almost fell backwards.

 

“You know…you’ve been acting a bit…off lately?” Which sounded more like a question then an intervention kind of thing.

 

“Well, I mean I am working again and with school and the stress of college…I don’t know who wouldn’t be off around this time of the school year” I joked. Kai shook his head laughing along with me then leading the way down the stairs again. Okay, so I told a half a lie… Half because I was stressed with those things, and then having to hang out with Suits… That was the other half of the lie that would make it a “LIE”, you know what I’m saying?

 

Kai lead me to the glass doors of the school, and sure enough Suits car was parked in front of the assistant’s car that would follow us around. We stopped outside the school, standing there awkwardly as if we had just finished some sort of a date or something.

 

“So, I’m guessing that’s your ride?” He pointed at Suit’s BMW. I nodded.

 

“Yeah, uhm, it is… thanks for dropping me off?” I awkwardly said, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. Why was I acting like such a-a girl? Not that I wasn’t a girl, trust me I had enough proof for that, but like…I was usually confident around guys. Why was it that out of all boys, Kai was the one who I was acting like this in front of??

 

“Anyways, call me if you need me to pick up the twins from daycare or anything. I can take them home to your place and—“

 

“Krystal-ahhhh.” The unfamiliar name froze the scene that was playing out in front of me. Kai and I both looked at the voice calling out the foreign name and it was Suits leaning against the hood of his car. He had on (of course) an all black suit with a pinch of a red tie, plus he had styled his hair up, wearing shades to make him have some kind of a “suave” guy effect. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t affected by his presence, because I was.

 

“Krystal?” My “name” rolled off Kai’s tongue. He pointed to me. “Soo Jung?”

 

I looked between both of the guys, my head suddenly starting to spin. Focus Soo-KRYSTAL. Focus. You need to keep this straight, okay? Keep it cool. Suave. Like Suits.

 

“That’s my name that they called me back in America!” I lied quickly. “Kai…” I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards Sehun who was still leaning against his car. “This is Oh Sehun—“

 

“Her boyfriend” Sehun suddenly finished. I looked at him with wide eyes. I didn’t want him to spill it out so naturally, damn it! I needed to build momentum, plan this out accordingly in my head to tell him LATER on. Not now!! I let go of Kai’s hand and looked at his face. He looked…dumbfounded.

 

“Kai…” I waved my hand in front of his face. “Yah…Kim Jongin…” That caught his attention. He took note of the people in front of him, and then suddenly gave a rigid bow to Sehun who ree back. I bit my lip waiting to see what awkward conversation this was going to be; plus, I needed to take note on Suits lead.

 

“Boyfriend?” Kai questioned giving a chuckle. A chuckle… “I don’t recall Soo Jung saying she has one…”

 

Sehun placed his hands in his pockets, crossing his ankles and managing to look model-esque.  “Well, I told her to keep our relationship a secret till I came back to Korea for her.” Suits angled his head towards me, letting his sunglasses fall to the bridge of his nose to make it obvious he was looking at me. “Isn’t that right?…Krystallll.”

 

I nodded my head quickly without hesitation. “Yeah. That’s right…” I turned to Kai holding his hand in mine. “Mianhe Kai… For keeping such a secret from you and all—“

 

Kai held his hand up giving a weak smile. “Aniyo. It’s fine…Soo Jung-ah…” He leaned in to whisper into my ear. “You can explain everything to me soon, right?” He placed a kiss on my temple then walked away from the scene without saying another word. I placed a finger on where he kissed me as I was pushed into the passenger’s seat of the car. Before I could look back to see where Kai was now, Sehun had stepped on the gas taking the circle drive out of the gates of the school. Kai kissed me again… and so, naturally… I just…

 

“Is he your boyfriend?” Suits asked after a bit of silence passed between us. I shook my head quickly remembering where I was and why I was back here. I looked at the bag in the seat and saw the clothing choices made for me: a red bodycon dress with black gem embellishments that matched his suit along the clevage. Aw, how adorable....the matching part. Not the revealing part....

 

“Nope… just a friend…” I looked around the car to see what I could do to cover myself up while Sehun was driving. I saw no sunshade or towel to use so I did the next best thing: I climbed to the trunk of the car.

 

“He doesn’t look like he sees you just as a friend though” Sehun stated as I laid myself flat, beginning to take off my school uniform. He didn’t even freak out seeing me doing such a stunt.

 

“Yeah, he likes me but I don’t like him, that sort of a deal” I confessed out loud as I wiggled the dress up my legs, lifting myself up so I can get in it better. 

 

“Ahhhh… one sided love, huh?” Suits realized as I flipped myself over like Spam in a pan so it was an easier access to the zipper.

 

“Yeah, well I mean I love him as a friend. He helps me out with a lot of things so, how could I not love him?” I finally sat up letting out a breath. “What are we playing? 20 questions or something?” I made eye contact with him in his rear view mirror and I swore I saw a grin break from his cool face.

 

“Just trying to get a feel for what kind of ‘girlfriend’ I have I guess.” The car came to a stoplight and I took this chance to climb over the passenger seats, sitting down in the middle. “It’ll be easier for me to make up lies for the both of us, if I knew what kind of a person you are.”

 

“Shouldn’t it be the same for me to you?” I took the black Prada heels from the bag admiring them in my hands before placing them on my feet. “I mean, I need to be able to make up good lies on the spot too, right?”

 

“Touché.” The light turned green and Suits moved his foot from the break to the gas pedal. “But, leave me to do all the lie making all right? I just need you to stand in front of the camera and look pretty and I’ll tell you everything that I said behind—“

 

“Wait. Time out.” I put my hands into a “T” sign as I leaned forward to the front, setting my elbows on the median in between the driver’s seat and the passengers. “What do you mean, I need to stand in front of the camera and look pretty??” Was he saying what I think he was saying? Was I—“

 

“Well, my model girlfriend…” He turned to me smiling. “I have just landed you a gig as the face of Oh! Bags & Accessories new season collection.”

 

 
Date:  April 18, 2014
Entry  #06
Location Fitting Room on Set
 
I can’t believe my life right now, in general.
 
Like, you won’t believe where I am right now… 
 
I am on set in some abandoned building out in the middle of nowhere (wow, that sounds like  horror scene or something) ON SET of
MY photoshoot. 
 
Yeah, you read that right… MY PHOTOSHOOT. 
 
So apparently, according to Sehun, this kind of gig plus what happened in the boardroom plus some dates we are supposed to take
together is supposed to stir up news. I asked him how he booked me as the main model when I had no resume or portfolio or
anything to prove I was, but of course he is the CEO of OFI. He could do whatever the he wanted. He can set a camel as the
model of this shoot, and everyone in this room would comply.
 
But, okay, you know what’s freaking me out other then this photo shoot going on? It’s not even the fact that I have one for myself.
No no no. It’s not even the fact that Suits mentioned that he was going to go on a few dates with me. No no no that wasn’t phasing
me at all because that meant good food! No, you know what was freaking me out??? 
 
That the backpack I had designed was made x10 better with the finest, quality materials. That I was holding it in my hands like it
was freaking heaven. That in the catalogue shoot, you know what it would be called? “SJS.” & that was my credit! My freaking initial
of my name was the “credit” for this backpack. 
 
I am screaming with joy right now. 
 
I can’t believe that my wildest dreams were coming true right now, in front of my face, and in my hands. And it was all because of
some easy lying and hot guy wanting me to be HIS fake gilrlfriend. **sigh** God, I was enjoying this fakeness more than I should
be… Not only that, but I found it WAY too easy to react to Sehun’s lies that he has been spreading about me to the staff. They
weren’t bad mouthing lies, but more of trying to make a name of myself. (list of lies I had learned about “Krystal” will come soon.) 
 
The one thing that was bothering me though was Kai—

**KNOCK KNOCK**

 

“Krystal-ssi?” Victoria, apparently my new ‘manager’, stood at the doorway holding a clipboard in her hand, a Bluetooth in her ear, and a business suit that gave off the ‘don’t mess with me’ vibe. I don’t know how Sehun agreed to get her to be my manager, but it happened… I came on set, she announced herself, and boom! Instant worker. Whether she knew the situation going on between Sehun and I was still unknown…

 

“Neh, manager-nim?” I closed my diary putting the pen where I was writing.

 

“Mr. Oh would like to talk to you and the director of the shoot.”

 

“Oh, okay.” I stood up and left the fitting room following my manager to where Sehun and the director were sitting. They were still on the set sitting in front of the two computer screens that displayed pictures of the shoot. As I started walking up to them, my eyes were caught on the screen of the lady posing with the various handbags and accessories…Was that really me? Did I really look…that good???

 

“Krystal! Darling!” The director saw me walking towards them and immediately stood up giving me kisses on both cheeks. I cringed a bit, not used to such a welcome, but I guess it was a European thing considering how his actions were… feminine. Which makes sense, since apparently he was flown in from Paris… “You were absolutely wonderful! Perfecto! Perfection! MWAH!” Another kiss on my forehead, but it was definitely a different feel then when Kai did it; which felt like how my Halmeoni used to kiss me.

 

“I told you she was a pro” Sehun lied as he stood up putting a heavy arm around my shoulder. Pro? Was he just saying that just because or was he being serious? “She’s done a few before, but background unnoticeable stuff.” Okay, so he was definitely lying right now. I registered that lie in the back of my mind to write in my diary later on.

 

“It shows! It really really really shows!” She clicked through all the photos of me. “Honestly, I’ve never seen such poise and grace and energy and ah! Darling!” He jumped up and down clapping his hands. “You are a NATURAL.” He was about to give me more cheek kisses, when an unfamiliar pair of lips made contact with my cheek… Did Sehun just kiss my cheek?!

 

“Thought it was my turn to give the praise” Sehun gave me another kiss on the forehead and then smiled down at me. “Good job, love. I knew you could do it.”

 

“Thanks for all the support…babe” I smiled as I gave him a side hug and placing my head in between his shoulders. Kiss. Love. Babe. Oh my god my head was spinning with happiness… Who knew that this was all so exciting to lie like this? Maybe it was easier for me to follow along cause I wouldn’t mind having a relationship like this with him. Huh, what if I was with him for “real” real? Would he still treat me like this or maybe like the devil everyone says he is?

 

“You two are just the most adorable thing in this whole entire universe! Ah! I can’t even really!” He squealed clapping his hands even more. “Where did you two even meet?”

 

I looked at Sehun to answer the question, remembering how he was supposed to be the one to make up all the lies. “Oh, we met abroad when I went to school in England”, Sehun lied. A lie to add into my diary later on…

 

“Oh?? So she can speak English as well??” The director asked. Sehun was about to say something, but I cut in speaking in English.

 

“Yes sir. It’s basically my native tongue next to speaking Korean.” The director looked impressed and Sehun looked at me with no words. His face was blank, but I couldn’t tell if it was a good thing or bad thing. Besides, that wasn’t a lie at all! English was a native language of mine living in California majority of my life. I was fluent enough in Korean, but ask me questions about proverbs and history and stuff… Errrr…No.

 

“Oh! But, you don’t have the British accent?” The Director suddenly pointed out. Uh-oh…

 

“Well she—“ Sehun began to say. Once again I cut in before him.

 

“Was born and raised in California in the United States” I butted in. “I went to England for school and bumped into him on campus.” Sehun’s arm around my shoulder tightened a bit. That was probably a sign that maybe me butting in was a sign of him actually starting to get pissed off. Besides, why was he angry? He should be happy that I remembered that!

 

“How romantic…” The director sighed wiping a fake tear from his eye. “So how long has this relationship been going on for?”

 

“2 years”—“5 years” Sehun and I simultaneously said. The tightening on my shoulder started again, as my own grip around Sehun’s waist tightened.

 

“5 years!”—“2 years!” We switched answer’s at the same time. The director’s smiled was beginning to loose it’s wattage as he looked confused. Sehun and I gave a look to each other and I gave Sehun a bit of tickle on his side making him fold forward letting out a small laugh. I took this time to use my answer.

 

“5 years: 2 years of friendship and 3 years of relationship.” Another lie to add in my diary. Sehun straightened himself up again and he took his arm away from my shoulder. Yes, I had won this round…

 

“That is wonderful that you two have been together with each other for that long” The director playfully started to nudge Sehun with his elbow. “Do I hear wedding bells ringing anytime soon??”

 

“Noooo”—“Maybe” I had said the same time, again, as Sehun. This time Sehun took my hand in his hand squeezed it hard enough to feel the blood rushing out of my hand, leaving me to try and wriggle my way out of his grip as he answered for the both of us.

 

“She’s embarrassed to spill anything about it… keeping herself humble and down-to-earth and all…” Sehun finally let go of my hand, but suddenly covered both of my ears as if I shouldn’t hear anything. But, judging by the way he was “covering my ears”, it was as if I was meant to hear what Sehun was going to say next. “Krystal doesn’t exactly know that it’s coming for her if you catch my drift.” He ended his sentence with a wink.

 

“OH MY…” The director covered his mouth as Sehun uncovered my ears. The man in front of us looked between Sehun and I. “LOVE. OH SWEET LOVE I COULD JUST— AWHHHH!” He pulled us into his arms squeezing the both of us at the same time. I looked at Sehun mouthing a “WTF?!” as he just gave a smirk. Once the director let go, Sehun turned to me then placed his hands on my face.

 

“Why don’t you go back into the fitting room and change so we can grab a late lunch?” He then naturally leaned in and placed a peck on my lips then pulled away. “All right, love?”

 

I nodded. Just nodded. I didn’t even say anything or react to the director’s sudden burst of laughter and joy as I started walking back to the fitting room. As soon as I got inside, I shut the door with my back against the wood, touching a finger to my lips. I reached for my diary still on the table and opened it to the last page I was writing in.

 

 
Date:  April 18, 2014
Entry  #06
Location Fitting Room on Set
 
I was kissed by Oh Sehun. 
 
Kissed (or peck, but it was still lip to lip contact). 
 
Still...
 
Diary...
 
Wow.
 
Even though it was just barely a second, and for a “good” cause… I can’t help but take it more seriously then I should. I mean, the
last time I kissed somebody was back in middle school before leaving for Korea. The boy just randomly came up to me, said he was
going to miss me, then smack dabbed kissed me in the middle of the crowded hallway. Now, this kiss…It was random as well. In the
middle of a busy set. An audience just as big as the one in middle school… I shouldn’t be freaking out about this… this kiss… It’s all
for the act really. Honestly. 
 
Even so, I said I would play it normal and cool with this right? I shouldn’t even be worrying about this thing cause oh god I got
kissed by the ing CEO of OFI… Damn it, that must be worth something in life, huh? Plus, oh holy smokes his lips are like
freaking clouds on cloud 9. It was the smallest kiss in the world, but it was making my heart race as if it was or something. 
 
Whoa there Soo Jung/Krystal…Watch yourself now. 
 
Anyways, fine. Like I said, I’m not denying that I didn’t like it. There. That’s the start of an everyday cool attitude. I like Oh Sehun for
his looks and now his kisses. See? Woot. I said it…Now what’s so abnormal about that, eh??