Entry 31

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies

“FINALLY! GOD COULD YOU ANSWER EARLIER!!” Amber’s loud voice exclaimed, her actions following her loud voice. “TELL US WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.”

 

“Huh? Us?” I scratched my head as I lifted my head off the pillow to get a better look of who she meant by “us.” I decided to sit up to look closer at the screen. It turns out that Kai was right beside her along with the other three EXO guys.

 

“Soo Jung ahhhh!” Suho, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun waved at me through the video message.

 

“Hey you guys!” I waved back, yawning. “Sorry for answering your Skype call so late…I immediately knocked out last night after I came from the after party and all—“

 

“THE LAST TEXT I GOT FROM YOU STATED THAT YOU WON FIRST PLACE AND THAT YOU MET SEHUN!” Amber shouted.

 

“YES PLEASE EXPLAIN!” Kai and the other guys shouted as well.

 

“Is everybody shouting or am I still hungover?” I tied my hair in a bun and closed my eyes beginning to explain the events that occurred last night. “So basically, my group won first place and we received our award from Suits.”

 

“AND?!” The other side of the world asked in anticipation.

 

I shrugged. “I mean that’s it. We shook hands, smiled at each other, and took pictures. Afterwards he left the stage so we could bask in the spotlight and—“

 

“Hold up hold up…” Chanyeol put his hands up to stop me mid-sentence. “So Sehun just left like that without—“

 

“Let her finish first Chanyeol!” Baekhyun hit him on the back of the head.

 

I laughed. “Actually, I was just going to say, that after the stage thingy, I never saw him again.”

 

“WHAT!?” The other side erupted.

 

“You’re lying right?” Kyungsoo pointed out.

 

“Yeah, I mean he must’ve said something more to you then congrats on the win or whatever” Suho added in.

 

“Well, he did say that he sees big hopes for my future as a designer.” I also recalled from my vague memories being blocked due to the side effects of a hangover. “To be honest, if he doesn’t want to acknowledge our past together, then so be it! I don’t care! And if he does try to come at me, then well, he'll to be so sad…I’ve moved on without him!”

 

Amber and the boys looked amongst each other, a little skeptical about what I had told them. Did I not seem convincing enough for them? I mean, okay, I do have to admit that seeing Sehun last night stirred up something…But, it was probably the nerves and that “oh I haven’t seen you in person for so long” kind of feeling. Not that I generally missed him…

 

“You know what I find ironic?” Kai broke the silence.

 

“What?” We all asked him. It was rare for Kai to use such words like that, let alone, know how to use it.

 

“That Sehun is getting a divorce with his wife right? Plus, the same weekend he comes to judge the contest that YOU participated in…” Kai pointed at me. “I find it a bit suspicious if you ask me…”

 

“Kai. He owns Oh! Fashion Industries…One of the prestigious fashion labels in the world. Of course it makes sense that he judges it” I retorted back.

 

“Yeah, but if I know him like I know him… He’s up to something.” Kai started combing his fingers through his imaginary beard.

 

“Why are you taking his side anyways?” Baekhyun asked swatting Kai’s hands off his chin.

 

“I thought you said you hated the little rat for stealing your girl from you” Chanyeol laughed as he messed with Kai’s hair. The other boys started to and call him names while Amber and I just rolled our eyes.

 

“Kai does have a point though Soo Jung” Amber said. “I mean, it is ironic that all this is happening at once.”

 

“I’m not going to think anymore of it though. What happens, happens and his actions towards me last night showed otherwise.” I shrugged. “Besides, I searched up the rumor of his wife and him getting a divorce and it is what it is: a rumor. No statement has been made by Oh! Fashion Industries so there.”

 

“Ohhhh so you looked up the rumor, huh?” Kyungsoo nudged Suho who was giving me an eyebrow wiggle. The boy’s started to “ohhh” and this time Amber joined in on their antics.

 

I rolled my eyes trying to hide my guilty self. “Yah! I just wanted to state facts and call out lie or truth. It’s not like it means anything!”

 

“Sure it doesn’t...” Suho and the boys added in more playful teasing noises and I just shook my head.

 

“Soo Jung!!” I heard my sister’s voice come out from the intercom from my ceiling. “Soo Jung please come to the foyer…NOW.”

 

“Well, I guess that’s my cue to leave…” I waved at the screen smiling. “I’ll Skype with all of you soon okay? I miss you!” I blew them kisses.

 

“Come back to Korea soon okay?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Yeah! We’re sick and tired of hearing Kai whine about you not being here” Baekhyun said side eyeing Kai for his reaction.

 

“Hey!” Kai stood up and Baekhyun ran away laughing. Kai sat back down again. “I don’t whine…”

 

“Anymore…” Kyungsoo whispered under his breath chuckling. Kai looked at Kyungsoo and was ready to get up until Kyungsoo stood up first. Kai shriveled back a bit into his seat afraid to take on the smaller guy.

 

“Tell Soo Yeon noona that we miss her and the twins as well” Suho added into the goodbyes.

 

“Oh yeah! And tell Sehun I said hi too!” Amber joked. The boys started laughing and before I could reprimand her for her joke, she immediately ended the Skype call leaving me just to shake my head smiling.

 

“SOO JUNG!!” My sister’s voice came from the intercom again. I rolled my eyes and got off my bed to head downstairs.

 

“What is it that you need from my sister dear?” I asked as I walked down the stairs. My sister was in the foyer wrapped in a bathrobe and was wearing her fuzzy pink slippers; she was holding a package in her hand.

 

“So apparently somebody left this for you with the doorman downstairs” Soo Yeon explained as she handed me the box. I looked at the plain brown box: sender or recipient  or card anywhere.

 

“Are you sure this is for me?” I asked as I began to shake the box trying to figure out what it was. “I mean, I didn’t order anything online…

 

“When I came in last night, the doorman handed it to me saying someone dropped it off for you.”

 

“Did he say who?”

 

Soo Yeon shook her head. “Nope. He just told me a guy dropped it off stating it was a present for Miss Krystal Jung.”

 

I nodded my head. “Huh, maybe it’s my winnings from last night?” I began tearing the paper off the package. Once the gift-wrap was torn off, there was another plain brown box to open. I opened that brown box and it was a smaller box inside of it.

 

“Okay, it turns out to be one of those ‘there is a smaller box inside of me’ cases…” She took her cup of coffee and started to climb up the stairs. “Meanwhile, I will be prepping myself and the kids for a little brunch with Ahren!” She stopped in the middle of the staircase. “Want to come?”

 

I shook my head as I yet encountered another box inside the previous one. “Nahh, I think I’ll just stay here and get to the bottom of this.” I shook my box. “Get it? Bottom of this… This is—“

 

“Yes, yes Soo Jung I get it. Har de har har—“ Soo Yeon faked laugh all the way upstairs leaving me downstairs to figure out what was in this box. Why would someone do this to me? I sat down on the floor amidst all the boxes and gift-wrapping paper around me.

 

“I bet this is a prank from Amber and them…” I shook my head as I opened a box to yet ANOTHER box. “Or maybe Mark and Olivia? I knew those two were up to something last night when—“ I opened the next box and to my surprise it was not a box. I had finally reached the end of my box-opening journey.

 

“OH! OH! I GOT IT!” I shouted out loud to myself in excitement as I shook the very last box in my hand! I gave myself a pat on the back. “You go girl!”

 

I flipped the last box over and something in a rectangular form dropped on the floor. I picked up the bubble wrapped item and without even have to take off the wrap I immediately recognized what it was.

 

My diary.

 

I quickly ripped off the bubble wrap and unraveled the book. It had been so long since I had seen the thing… how did this even find me? Who was the person who brought this to me? I began flipping through the inside of the pages to take a peek and see if there was some kind of a clue…But instead I found more entries.

 

Entries that weren’t mine. 

 

I began to read the first entry that came after my very last entry…

 
Date:  June 1, 2014
Entry  #31
Location Oh! Private Jet 
 
Dear—Soo Jung’s—diary, 
First off, I’m sorry that I’m writing in your diary. It’s just…I needed a place to vent all my feelings, and due to recent events… This is the only
way I can do it.
 
Because, you’re not here anymore. 
 
Soo Jung, I could go on and say how mad I am at you. How upset I am at you. To get up and leave me like this. But, I won’t. I won’t because
reading your past entries, I found out why you did what you did. It took me a while to really understand WHY, but now I get it… You wanted to
protect me. And hopefully by the time you get this diary, you understand why I did what I did: disconnecting all contact from you even though I
knew where you would be. 
 
It was to protect you. 
 
As much as I wanted to run after you and pull a scene from the movies (where the guy runs after the girl at the airport and vice versa) I had to
stop myself from doing so. Because I realized something when I noticed that it wasn’t you smiling at me walking down that aisle… 
 
I love you. 
 
And to love a person, means that you have to sacrifice certain things for a better future. Well, this is my sacrifice. I will give my all to work out
this marriage with this woman who is now my wife so that I can take over the company well. Once that’s done, I will build the company up to a
bigger empire than Korea or the world has ever seen. After everything is settled under my name… 
 
I will come back for you. 
 
I’m going to prove to you how much I value myself. That I’m not afraid anymore. I’m not afraid of myself. I won’t be afraid to truly express
myself to you. Because I party believe that the reason you took the deal and left me was because I didn’t make it clear. I didn’t state the feelings I
should have before. 
 
That I can’t imagine a life without you anymore. 
 
Was there even a life before you? 
 
All I remember was the same routine: Travel. Work. Party. Home. Repeat. I don’t remember the last time I had a date with a proper girl. I don’t
remember the last time I went shopping for any other reason then to impress a client. I don’t remember the last time I hung out with friends. I
don’t remember the last time I played with little kids. 
 
But I do remember that I did all that with you. 
 
You changed my life Soo Jung. 
 
Who knew I would long for that smile? For that laugh? For that face to be near mine again? For that secure hand that would fit perfectly into
mine? For that stupid thing you did with your face when you were hungry? For that little dance you did when you needed to use the restroom?
For that look you had after we kissed? 
 
I miss it all Krystal. I miss you so much Soo Jung.  
 
Are you doing fine in New York? Are you eating well? Are you enjoying 5th Avenue? School? From the news I get from your professors, you’re
doing well in your classes. They suggested that by the time the “Students NYC Fashion’s Week” contest comes along, you’ll be the leading
designer. That’s how well you’re doing without me, eh? While I sit here on my private jet listening to my mother snoring oh so loudly? Who by
the way, I have a feeling misses you a bit. I hear her also talking to the headmaster at the university on her private cell phone to check up on you
as well… She’s keeping tabs on you just as if you were her own daughter.

The writing stopped. I wiped the tears from my face to read the next entry. 

 
Date:  July 16, 2014
Entry  #45
Location Convenience Store 
 
Dear Diary, 
Today I ate a bowl of Ramen noodles from that convenience store we ate at before with your friend…Sulli? She says she misses you.
 
 
Date: August 17, 2014
Entry  #57
Location "Suits" office (what a cute little nickname for myself.) 
 
Dear Diary, 
Today I ordered coffee at the Oh! Café. They have a new employee who isn’t nearly as pretty as you are…She’s sweet though and gives me free
cookies. So I guess I can’t complain too much? 
 
 
Date:  August 20, 2014
Entry  #60
Location Suit's Car
 
Dear Diary, 
I ran into that friend at the department store you hated. She now works at the Pizza place as a cashier and is forced to wear a pizza shaped hat,
apron, and has little pizza stickers even on her shoes. You would have loved the look on her face when she saw ME pick up my pizza. 

As I began to read through more entries, I realized that they were just little things of whatever reminded him of me. Plus, the occasional moments where he would just vent about life in general (aka his apparently of a wife.) Judging by the dates, this went on for the past year/year and a half, and it felt like I had traveled that missing time with him. It was as if I didn’t miss a thing..That I was beside him this whole time… 

 

I came to the last few pages and realized that the date was more recent.

 

As in last night recent. 

 
Date:  December 16,2017
Entry  The Last Entry
Location The MET steps
 
Dear Diary, 
I saw you last night. 
 
Finally after all these years, I saw you again. 
 
Soo Jung.
 
You looked beautiful and radiant as ever. 
 
Seeing you mingle with your friends. Seeing your designs come down the catwalk, I could only smile and imagine the look on your face seeing
your own designs in the flesh. Seeing you win first place and getting an award from me… Well, that was priceless. 
 
I could already tell that you realized I was there. I could already tell that you were upset that I was there in the first place. (Don’t think I didn’t
see you and your sister talking outside on the MET steps in the cold weather. Really Soo Jung, fashion is a statement but its cold as balls outside
last night. A parka jacket wouldn’t ruin your style. Unless you really wanted to avoid me that much.) 
 
By reading my own past entries (there, now we’re even. You read my entries and I read yours.) You can probably guess why I’m here. Why I’m
REALLY here. 
 
I’m here to take you back. 
 
As Krystal. As Soo Jung. 
 
As the same person I fell in love with three years ago. 
 
I understand if you’ve moved on. I won’t be mad at you. Actually, I’m honestly expecting that you won’t come back to me. After all I put you
through, I expect that you’ve gotten over me and actually have a better man beside you then I ever was to you. (I first guessed it was the guy
with the hipster glasses, until I saw him give me googly eyes and knew THAT was a totally wrong assumption.) Besides, after last night’s win, I’m
guessing you’re already getting a lot of love calls already so you might not even be thinking of me at the moment. 
 
Then again, you are reading this entry, so I must’ve crossed your mind at this point. 
 
No matter if you choose to accept my love or not, just know that I’ll always be there for you like you were there for me. If I was given a chance to
start over again, I’d do it again. 
 
Even with all the lies. Cause you know what they say… 
 
I guess sometimes you have to lie to find the truth. 
 
Yours always and truly, 
Suits.
 
PS If you’re wondering how I obtained this diary… You left it in the rental car the night we came back from your parents place, and the worker
gave it back to me. I was originally going to send it back to you, but this is the last piece of you I have. 

“UNNIE…” I shouted standing up with shaky legs like a new born baby deer learing to walk. “UNNIE I NEED YOU NOW!”

 

“I’m coming! I’m coming!” My sister looked over the banister of the stairs still in her robe, but now had her makeup done and hair in rollers. “What is it!?”

 

“Suits!!” I exclaimed as I turned around to her to show her the diary in my hands. “H-he wants to take me back…”

 

“WHAT!?” Soo Yeon exclaimed as she started running down the stairs. She finally jumped from the last step and placed both hands on my shoulder shaking me. “HE WHAT?!”

 

I opened the pages of his own entries and my sister started to read them. “All this time, HE had my diary… And he wrote in it. About me…” I fell down to the floor shaking my head in disbelief in a mess of tears. “He said he loves me Unnie. Even to this day he wants to get back together and—“

 

“Soo Jung…” She kneeled in front of me pulling me into a comforting, sister hug. “Go.”

 

I pulled away from her embrace looking at her. “What? Go?”

 

She nodded. “Look, you don’t have to completely run into his arms fully accepting him back into your life. He deserves a proper explanation of what happened three years ago.” She placed a hand on top of my head rubbing it. “Besides, I know somewhere in the back of your head you have some spark of hope as well.” She poked my forehead playfully. “Do you want to find out whether you want to extuinguish it or turn it into a flame?”

 

I smiled. “Thanks Unnie.” I entrapped her into a hug giving her a kiss on top of her head. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”

 

Soo Yeon nodded her head then sighed. “So, what now?”

 

“Uhm…I’ll see him…” I looked at the last entry once more to see if he left a location or date or any time. “But, problem is...I don’t exactly know how to find him—“

 

“Oh! Look!” Soo Yeon picked a small card off the floor and began reading it. “It’s a business card of Oh! Fashion Industries New York Headquarters and--” I took the card from her immediately and started dashing up the stairs. “Yah! Soo Jung!”


Author's Note

Sorry I couldn't post this fast enough! Got busy with school and all, y'all know the drill. 

Thanks for your patience & hope you come around for the VERY LAST CHAPTER!! :D 

Don't forget to like and comment (: