Entry 28

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies

Please read Author's Note down below for important news after main story.


 
Date:  May 19, 2014
Entry:  #28
Location: Jung Vineyard
 
Dear Diary, 
Well, we made it through the sobbing greetings and awkward introductions. In fact, I’m relieved that Omma and Appa both
welcomed Soo Yeon and I with open arms. Kai and Sehun on the other hand…well, that was another story…Mostly on Appa’s part
though. We introduced them as our friends from Korea who had come with us on vacation.
 
Just friends. 
 
When asked about the twins, we lied to them saying that they were back in Korea. Apparently, Mrs. Oh called my parents personally,
acting as a person I hired to track Appa and Omma down after so many years. My parents were quite taken back at the unexpected
call, but immediately jumped on the agreement to see us again. They kept telling us how they felt bad for making us feel neglected,
especially what happened on Soo Yeon’s behalf. It turned to one big sob party again, and wow just thinking about it makes me want
to cry again. 
 
Don’t you cry Soo Jung. Don’t dare cry. 
 
Walking around the place brought back a lot of found memories. Soo Yeon and I went into our designated rooms and noticed that
nothing had changed at all. Pictures of us as children were still hung around the house, our rooms was stuck in the past, my pre-
teen years and Unnie’s teen years. I can’t believe they still kept it the way they did, even after we left. 
 
Now that things between my parents and I were in the clear, I can’t help but feel somewhat complete in my life. As if, a whole weight
has lifted off my shoulders and-

“Soo Jung!” I heard my name being called out by Sehun’s voice. “Soo Jung where are you!?”

 

“In here!” I shouted loud enough so he could hear my voice. I heard my name being called a few more times from him and I rolled my eyes; swear, this guy has no sense of direction… I finally decided to stand up from my seat and peak my head at the end of the row I had hidden myself in. “Sehun. I am right here.”

 

Sehun’s head turned a quick 360 revealing that he was holding a champagne bottle and 2 wine glasses in his hands. Once he saw my face his worried look turned into relief as he started to walk towards me. “Yah! What are you trying to do? Hide from me or something?”

 

“No!” I lied. At least not today… Sehun began to follow me back to the tree on the hill that I was previously at before. “I was just getting away for a bit…that’s all.”

 

“Uh huh.” Sehun trudged up the side of the hill behind me. “So let me guess…is this your secret place where you could peacefully vent about the world in your diary?”

 

I shrugged. “Yeah. And also where the twins were made too.” I sat down on the blanket I had set myself on the ground, leaning on the trunk of the tree. Sehun made a face and stood on the edge of the hill, afraid to come any closer.

 

“You can’t be serious, right?” He looked around the area spotting more and more rows of the vineyard. “This spot isn’t even secluded… You can see this tree from your house!”

 

“How else do you think they got caught, huh?” I laughed patting the empty spot behind me. “Now come on, don’t be such a baby. Its not like this tree is some baby ritual omen or anything of that sort.”

 

“The hell it would be…” Sehun shook his head as he finally gave in taking a seat next to mine. “I’m not ready to have children.”

 

“Oh? You don’t want to have children?” I asked in curiosity as I popped open the bottle of wine.

 

“Actually, let me rephrase that” Sehun answered. “I don’t want to have any children YET.” He took the bottle of wine from me and began pouring it in a glass.

 

“Makes sense. I mean, you’re still young and all… You should enjoy the finest of the finest until you have to settle down for one.” He handed me a glass and I said thanks.

 

“Well, I kind of am settling down tomorrow.” He pointed the wine bottle at me after he poured himself a glass. “We’re both settling down, remember?” Sehun lifted his glass for a toast. “To us. Making it this far.” We clinked glasses looking into each other’s eyes. “And coming out with something more.”

 

As Sehun took a sip of his wine, I carefully took my own sip focusing on the wine itself. God, I couldn’t bear to think that what he said was all a lie. That he didn’t know it was. I know I should tell him, but it was the best for both of us. I mean, really now, would he marry a girl like me? No. He couldn’t. He shouldn’t. He wouldn’t.

 

“You know…” Sehun said out of the comfortable silence we had created before. “I’m glad I’m getting married to you.”

 

God, he was just rubbing salt in my wounds, huh? “Why do you say that?” I asked trying to sound as cool as possible.

 

“Because…I just…I don’t know, there is just something about you really.” Sehun swirled the wine in his glass as if he was a bit shy to say what he was going to say. Sehun shy? Well, this was a first—Wait, was he going to say something heartfelt? Like, real feelings heartfelt? No, I have to flip the subject! But, before I could open my mouth to say something stupid, Sehun began to talk again.

 

“It’s just that. Well, when I first saw you sitting at that desk in detention you just had this aura about you. Not because you were the only girl in detention, but just the way you carry yourself. You looked so…fearless.”

 

“Fearless? Me?” I pointed to myself. I’ve gotten independent, hard headed and many other words…But, fearless? That was a first.

 

“Yeah. I mean, fearless as in you didn’t care what other people thought about why you were there or the looks and hollers they were giving you, especially on Kai’s behalf. And, well, that appealed to me.”  Sehun started to circle his wine glass with his finger. “I mean, even approaching you to ask you about your backpack, well that was just an excuse to look at you up close. And to get your name. And number.” Sehun smiled and I laughed, playful pushing him.

 

“Well, someone knows how to play it slick.” I ruffled his hair. Sehun sat back up again smiling and shrugged.

 

“I guess you can say my position in life helps me out, in a lot of situations.” Sehun sipped his wine. “It helped me get you.”

 

I took a big sip of my wine. Get me. Did he really though?

 

“You know, I knew it was you working that one night at the café. And once I found that out, I contacted your manager and told her to bring you for the meeting that weekend. At that time, my first motive was to use you for ‘the plan.’ But, in the back of my head, I wanted to see you again. I was just telling myself the first motive was the only motive I had.”

 

“Why were you telling yourself that?” See? Sehun even had second thoughts about me. So that means he wasn’t that into me! Well…at least back then. Now, it was a different story.

 

“Because I knew that with this plan, there was a chance that I would for you, and that would be....dangerous. As in, if I really did want to go out with you, then this whole lie we had been making up was not only going to ruin my reputation, but yours as well. I didn’t want that to happen.” Sehun sat up straight instead of leaning casually against the tree trunk. “I don’t want that to happen.”

 

“That’s not going to happen.” I patted his back for reassurance. For once, I was telling the truth about our future: because everything I was going to do was so it wouldn’t ruin either of our reputations. “I mean, tomorrow’s the day right?”

 

Sehun nodded his head looking out into the darkening sky. “Yeah, but you don’t understand.”

 

“Understand what?” I sat up straight beside him listening intently.

 

“This may be hard to believe but I’m actually not all as I perceive to be.” He took a sip of his wine. “People may fear me. But, to be quite honest, I’m just as afraid for them as they are of me.” He finished off his wine glass. “You know, I’ve always been afraid. But, not necessarily for myself…More for others.” 

 

“So you have compassion for others…what’s wrong with that? I find that good quality.”

 

“Yes, but fearing for others makes me fear myself at the same time.” He let the glass fall on the blanket. “Will I do well enough in this meeting to get the deal for the company? Will my parents accept the proposition so that I don’t let the marketing team down? Will I be able to protect you if this didn’t work?” I watched as he looked down no longer looking down. “I-I’m afraid that I’m not enough for myself. That I’m not enough for you.”

 

I set my glass down, scooted closer to Sehun to place my head on his shoulder while rubbing his lower back comfortably. After all this time worrying about tomorrow, and myself, when did I once worry about all that Sehun was going through for me? I mean, he was risking his reputation for me. He was afraid of destroying everything he built himself up to be, but everything I was worth as well.

 

“You are WAY more than enough for me. Trust me.” I felt a tear escape my eye. Soo Jung, you told yourself you weren’t going to cry! “I honestly can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me. And besides, you even said so yourself…” I reached over and took his hand in mine squeezing it. “We made it. The both of us. Together.”

 

Sehun looked up again and noticed that I was on his shoulder. He smiled and opened his arms so that I could cuddle up to his chest. Kissing my forehead he took a deep sigh nodding his head. “Yeah. Well, there’s one thing I got right.”

 

“Not without my help.” I slapped his chest playfully. “Just think of all the lies that we made up together and how we kept up with all of those.”

 

Sehun laughed. “Like that one time I said you were famous for some goat milk commercials somewhere in Europe?”

 

I laughed. “God, where did that one even come from?”

 

“Honestly, I have no idea… it’s just fun making up stuff up about Krystal.” He rested his head on top of mine. “It’s just fun being with you in general.”

 

I sighed. “Is it really? I am not a nuisance to you or your wallet whatsoever?”

 

I felt Sehun shake his head no. “Babe, you’ll never be a nuisance to my wallet or to me. If anything, you help me.”

 

“Help you?”

 

“Yeah. That thing about fearing myself? Well, you were my role model on how to tell myself I as worthy. Because even after all you went through, putting yourself before others and thinking of the best for yourself… You still manage to have a go at everything 100%, without fear. And—I want to be like that one day. Voice my opinions with no fear and know that everything I do is within my power and even more.” Sehun lifted his head from mine and I lifted mine to look at him.

 

“Soo Jung. Thank you.” He took my hand in his, giving it a kiss. “Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Not just with this charade, but just for me as a person.” He cupped my chin in his fingers and leaned in, giving me a kiss.

 

This kiss was different then the ones we’ve had before. I felt his passion in his words being represented in his actions. But, as much as I wanted to enjoy this moment, I couldn’t. Because inside my heart, I had let him down. Once he finds me not walking down the aisle…He was going to be knocked down from the peg that he had just climbed up on. Sehun was not only going to be feel betrayed and cheated on, but he was going to return to the fearful person he was before. He was probably going to put two and two together and realize that his plan didn’t work out… That he couldn’t do enough to keep me.

 

“Soo Jung! Sehun! Are you out there?!” I heard Kai shout out loud in the distance. “Hello!?”

 

Sehun and I pulled away from our kiss, and as if we were committing a crime, we stood up and started cleaning up our area. I gathered the blanket while Sehun gathered the the wine bottle and the glasses. Just as Kai spotted us, we were on our way down the hill, walking towards him.

 

“Hey, I’ve been looking for you two everywhere!” Kai announced looking around the surroundings. “What were you two doing up there anyways?”

 

Sehun showed off the wine bottle. “Just a bit of a toast for tomorrow.” He looked at me and winked. “I mean, we are getting married after all.”

 

Kai chuckled and waved it off as if that statement was nothing. As he began to walk back to the patio area, Sehun took my hand in his, giving it a little squeeze. I returned a smile even though on the inside, my heart was shattering into unfixable pieces.  

 

Tomorrow.


August 11, 2015

Author's Note

First off, I'd like to apologize for not updating this as regularly as before. I had summer school going on, but now that I'm done I have time to finish up. Yay!! :D  But, I also have some other news to share with y'all... 

I will no longer be writing any full length fanfics. 

Now, before y'all freak out I'm not going to stop writing all together! Heck noooo. The thing is...with Nursing School coming up I already know I won't have the time to write a full length story & keep up with any "regular" updates like I usually did. I know I promised y'all a KaixKrystalxSehun fanfic, and I'm sorry I couldn't give that to you because of summer school and all. I brought your hopes for nothing, and I'm sorry OTL. Truth be told, I could probably go on with doing a full length fanfic through the year, but I don't want to keep y'all waiting for weeks/months on end. I like (well, try to be) one of those authors who like to update every day/every other day/once or twice a week to keep the rhythm of the story flowing at a good pace. With Nursing School & doing this, I know I'll be swamped & wouldn't be able to give you the best that I know I can try & achieve. So, instead of giving you half-, barely anything material...I just thought this would be the best for you and I. 

Lol, sounds like a break up scene hahaha..............................

With that being said, I just wanted to give all my thanks and love to all of those who have kept up with me! Whether you came from ROD, MWRB, or DIGL...Thank you, thank you, thank you x infinity. This experience was amazing, and to see that people actually enjoy & appreciate my writings meant more to me then y'all could ever imagine. The best part of all this was whenever I got to see any story comments because it gave me a chance to talk to y'all. A chance to give y'all a bit more thanks than I deserve. If it wasn't for all of y'all supporting me through comments, upvotes, & subscribing...I don't think I would have made it this far. So thank you. Really. Thank YOU. 

Okay, let's not get all teary eyed here (wipes tear away from eye) I'm not going away for good. Though, I won't be writing any full length fics I'll still keep up writing...through One Shots! If y'all don't know already, I have a "story" called Now Playing which is a collection of short stories based on songs I listen to (KPOP & non-KPOP). This won't be any regular updates like my previous fanfics. This is more of a way to keep up with my writing skills and an outlet when I just want to get away from stuff. Sooooooo, If you want to keep up with some of my writings (& maybe future news of any full length fics I come up with) then click on these musical notes to check it out --> 🎶  

In other news...4 more chapters left till the end!! See y'all soon~ 

Thanks for reading (: