Entry 03

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies
 
Date:  March 31, 2014
Entry  #03
Location Oh! Café
 
Dear Diary, 
Today is my first day on the job. Phew. Wow. Why am I so nervous? I mean… I’ve had many “first day on the job” jitters before.
Maybe, its because that I’ll be working for Oh! Fashion  Industry. (I know I keep stressing that part, but honestly it's really the only
goof thing about this job. Other than, well, making money.) I'm not exactly a part of the design team, but it still has Oh! in front of
the name so it must mean something right? Plus I may be serving them too so I can weasel may way in somehow... 
 
Anyways, yes. Today is my first day on the job and I am sitting here waiting. Waiting for Kai’s cousin, Luna, to guide me through a
regular workday. I’ve been studying the recipes of various drinks in the café, Amber and the rest of EXO helping me out by
pretending to be customers. (Remind me never to take such bizarre orders from them. They were making up drinks on the spot
causing me to go into beserko mode since I was hurting my brain over nothing.)
 
Now, I’m just sitting here at one of the tables in front of the café waiting. The building itself is so… wow. Like, honestly, with me still
in my school uniform and entering such an establishment you can bet I felt intimidated. Good golly, (Did I really just say good golly?
Wow.) I’m sitting in this chair feeling so out of place of all the nicely dressed employees taking a coffee break right now. I could feel
their eyes wandering over me, probably thinking that I’m a lost girl or maybe a girl waiting for her parent at work orrrrr I could just
tell the truth and say I will be working here. Serving coffee. To you. 
 
Not in an “in your face” way like that said. More of a “yeah, I’ll be working here! Making your coffee!” (Inserts cheesy smile that hurts
face all day here) 
 
When I told Unnie that I got this job, she was very excited for me. She and I particularly enjoyed all their products and magazines,
getting almost all our fashion inspirations from Oh! Fashion Magazine. Sometimes, when we had time (which was once in a blue
moon) we would dress up in similar outfits that we saw in the magazines and then take photo shoots of ourselves with our instant
film camera thingys then put it in our fashion scrapbook that we kept. Sounds stupid, but hey, we have to make the best out of
everything right? Cause when the going gets tough, the tough get going… 
 
That makes sense in this situation right?

“Jung Soo Jung?” I turned my head up to look at the voice speaking to me. Kai’s cousin give me a welcoming grin and a small bow, I did the same.

 

“Luna-ssi! Thank you so much for the opportunity!” I said taking her hand in mine.

 

“It’s no problem! I really should be thanking you and the little booger called my 'cousin'.” She motioned me to come and follow her. I gathered my diary and pen into my backpack, and followed behind her footsteps.

 

 “When Kai told me he was worried about you losing your job and all, I just HAD to take you in.” She brought me to the tiny break room at the back of the storefront. “He would not shut up about it, until I finally agreed to give you a try.” Luna handed me a uniform that consisted of black jeans with a matching belt, a maroon collared shirt, and a black half apron. “Here, put this on then come back so we can get the shift started. Show you around the ropes and all.” She pointed at the door. “Restroom's on 1st floor behind the receptionist desk.”

 

I nodded my head. I put my stuff in the designated locker that Luna pointed out that would be mine, then left the store heading to the restroom. Once in the restroom, I took the first stall that was open and locked myself in there after passing by two employees gossiping near the sink.  They were dressed in such nice clothing, I felt like I didn’t have the class to look them in the eye. Phew, well, at least I can change and look somewhat like a proper employee from her. I hung the clothes on the hanger and looked around the white pristine stall around me. Wow, even the restrooms looked intimidating…

 

“So, apparently Oh Sehun is backkkk!” I heard one of the ladies say. I heard a zip and a pop of a cap open as I started to my school uniform.

 

“Oh my god…Really?? No way! I thought he was living in Paris? Or was it Rome? Or wait—“ The other girl with her started. I pulled on the maroon shirt over my head.

 

“Who cares where he came from? What matters is that he’s here in Korea again, working at this building, andddd…” I heard smooch noises as if she had just applied lipstick. “He’s singleee!” I started to pull down my skirt and put on my black jeans, one foot at a time.

 

“Ugh, that y motherer could still be seeing someone and I’ll allow him to get in my pants.” Both girls giggled. I rolled my eyes as I zipped and buttoned my jeans.  Slootskie much sister?

 

“Yeah, though he has a cold look and barely speaks… I think it could still be used to my advantage if I ever had him.” I tucked my shirt into my jeans before putting the belt on. Did these ladies not have respect for themselves?

 

“How Unnie?” Yeah. How Unnie????

 

“Well, he could be my arm candy and he wouldn’t say anything to me as I spend all his money shopping of course!” The both of them shrieked in laughter leaving me to shake my head at the disappointing words as I tied the apron around my waist. Who knew that their were still people like that in the world?

 

I heard the tapping of their heels and the door squeak open signaling that they had left. I opened the stall and went straight to the sink to wash my hands and splash some water on my face. I took a breathe while looking at myself in the mirror before gathering my school uniform in my arms. I can’t believe I was going to have to serve those kinds of people here…  And by “those kind of people”, I mean like the two gossiping ladies and this “Oh Sehun” guy. 

 
Date:  March 31, 2014
Entry  #03
Location Oh! Café (Breakroom)
 
First day of work went pretty smooth today. I mean there isn’t actually much work to do considering how I come in right after the
lunch rush has passed. Meaning, I would be serving the hard workers who work past lunch or the late night workers who want to
catch a quick coffee break before working through the night. I would have to do this 5 nights a week, and a short shift on Saturday
mornings when the café delivers coffee orders to the "end-of-the week" meetings. The only thing that about this job: the fact
that I have  to close the shop--

“Hello?” A voice called out from the storefront. "Hello is anybody there?" I stopped writing, putting my pen down and stood up from my chair readjusting my uniform. “It’s only 10 minutes before closing time so I know you should still be open. If not, then I really need to talk to your manager.”

 

I pursed my mouth, pushing my lips out and scrunching my eyebrows together. Jeez man, calm down… Somebody needs to slip a little happy juice into his drink… I tied my hair up in a ponytail and opened the door expecting an old, cranky man standing at the cash register, but instead I get the one guy I did not expect to see.

 

“Mr. Suit…” I whispered in awe just standing there watching him look at his phone. I saw him flinch his head up and I turned around to face the door. What the hell was Mr. Suit doing here?! Oh my god… Did he work here?! , , … You know what Soo Jung? Just breathe.

 

“What would you like to order?” I asked out loud hoping he heard me.

 

“A large Hazlenut Coffee with two shots of caffeine and whip cream” he replied without questioning my odd stance.

 

“Oh, uhm, yes sir…coming right up!” I nodded my head slowly then shuffled sideways to the ingredients to get his drink started. I had to keep my face unseen. What if he recognizes me from school? Or the convenience store? Would he think of me as some sort of a stalker? Nu-uh. I just got this job. I was NOT going to ruin this by having a restraining order and police report on my first day on the job. I must stay unseen!

 

I let my hands naturally pour, measure, and mix the things that needed to be done for the request. Everything was eerily silent except for the machinery being used here and there; I took a peek over my shoulder and Mr. Suit was standing there still on his phone. I breathed a sigh of relief, so he wasn’t interested in me. Phew, actually of course not…why would he be? I was just any other employer like him…or of his. Either way we were both under Oh! Fashion Industry so I guess we were sort of on the same playing field.

 

As soon as his drink was finished, I walked backwards towards the cashier placing the drink on the counter without turning around. “Here’s your drink sir…” I crooked my head a bit and saw his hand holding out his Employee ID card while his eyes were still on the screen of his phone. I blindly waved my hand behind me, praying I could do this without having to face him. I suddenly felt a jerk of something plastic in my hand; Yes! Bingo! I got the card! Now to slide it into the system… this was one thing I had to turn around in order to look at the monitor and confirm the purchase. I looked at the corner of my eye and saw a black cap hanging on the hook underneath the register.

 

I put the cap on, keeping my head down, looking nowhere else but the screen in front of me. As I slid the card down the reader, I saw a familiar name flash on the screen including a picture of the employer. My eyes did a double take at the screen looking at the card then the screen again and again… No way… this guy… this guy was THE Oh Sehun that the girl’s were talking about?! Not only that… but his position in the company… CEO?! I dropped the card in shock making me dodge down to the ground quickly staying there longer then possible.

 

The guy behind this counter is one of the freaking CEOs of this company! Oh my god, oh my god…holy mother of all s! This was the same guy who broke up with Miss Kwon!? The same guy that got a picture of my backpack?! Wait… the picture of my backpack… he’s CEO of a fashion company… does that mean he—

 

“Miss?” His voice spoke up. I cringed as I reminded myself how he was still standing there waiting for his card. I picked up the card with my hand and then lifted it above my head to slide it across the counter.

 

“Here you go Mr. Oh… e-enjoy your coffee!” I croaked. I felt the card slip out of my fingertips, but no steps telling me that he was gone yet. Or maybe, his shoes didn’t make that noise? But, pssht that’s impossible because he was wearing $500 Gucci Loafers; it should be loud as hell walking down these tiled floors. Because you know what they say… the louder the shoe the more expensive it is. And so far, I heard nothing.

 

“Are you okay down there?” He asked hearing little creaks and cracks from the counter. He must be trying to look over the counter. “You didn’t hurt yourself, did you?”

 

“Oh no! No! Of course not!” I stood up quickly suddenly bumping my head hard on the edge. I held both my hands on the top of my head cursing under my breath.

 

“Oh… that looked like it hurt…” I saw his face trying to bend down to look at my own but I tilted my head lower. “You should put some ice on that.”

 

“Thank you for the advice Mr. Oh…” I bowed as many times as possible starting to walk backwards. “I’ll do that right now! Have a good night!” I quickly turned towards the door bumping into the hard wood, causing my hat to fall off. I heard a chuckle on the other side of the counter then footsteps finally leaving the premises. I looked over my shoulder after a few minutes and saw the infamous Oh Sehun take the elevator up. As soon as he was gone, I opened the door to the employee room, practically running to my diary.

 

 
Date:  March 31, 2014
Entry  #03
Location Oh! Café Breakroom
 
Diary. You won’t believe this…but you know that guy from the restaurant & the one who broke up with my teacher & took a picture
of my backpack!? Well…HE WORKS AT OH! FASHION INDUSTRY. Not only that but he is a freaking CEO… 
 
Cheif
Executive
Office
aka the highest postition in the company. 
aka he is DA BOSS OF ALL.
 
First of all, why was I so nervous about him recognizing me? I mean, I was nothing to him so I shouldn’t care. He probably has
millions of girls, like the employees from the restroom, under his eye already. I was just the girl who served him coffee. Pssht, I
shouldn’t care if he recognizes me or not. I mean, I was acting as if I did something wrong. I really shouldn’t be the one scared of
him… It should be the opposite… (Honestly, I have no idea what I’m saying…I’m just in shock that I had to see that guy again like
this… & the days I work here.) 
 
You know what? Whatever. That shouldn’t stop me from enjoying work here all right?? You are here for the money Soo Jung! $$$
Remember that!! You are here to work & earn money & possibly (crazily) think I will get a promotion to work in one of the
departments. 
 
Okay, you know what…I’ve gone totally looney. 
 
Okay, I’m looney for using the word “looney.” 
 
I’ll stop now…