Entry 18

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies
 
Date:  May 3, 2014
Entry  #18
Location Sehun's House
 
Dear Diary, 
PABO. 
 
DUMB .
 
STUPID. 
 
UGH, I DON’T KNOW ENOUGH WAYS TO DESCRIBE WHAT JUST HAPPENED/ WHAT IS HAPPENNING RIGHT NOW.
 
**Breathe** I really just need to breathe. Like a pregnant lady trying to calm herself while pushing...Okay, sorry…totally unnecessary, but kind of is the idea I am trying to get across. 
 
So let me tell you what happened: 
Since most of the head of departments are out with Sehun on the business trip, I had one free Saturday morning to myself. Meaning,
I thought I could go straight out to the library to continue hitting the books for my upcoming exams…Instead, Unnie had to go in for
some overtime at SM, and she left ME to babysit the twins. I mean, I could’ve called Kai, but he hasn’t been in school this whole
week and when I did try contacting him he wouldn’t answer my texts or calls… 
 
Anyways, so, yes, I was walking when suddenly a black slim car pulls in next to us on the sidewalk. I knew I should have continued
to walk out of “stranger danger” fear, but the window was rolled down and guess who it was?? 
 
Mrs. Oh. 
 
At first I was REALLY confused on what was going on, but I just remember her saying something about having lunch together…
bringing the twins along…something something something…WEDDING PLANS. And basically, that’s where the sirens started going
off. She took me to a low key-fancy restaurant. From there she started asking me simple questions like: How’s your day? And—oh
wait, that was the ONLY simple question she asked. The rest of it turned complicated as in “Wedding-plans-complicated-I-need-
Sehun” kind of deal. 

**RING RING RING RING**

 

I looked down at my cell phone beside my diary: Sehun. I answered it immediately.

 

“Sehun-ah!!” I said over the phone in my most distressed voice. “I am going to die.”

 

“UNNIE YOU’RE GOING TO DIE?!” Haru exclaimed from the living room. I started to hear her crying.

 

“Noona is dying!?” Hansol stood up from the couch and started spinning in circles. “We need to call that number to save her life!”

 

“Haru! Hansol!” I exclaimed.  The twins looked at me. “I am NOT going to die. I’m just kidding.” The twins created an “O” with their mouth as if they got what I was saying. Shrugging, they sat back down on the couch, fooling around with Sehun’s smart TV.

 

“Did you bring the twins into MY house??” Sehun asked. Oops…

 

“Well, yeah, but I was put on babysitting duty today since I didn’t have work this morning and Kai—“

 

“Get out….Now.” My face pulled away from the phone looking at it. Okay. Wow. Rude much?

 

“Excuse me?” I asked rolling my eyes. “Yah, you gave ME the passcode so—“

 

“No, I don’t mean that in a rude way…it’s just that—You had lunch with my mother didn’t you?”

 

I nodded. “Yes…”

 

“Well, she knows that you are technically living in my house now.”

 

“Okay, and??”

 

Sehun sighed. I could picture him running his hands through his hair and shaking his head. “You know she’s going to come over unannounced and check if this is true.”

 

“So? Good. Let her come here…I mean I am here—“ I looked over at the twins on the couch. Okay, not alone, but I could say that those are my sister’s kids so—

 

“And so are the twins right? What if she thinks those are yours?”

 

“But I could just say that they are—“

 

“You’re sister’s kids? So what? You’re going to bring your sister into this now? No. You can’t do that.” I bit my lip. Sehun had a point there. Soo Yeon already had enough on her plate…I couldn’t ask her to play along with me, and to get the kids involved I couldn’t—

 

**DING DONG**

 

“Someone is here!” Haru stood up and ran to the nearest monitor. I looked to my left looking at my own monitor. I gasped.

 

“Uhhhh a little bit too late for that…” I quickly stood up closing and stacking workbook and textbooks on top of each other. “You’re mom…She’s here.” I grabbed as much as I could in my hand and put it inside my backpack.

 

“Are you serious?! And the twins?! They’re still there?!”

 

“An ahjumma is at the door Noona!!” Hansol stood on his tiptoes next to Haru.

 

“I’ll get it!” I shouted out to the twins. I put the phone back to my ear. “Look, I have to go. I can’t keep your mom waiting all right?” I looked around the room and found a cabinet to stuff my backpack in.

 

“So, what are you going to do about the kids?” Sehun asked a bit panic.

 

“I’ll figure it out—“ I looked at the screen again and sighed. I took my finger and tapped the “Allow Entry” button sending the buzzer off. “Leave it to me, okay?”

 

I hung up before he could say anything and quickly went to the twins. I tapped them both on the shoulder and they turned to me. “Hey! Let’s play a game, okay??”

 

“Game!? Yay!!” The twins exclaimed. I tied my hair up and looked out the window, watching Mrs. Oh slowly walk up the driveway of the home. Think fast Soo Jung. THINK.

 

“Let’s pretend that my name is Krystal. I am a model and I went to school far far far away…” I looked at the twins outfits and started fixing them up to look somewhat presentable. “You two are my little brother and sister visiting from America okay?” I looked out the window again and she was almost to the door. “If she asks about Mommy and Daddy just say they are far far far away too, okay?”

 

“We get to have a daddy?!” Hansol asked excitedly. I heard the doorbell go off.

 

“Yes!” I pushed them back towards the couch. “The game starts now, okay??”

 

“Okay!!” The twins shouted as they found their way back to the couch. I walked towards the front door silently praying that they would follow along. I did well for another lie, huh? I fixed my hopeless self as much as I could (I was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, how much more fancier could I get?) and then opened the door.

 

“Mrs. Oh! What a delight to see you…” I gave her a polite bow and smiled. “What brings you here?”

 

“Oh, just stopping by to check up on Sehun’s home. Since he is away and all.” She passed by me without returning a “delighted to see you too” or anything of that sort. I mean, even if the person is an , show some class…

 

“Don’t worry Mrs. Oh, I have it under control since I am here you know?” I followed her to the foyer where she paused. “See?”

 

“I see all right.” Mrs. Oh pointed at the living room. “Who are they?”

 

I looked over and saw the twins in the living room. Last I left them, they were perfect little angels enjoying their television time. Now that I leave for now even a few minutes, chaos has ensued between the both of them; As in, food is spilled all over, the TV is flipping channels quickly, and the twins are screaming at each other with the remote between the both of them.

 

“Haru! Hansol!” I exclaimed shutting the two of them up immediately. The twins looked immediately towards me, dropping the remote on the floor. It was Hansol that immediately ran up to me with tears.

 

“Noona! Haru won’t let me watch what I want to watch!” Hansol clenched his tiny arms around my thighs. Haru ran immediately to me, following suit like her brother with my other thigh.

 

“Hansol wouldn’t let me change the scary channel on TV!!” Haru defended herself. I looked at Mrs. Oh who was standing here watching the whole scene unfold. I couldn’t tell if she was happy or sad about this, because her face was like stone: hard and unchanging.

 

“Are these…your children??” Mrs. Oh asked pointing between the two kids still crying on me. I shook my head vigorously. Okay, here goes nothing…Let’s hope they remembered “the game”.

 

“These two?” I pushed the two of them away from me, and then turned them both around to face Sehun’s mom. “They’re actually my siblings.” I used my hands to bend their heads down to show respect to Mrs. Oh.

 

“Siblings?” Sehun’s mom crouched down looking between the two crying faces. “You have siblings this young?”

 

I nodded. “It was a pretty big surprise coming from me too. But, if you still got it…you got it! Woot!” I threw a good hardy hand gesture into my actions, but Mrs. Oh didn’t look impressed. I quickly resumed my normal position. Wow, tough crowd…

 

“Are you Sehun’s halmoni?” Hansol asked looking at Mrs. Oh. I gasped and covered his mouth.

 

“Hansol…you silly you…Halmoni means ‘grandma’ in Korean. I think you meant to say ‘Omma’, right?” I pressed his cheeks together making his head nod. I looked at Mrs. Oh; face still unchanged. “Sorry about that. They just came from America not to long ago and are still learning and all…”

 

“Oh, so they live in America with you’re parents?” She asked. “Does that mean your mother and father are in town?”

 

“We don’t have a da—“ Haru tried to explain, but I covered . Even Hansol understood that what his sister did was a wrong move, by jerking her hand down.

 

“What she probably means is…Our dad isn’t in Korea right now. Neither is our mom. They’re still in the states.” Phew, I mentally patted myself on the back for that one.

 

Mrs. Oh nodded. “Interesting…So you’re parents allowed them to come here all by themselves?”

 

“No, they didn’t of course not. What kind of parent would let that happen?” I flipped my hair trying to think of a good lie. “They came here with their—uhm—“ I looked around the room and spotted a certain American TV show on. “The Nanny!”

 

“Pardon me?” Mrs. Oh questioned. I looked back from the TV to look at Sehun’s mom.

 

“Nanny. They both have a Nanny…” I looked at both of the kids. “Isn’t that right you guys?”

 

“Nanny! We have a nanny!” The twins suddenly jumped up and down with joy. They began running back into the living room continuing to be unnecessarily excited about the fact that they had a “nanny”.

 

“They must really like their nanny”, Mrs. Oh pointed out still keeping an eye on the twins peculiar behavior. I know that what we’ve been giving her is a load of bullcrap, I just hope she didn’t smell it. I mean that literally too—I think I ted in my pants just thinking of how much Unnie will KILL me if she found out I brought her kids into this.

 

“Oh, yeah, like a second mother really.” I saw Mrs. Oh nod her head as she readjusted her purse strap on her shoulder. 

 

“Well then, I’m guessing that you will be taking care of them for the duration of their stay?”

 

I nodded my head.

 

“And when are they going back?”

 

“Uhm, soon?” Soon!? Soo Jung you weirdo…Soon?! Couldn’t make up a date or anything of that sort to make it MORE convincing!? Redeem yourself! “After next week is what I mean!”

 

Mrs. Oh’s face finally changed. “Is that so??” She suddenly clapped her hand. “That’s perfect!”

 

I made a confused face. Uhm, aren’t you supposed to show a little sadness for these kinds of things? “Perfect for--?”

 

“You’re wedding of course!” Mrs. Oh’s eyes actually changed, showing a bit of a twinkle. “I just got off the phone with the wedding planner, and she found the perfect place in California. Aren’t you from California, yes??”

 

I nodded again. Oh no. Oh no no no no…

 

“Yes, we shall move up the wedding then!” Mrs. Oh clapped her hands even more as she began to walk towards the front door. “When the twins leave, we shall all travel with them to California.” I opened the door for her immediately and she stepped out. “That way we can meet your family and have them with us on the joyous occasion, yes?”

 

I nodded again. Wedding? California? Family?

 

“I’ll send you the ideas the wedding planner and I came up with…” She began waving her hand gracefully as she walked down the driveway to the gate. “Don’t forget to invite the nanny home too.”

 

I nodded again. Nanny?

 

As soon as she left through the closed gates, I shut the door quickly letting go of the breath I had been holding in for the longest time. Holding my head, I let my body slip down the door and onto the floor. Oh my god, what have I gotten myself into now…

 

“I’m getting married? We’re going to California? We’re meeting my family?” I looked at the twins who had miraculously quieted down while watching “The Nanny”. “They have a nanny?!”

 

“Unnie, you’re getting married?!” Haru suddenly piped up from the couch.

 

“In California!? As in the United States?!” Hansol added in beside his sister.

 

“We’re meeting our family!? As in, our real daddy!?” Haru pointed out.

 

“The Nanny is coming with us too!” Hansol pointed at the TV character on the show. Soon enough the twins were jumping on the couch out of excitement, chips flying everywhere like a winter storm. I just watched as Sehun’s once spotless living room became a chip storm because of two certain powers of nature.

 

Sehun is going to kill me.

 

Unnie is going to kill me.

 

…not if I kill myself first… I hit my head repeatedly against the door.

 

Pabo Krystal.

 

Pabo Soo Jung.

 

Pabo me.