Entry 05

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies
 
Date:  April 17, 2014
Entry  #05
Location School
 
Dear Diary, 
Oh Sehun didn’t call yesterday, or the day before yesterday (aka the day it happened). No I don’t even think he will call. It’s not like I
wanted him to call anyways. You know what it is?? I think he just thought about going through this and was like “why the did I
do this? I’ll just tell my parents the truth.” And yes, that’s what he did. Pssht, nothing happened so he can make up more lies to
cover up the lies he did make up, you know? 
 
Yes. That’s the end of that subject… The end of--

“Soo Jung-ah…” I looked up and saw Amber waving her hand in front of my face. “Are you okay?”

 

I closed my diary and smiled at her. “Is the lesson over? I barely started writing…” I gave a nervous laugh.

 

“Yeah, you’ve been staring at your journal for a while before you started putting words down on paper” Kai’s voice announced as he came over sitting on Amber’s desk.

 

“Are you that creepy to stare at her all period Kai?” Amber tried pushing his of her desk, but he held on. Kyungsoo finally came around standing in front of my desk.

 

“You’ve been in deep thought ever since you’ve come to school.” He looked at the phone on my lap. “She’s been staring at her screen but left her journal in front of her to make people think she is looking at the blank page.”

 

“Ohhhhh daebakkk! I should try that!” Chanyeol pointed out.

 

“Omo! Is our Soo Jung-ah waiting for a call from somebody?” Baekhyun tapped my cheek with his finger. “Perhaps…another boy??”

 

“GASP!” Amber put a hand in front of her open mouth then shook my shoulder with the other. “Is what Bacon saying true??”

 

“No of course not!” I lied shaking my head wildly. “It’s just that Haru has been having nightmares lately, so Unnie said to watch my phone just in case the daycare calls or something.”

 

“Is everything okay at home?” I heard Kai’s voice call out in concern.

 

“Yeah, its just that Unnie started reading Harry Potter to the kids and now she has nightmares of ‘he-who-must-not-be-named’”, I looked at Kai saying and his face calmed down a bit. “I blame you for bringing them the whole box set Saturday night…”

 

“Hey! Hansol wanted it, so why not??” Kai jumped off the desk poking my head. “Besides, filling those princess stories in his head may make him more feminine then he needs to be.” Kai pulled up his sleeve showing off a bicep. “He needs a manly figure like me to—“

 

“Aish!” We all pushed Kai playfully making him stop his words before they got any further. No one, not even my sister knew of what happened Saturday morning. I know I could have told Unnie or maybe even Amber or taken this opportunity to tell the guys. But, you know what? The past is the past. He didn’t call me and he probably forgot about it so I should too! I stood up to follow Amber and EXO out the door when there was a knock at the open door. The whole class turned to look at the doorway and saw an old man in a suit. A different man in a suit then Mr. Suit himself…

 

“Uhm, sorry to interrupt you all… But, I’m looking for a Jung Soo Jung-ssi?” He asked reading some kind of card in his gloved hands. The moment my name left his lips, the whole class turned to look at me. The man noticed the direction of the gaze change and followed along looking straight at me. “Are you she?”

 

I nodded slowly. “Uhm, hello…” I walked up to him giving a small bow receiving one from him as well. “I’m sorry, but I’m not really sure who you are—“

 

“Excuse my intrusion to your day Miss Jung, but I am Mr. Oh Sehun’s assistant, Kang Lee Joon. Mr. Oh sent me here to retrieve you for lunch.”

 

“M-Mr. Oh?” I whispered. I thought he forgot about me damn it. He said he would call me, and this is the kind of call I get? The old fashion 'I’ll send one of my people to deliver the message kind of thing?'

 

“Yes. He deeply apologizes for not having the time to call you back, but he figured it would be better to talk of the situation in person.” He stepped to the side as if he was giving me a path to walk in front of him. “I have informed the office and your teachers that you will take an early leave from school today.”

 

“Early leave from school?” All I could do is repeat the words he was saying as I turned my head to look at my friends. They were talking amongst themselves wondering what was going on while Kai just stared at me. It wasn’t a nice stare either. For some reason, he looked…jealous. I turned to Mr. Oh’s assistant putting a ‘hold on’ finger, then turned back to go to my desk to gather my things into my backpack. I felt a huddle enclosing around me and knew that EXO and Amber were keeping me from getting out.

 

“Yah! Who the hell is that??” Kai asked rigidly looking over at the man at the door.

 

“He looks SUPER important…” Amber chimed in.

 

“Is h-he a loan shark!?” Kyungsoo nervously asked.

 

“Hey, if you need help with money you know that you could ask us for help”, Suho placed a hand on my shoulder.

 

“Oh yeah, Suho could definitely help you with that! He has a never ending supply of that!” Baekhyun tried to joke. We all turned to him giving him flicks on his body. Afterwards, I put the backpack straps on my shoulder.

 

“You guys, I’ll be fine… It’s just someone from work that wants to talk to me about a—scholarship oppurtunity!” I lied. “Yeah, a scholarship to that one school that I can’t remember the name of off the top of my head!” I broke out of the circle turning around to give a quick wave goodbye. “Wish me luck?” EXO and Amber gave a slow drag of wishes to my well being as I walked out of the classroom with the assistant following me. I walked out of the school building pausing in front of a familiar crisp white BMW at the front of the doors. The passenger window rolled down, and in the driver’s seat was now Mr. Suit himself.

 

“Long time no see… Krystal.” 

 
Date:  April 17, 2014
Entry  #05
Location Home
 
So, I just got home from a day with **gulp** Sehun. (It’s weird calling him by his name…) And oh, yeah, did I already say day as in…I
spent most of my waking hours under his supervision?? Yeah. It happened. And god…where do I even start with all this that I
am in now?
 
And, by I mean lies. Lies that I have to carry in my head if I want the money for this. 
 
Don’t understand what I’m saying, huh? Okay, so let’s back up to this afternoon at lunch: I was pulled out of school for the day j
ust to talk to Suits (better. I’ll use this name.) He drove me to the same restaurant I spotted him from before, and I got my dream of
fine dining. I was enjoying the food just fine, thinking that this was probably just a sorry meal for bringing me into some
unnecessary , but no actually…He brought up the situation again. 
 
(I will try to put this in a dialogue setting so you could understand. Honestly, I can't map points from A to B right now, even in this
math homework I am supposed to be doing.) 
 
Suits: I’m sorry I didn’t call you.
Me: It’s fine. I wasn’t expecting it anyways.
Suits: In other words... you were expecting it.
Me: Look, can we not play games and just cut to the chase of why you brought me here? Is this your way of saying sorry for
embarrassing me on Saturday? Because if so… thank you. I accept. 
Suits: No, actually, its about to talk of the situation.
Me: What situation? (Durr, I knew what he was talking about but I wanted to know that we were on the same page.) 
Suits: The thing where you’re my fake model girlfriend named Krystal that I dearly love and possibly want to marry. 
(Pause. A hella long pause because everything I was digesting at the moment was about to travel up again to my mouth to barf up
the I was taking in.) 
Me: W-What?! 
Suits: Look, Miss Jung this role you play is actually very crucial.
Me: Why do I need to do this for you, huh??
Suits: How can I put this in an easy way? (Pause) You know those things called arranged marriages? 
Me: (nods & then realizes what he’s trying to say cause I’m a smart that enjoys watching dramas) No. No I won’t do it just
because YOU don’t want to get into this marriage your parents set you up with. (I would have stood up to walk away but the food
was just so damn good I just couldn’t see my half go to waste.) 
Suits:  I’ll pay you anything you need. I’ll even put your name on the design of the backpack you made and—
Me: (At this point I am seriously weird-ed out by what was happening right now. Do people really fake these kinds of things these
days?? And bribe with money and blackmail and stuff? But, let’s be honest here…the fashion credit was getting me a bit into it.) Go
on…
Suits: Go on with…? 
Me: If I follow through with this… 
Suits: (says something about being paid generously, fashion credit for the new backpack coming out this season with the handbags,
and anything else I ask for to make me more comfortable as his girlfriend.) 
 
You know what? This is where it starts to get muggy with memory because after that I don’t even remember the exact words I said.
Instead, I just remember instantly agreeing with the circumstances, and took advantage of the situation right away. And how does
that happen? 
 
But, okay, let’s be real here. I’m writing because oh my god, Soo Jung, what are you doing with yourself!? 
 
First of all, why did you agree to such a thing? This is dangerous. You know better then to start a fake relationship with someone!
Damn it, many movies and dramas have portrayed this sort of thing happening! I out of all people knows that this kind of thing
happens, and then as time goes on the fake thing becomes real making everything complicated and then somebody gets slapped
then we both go through some kind of a phase where life is in slow motion…blah blah blah blah blah. See Soo Jung?! Why would you
want that happening to you damn it!?
 
Ugh, speaking of things happening to me… Second, let’s speak of the GOOD things that I could get out of this: money, fashion
credit, and possibly a better job at OFSI. Unnie and the twins and I will be set for the rest of…however long this thing goes! Look, I’m
not calling myself a bad person to use Suits to my advantage. I mean, he suggested it first! We both mutually agree to these
propositions: I follow along with his lies and he follows with checks being sent to my bank account.
 
Okay so third, there is nothing to really worry about all right? Movies are movies for a reason. They are a fake imaginary world that
happen once in a blue moon. I just follow along with the lies, keep as little contact with him as possible, and enjoy the money with
the family and friends. We break it off clean when he gets what he wants and I get a HUGE check to set me up for life and voilà!
Presto! Magic! Wow I love life. 
 
I know what you’re thinking… Soo Jung. You are going to screw this up somewhere in the middle of all this PLUS you are taking this
all too easily. Don’t worry though! I have this ALL under control! Really! Besides, okay, at least it’ll be easy to act like I like him…
Because he is hot and yeah I do like him and his money. And as any protagonist woman playing my part, let’s openly admit that he
does have an interesting personality that I want to know more about; just for the fun of it, all right? 
 
Now you’re thinking ‘Whoa! Whoa! See! That’s where the attraction start!!!’ Pssshttt… look, let me explain something to you: 
 
You know why the ladies in the movie find themselves having that sudden “aha” moment causing them to act like a stupid person in
love? It’s because they don’t admit these things out loud to themselves. They try SO hard to push away the attraction they feel for
her partner that it soon builds in her system and bursts out into emotions. Causing the whole “are you okay? You’ve been acting
different around me lately” kind of talk that leads to confessions then then truth telling to friends and family and yeahhhh. But,
noooooo sirrr that won’t be me! 
 
I’m already admitting out loud that I sort of have an attraction to him. Admitting it everyday to myself will make it an “everyday”
routine for me you see? I won’t ever have that hard hitting “aha” moment to send my emotions into turmoil if I already admit it as an
everyday thing now, you know? 
 
And for the lying thing? Well, I have that in the bag too! I already make a list of small white lies… what’s different if I start making
the lie list a tiny bit bigger, eh? I’ll just read it every once in a while to keep them fresh in my mind. 
 
I got this. I really got this. For real. Don’t worry. 
 
I got this. 
 
See I’ll start the list now! 
 
Lie(s) of the day:
~I lied about Haru having nightmares about Lord Voldemort (ohhhh I said his name, what are you going to do about it??) She’s
actually enjoying the stories! It’s Hansol that's actually peeing his pants everynight… 
~According to Suits, I am a model working at the Oh! Café because “Krystal” suggested that she wanted to truly start at the bottom
of the company and hoped that somebody would recognize “me” as model status and work my way up. (Kind of goes for Soo Jung
too, you know?)
~According to Suits, we’ve been “together” for 3 years now: We met on a college campus (oops, already forgot the campus name he
stated...need to recheck on that one)came back to Korea together but I wanted to stay as down to earth as possible…Meaning, I
would pretend not to know him at work. That’s why I was so “surprised” at the words he said to me that one meeting.

Author's Note

So the editing has begun!! *woot woot* Nice to see that you made it all the way down here, so hello there fellow reader (new & returning)!

Since this story is already written, expect updates on this to be 'multiple chapter' updates. BUT, that doesn't mean I'll be able to get to update it everyday (school just fated me with a 'free-ish' weekend & I took advantage of it). I'll try my best to update it freqeuntly though since I miss writing, & since I can't really put out a full length story yet...this will have to suffice for now. Plus, I'm actually working on editing 2 other stories that I have (which you should totally check out HERE) so that'll take some time as well. 

Anyways, thanks for reading this tiny little note! Hope you stay tuned for more chapters coming up (*^▽^*)

PS That Call Me Baby MV thooo got me feelings some type of wayyy likeee F U EXO. Y U GOTTA MAKE ME FANGIRL LIKE THIS!? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻