Entry 19

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies
 
Date:  May 4, 2014
Entry  #19
Location Sehun's House
 
Dear Diary, 
So it’s surprisingly early in the morning right now. What am I sacrificing my beauty sleep for? Well, I woke up early to study. Believe
it or not. But, woohoo…look at me… writing in my diary instead. 
 
Well, I haven’t exactly gotten out of my bed yet—okay, sorry—Sehun’s bed to be exact. And no little erted mind, Sehun is NOT
in it. In fact, he’s still not here at all. Do I want him to come back? Actually, YES I do. Why?? Not because I miss his face or those abs
or that chiseled back (okay, so I may have peeked). I miss him because I need him to deal with this 'business' I got into yesterday.
Let me just give a run down in three short words:
 
Marriage. California. Family. 
 
I didn’t think I would ever have to say this, but I need him. My mind is not only fried from studying for finals, but keeping up with all
these lies: I really need to re-adjust myself. Plus, I still haven’t been able to contact Kai, the EXO boys and Amber, which is getting
me REALLY worried. This is one of the longest times I haven’t talked to Kai, and I really am worried about him. Forget about those
words he said to me, or looking for an apology. No. I want to make sure he’s okay and know WHY he’s been like this. 

**DING**

 

Ding? What ding is this?? I closed my diary and put it to the side, slowly unfolding the covers off my body. Who could be here THIS early in the morning? Then it occurred to me: Maybe it was Sehun’s mother checking up on me. I mean, didn’t Sehun say she would pop in randomly at times? I looked at the monitor. Then again, she would’ve probably rang the bell and needed permission to get in so…

 

I swung my body out of bed, and put on my slippers. Looking down, I had forgotten that I was wearing one of Sehun’s long shirts, since I was too lazy to dig into the suitcase of clothing I brought for myself. Besides, they smelled good and were more comfortable then my raggedy matching PJ’s. Now I understood why girls always wore guys clothing in the morning…

 

As I was just about to reach for the doorknob, the door suddenly opened making me jump back a bit. I looked to see who was in front of me and I gasped.

 

“Kai!?” “Soo Jung!?” We both said at the same time.

 

“What are you doing here?” We pointed at each other saying at the same time, again.

 

“Soo Yeon Noona said you’d be here with the twins,” Kai answered. “Why are YOU here?”

 

“I technically, sort of, kind of, live here?” I replied back with an unsure tone. “Who let YOU in here?”

 

“The twins…” Kai started to scan me up and down, somehow making me feel violated. Then I remembered that I was wearing Sehun’s long shirt and I immediately turned Kai’s body around to push him out the door.

 

“You wait out there while I—I go here.” I got him out the room with one last push.

 

“Wait, Soo Jung I—“ Kai began to say, right before I shut the door in front of his face.

 

“Mianhe! I’ll be out in just a second okay? Just wait!” I looked around the room in panic. Cover up, cover up. Cover—Oh! Bathrobe! I walked straight towards the hanger to pull off the bathrobe, placing it around myself. Once that was done, I found myself walking outside and hearing some commotion come from the kitchen.

 

“Oppa! Are you really making us breakfast?” Haru asked as she leaned on the island of the kitchen watching as Kai began to place ingredients on there to prepare.

 

“Are we having what YOU have for breakfast to grow big and strong like you hyung?!” Hansol flexed both of his arms as if he was showing off some muscles. Kai laughed and squeezed the little boy’s arm.

 

“Whoa there champ, watch out or else you’re going to become just as strong as me.” He looked at both Haru and Hansol. “Why don’t you two go watch some TV while Soo Jung and I make breakfast?” The twins nodded and walked in the direction Kai wanted them to.

 

“You’re not really making breakfast, are you?” I asked a bit surprised at what I was seeing. Kai? Making breakfast? He was usually the type to buy us something to eat, never had I ever seen him COOK something before.

 

“Yeah, thought I could keep that one to myself until I could serve my lady a little breakfast in bed.” Kai looked at me. “Sort of an apology for something I said, that kind of thing, you know?” He started to search the cupboards for something, and I began looking with him.

 

“You were going to serve me breakfast in bed?” I asked as I spotted the pots and pans. I took one skillet out and showed it to him, his eyes telling me that I had found what he was looking for.

 

“Yeah, but can’t do that now that you’re…well, out of bed.” Kai took the skillet from me and grabbed a pot from the same place. I leaned back on the counter.

 

“You didn’t have to make breakfast in bed for me as an apology you know.” I watched as he placed the skillet and pot on the stove to heat up. “Actually, you don’t have to apologize at all…”

 

Kai stopped his movement in one of the drawers. “What? What do you mean I don’t owe you an apology?”

 

I opened one of the drawers containing the utensils and handed it to him. “As in, you don’t owe me an apology. As in, you don’t have to say sorry for the words you said to me.” He stayed still as I walked past him to start chopping up the vegetables.

 

“W-Why not?” Kai stood beside me looking at me. “I called you a g—“

 

“Golddigger? Yeah. I know.” I looked at him. “Which is technically true. So, don’t apologize for saying the truth.” I looked back at the vegetables. “Just start cracking and mixing some eggs otherwise you’re going to say sorry to my starving stomach.”

 

Kai nodded his head and immediately took the eggs he got from the fridge, cracking it in the bowl. A few minutes passed by in an awkward silence with chopping and cracking sounds going on here and there. Was this how it was going to be between Kai and I now? Awkward? No. This can’t happen—I don’t want it to be like this between us—

 

“Do you want to know why I said it?” Kai raised the question first. I took the vegetables I had just chopped up and placed it in the bowl with the mixed eggs. I nodded. Kai cleared his throat as he started mixing the ingredients together. “Well, its just that I—I was obviously jealous.”

 

“Oh well that one’s shocker” I gave him a playful smile to try and lighten the mood. Kai took it as he smiled back.

 

“What? I can’t save my lady from the evil man?” Kai started to turn his mixing bowl towards the stove. I laughed, is that what he calls Suits behind his back?

 

I opened the rice cooker spotting some leftover rice. “Evil man? You mean Sehun?”

 

Kai placed the now empty egg bowl on the counter next to the stove, now focusing on the omelet in progress. “No. I was talking about the vampire ghost that lives in this house.”

 

“Kai, he’s not as bad as you think…” I shook my head at both of our child play jokes. This was becoming more like us: Serious, yet playful to an extent. “Sehun is helping me out.”

 

“By putting your reputation in danger? How is that helping someone?” Kai stopped touching the omelet with his spatula.

 

I added a bit of leftover chopped up veggies into the fried rice I was currently making. "I have no reputation yet. Besides, if anything Sehun will help me build a reputation in the fashion world." That wasn't that my first reason for staying with Suits, but the option is now there. 

 

"Soo Jung ..." Kai ran his hand through his hair looking distressed . "If you were really in need of help, why didn't you come to me first? The guys? Amber?" 

 

"Because." I opened a random cupboard and found the soy sauce I was looking for. I popped the cap off the bottle and started pouring it into the rice. "All of you already help me enough with everything. I just, wanted to find a way to help all by MYSELF for a change."


"Yes, but--" Kai tried to say but I interrupted him.

 

“Look, I put myself in this situation so I know what I’m getting myself into, remember?” I pointed my own spoon to myself that I had been mixing the rice with over the pan. “I’m a big girl now. I can handle myself, okay?”

 

Kai shook his head looking back at the food. “Soo Jung. Soo Jung. Soo Jung… I don’t know what to do with you…”

 

“Just—trust me okay?” I said out loud, without really thinking about what it would mean for Kai to hear those words. I looked a peek from the corner of my eye and saw him pause over the omelet he just flipped in his pan. Trust. Did I ever ask him to trust me before? In all our years of our friendship did I ever really—

 

**DING**

 

“HYUNG!!” “OPPA!” The twins shouted in unison. I turned around and saw what the commotion was about and my heart skipped a beat: Sehun was home. He was also embracing the twins in his arms. What’s a better combo than a hot guy holding kids in his hands? Nothing. But, just as fast as my heart skipped a beat….it gained its pace back quicker seeing to who was following behind him: His mother.

 

And yes, Kai was still here.

 

“Omo, well who is this young fellow here?” Mrs. Oh looked at Kai who was in the kitchen right next to me. Sehun looked over and the grin on his face sort of disappeared upon seeing either the mess or Kai in the kitchen. I’m guessing more of the Kai factor here…

 

“Uhm, my name is Kim Jongin, but I go by the name of Kai.” Kai bowed his body out of respect and a sting silence followed. Probably because I was in the middle of a staring battle between Suits and him right at the moment.

 

“Kai. Yes…Now, may I ask…who exactly are you to Krystal?” Mrs. Oh raised a brow. Oh god, she didn’t think I was cheating on her son now did she?! Kai looked at me. Sehun looked at me. I looked at Mrs. Oh straight in the eyes. The key to lying well was to always keep eye contact.

 

“Kai. Oh well, Kai is—“I looked at Kai. “He is our Manny.” I looked back at Mrs. Oh who looked a bit taken back from my word choice.

 

“Manny?” The three of them chorused together. I nodded looking between the three of them.

 

“Yes. Kai is the twin’s MAN nanny.” I nudged him on the shoulder. “Aren’t you Kai?”

 

Kai opened and closed his mouth multiple times. I gave him the “don’t you trust me look?” with my eyes. I heard a sigh escape from his lips, as he slightly shook his head, opening his mouth again.

 

“Yes. I am the twin’s—Manny.”