Entry 10

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies
 
Date:  April 22, 2014
Entry  #10
Location School Library
 
Dear Diary, 
Can I just say that I am utterly, completely, totally screwed now. Why? 
 
Because Unnie woke up earlier then expected. 
 
And because she woke up earlier then expected, she went to check on me in my room and instead of finding me asleep in my bed…
She found Sehun there, while I was drooling on top of my diary at my desk.
 
Surprisingly enough…she didn’t scream. 
 
Or use colorful curse words. 
 
Or do any kind of scary actions I thought she would. 
 
And you know what? 
 
THAT scared me the MOST. 
 
When Sehun woke up in my bedroom with Unnie staring over him, he immediately started apologizing for himself. Plus, he tried to
make up lies on why he was there but Unnie calmly (CALMLY, I know I was surprised too) told us that she knew what was going on.
Instead of pushing the subject forward, she called both of us to have breakfast. When Sehun was trying to refuse, saying he didn’t
deserve to stay, she forced him to sit at the table. Even then ,she didn’t even try to act rough or angry with him. 
 
Honestly, the whole time during breakfast was one big dream…. Soo Yeon was talking to Suits in the nicest manner, as if she was
trying to get to know him like he was my actual boyfriend. The twins were asking him questions here and there as well, and Suits
just sat there answering everything carefully, as if he was in a business meeting. (Yes even with the twins he acted like so.) I didn’t
know whether to insert myself into the conversation or not because I was having that “feeling”. Not that love-y dove-y my life is SO
perfect right now feeling…But, I mean that “Everything is so right, something is BOUND to go wrong in the next few minutes or so.” 
 
So far, nothing has gone wrong though. 
 
So far, everything is normal. 
 
So far—

**BZZT BZZT**

 

I put my pen down and looked at the text message that had just come through.

 

To: Soo Jung

From: Unnie

Buying meat today! So you better come home straight after work tonight! 

 

I sat there blinking at my screen a few times before the message was processed in my head. Meat!? Since when did we have enough money to buy meat!? I was about to text Soo Yeon back when another text came through.

 

To: Soo Jung

From: The Bank

$10,000 has been added to your bank account from Oh Sehun.

 

To: Soo Jung

From: The bank 

$500 was withdrawn from your bank account by holder Jung Jessica.

 

Now I sat there widening my eyes scanning the numbers over and over again in my head. 10,000!? As in a 10 hundred dollars!? I began to breathe heavily, fanning myself with the workbook I had been previously trying to work on before. After 2-3 weeks of being with Suits, I get paid that much!? I can’t remember the last time I saw so much money in my bank account…

 

“There you are Soo Jung!” I looked up and saw Amber peek her head from behind the door of the study room I was occupying. “I’ve been looking ALL over for you!” She walked in and placed herself in the chair across from me. I slyly put away my diary away with my notebooks, and pressed the “Home” button of my phone to exit out of my messages. “So this is where you’ve been hiding out, huh?”

 

“Mian-he” I apologized as I pulled my math workbook towards me, pretending to do a problem. “I’ve been here for most of my lunches since I have to finish as much homework as I can before I go to work.”

 

Amber nodded her head. “No need to apologize for that. We all know how much you work hard and to support your family.” She gave me a heartwarming smile. “Just know that if you need any help whatsoever, or just need a shoulder to lean on all of us are here for you.” She pointed at herself. “Including me.” She looked off in the distance. “And especially Kai…”

 

“Yah. You.” I pointed at her as she started to giggle. “Can you not?”

 

“Not what?” She asked failing to hide her smile.

 

“Kai and I are a ‘thing’”? I took a look at the first problem to seriously do…Nope. I closed my workbook. Maybe I should tell Amber…

 

“Oh come on… You two are so mommy and daddy with each other, there must be SOMETHING there.” Amber leaned in waving her hands everywhere. “Anything? At all?” She put two fingers close together. “Not even this much?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Amber…”

 

“Come on! You can tell me at least that much!” She emphasized her fingers again and I just slightly shook my head laughing at her.

 

“Okay, so what if he’s good looking?” I admitted shrugging. “Every other girl in school can testify to that.” EXO was naturally a lady killer group; even the boys knew it themselves, but they never seemed to overly flaunt it. Sure, during Valentine’s Day there would be a flood of chocolate boxes into their lockers and tables, but they never really acted on the confessions either. They’ve all had girlfriends before as well, but those never really turned out well for the “girlfriend”… Let’s just say that dating EXO is a safety hazard.

 

“You know… I’ve never seen you have a boyfriend before Soo Jung.” Amber put her feet on the table, leaning back in her chair.

 

I sighed. All right, here goes nothing…. “Amber, about that—“ I bit my lip fiddling with the end of my skirt. “What if I told you I already have a—well, boyfriend.” I shut my eyes and waited for the shrill screams of excitement or surprise. Nothing. I heard nothing…I opened one eye and realized that Amber was only sitting there, staring at me like I was some kind of a ghost. Right, I should have remembered that she doesn’t react like my sister.

 

“Does Kai know?” Amber questioned. Really? Those were the first words she was going to say to me? If Kai knew?

 

I nodded my head. “Yeah, he already met him…” Amber’s mouth closed. We sat their in quite a bit of silence before she said something again.

 

“Soo Jung…” She leaned in, looking deep in to my eyes, as if she was absorbing my orbs, and not in a romantic way either. “When I ask you this next question, don’t think that I’m judging you or anything all right? Just give me the truth.” I nodded my head. “Soo Jung-ah… Do you REALLY have a boyfriend?” I stood, completely still, as if time had paused inside the room. Should I lie to my best friend? No, no, no… I couldn’t. Not after all we’ve been through together… She wouldn’t react like my sister did anyways.

 

“No” I said so straight forward that it surprised myself. “Actually, it’s a long story…”

 

**DING DING DING**

 

The bell suddenly rang commencing that lunch period had ended, even though we were still here in the library. Instead of that “time had stopped” feeling, it was as if my life was put into “fast forward” mode now.  Amber helped me out, taking some of my textbooks in her arms as I grabbed my Diary and journal from the table. We ran out into the empty hall, spotting a few late goers themselves. Amber and I made it into the classroom right before the teacher came in. Once we got to our desks, I turned to her and we both smiled, laughing.

 

“Saved by the bell.” Amber slid my textbooks across to my desk “Don’t think I’ll forget what you just told me so easily.”

 

“Look, Amber…” I wasn’t going to let this go easily either. “Why don’t you come over to my work tonight and I’ll explain everything better then, okay?” I took my phone out. “I’ll text you the address and all, okay?” 

 

 
Date:  April 22, 2014
Entry  #10
Location Home
 
Okay, so as you can obviously tell…I’m at home now, and oh my lord, did I have a night. And when I mean “night” I mean NIGHT.
Like, okay, where do I even begin? 
 
First off, Amber came by tonight as planned. She stopped by the OFI building right on time, and met my manager and yada yada
yada that’s not the important part. The important part was that during my short break, I sat her down and told her everything. And
by everything I mean EVERYTHING. From the times I saw Sehun, to how I got into this mess, to everything that has happened lately…
I even read her some of my lies in my diary just to make it clear. Don’t see a problem yet? Well, after I told her everything Amber
said nothing. NOTHING. It’s not that she acted like it was nothing, because saying nothing for her means SOMETHING (get it?). Not
only did she say nothing, she got up and LEFT ME SITTING THERE ALONE. 
 
Now, I know what you’re thinking…Hey, that’s better than what Unnie did to you, huh? Uhm, honestly NO. I tried texting and calling
Amber but to no avail, got no response from her. I know she’s pissed. But, I mean, I tried to explain everything to her in the best
light. I mean, I wasn’t doing this for nothing you know! I was doing it for the money to help my family! You know, the “desperate
times call for desperate measures” quote? Yeah, that is literally my life, hanging on that quote. 
 
**sigh** You know what…Maybe I should just give her time and space you know? Like with Soo Yeon—
 
Speaking of Unnie!! She’s back to talking to me! And in the weirdest sense, she’s acting as if nothing happened between us. I knew it
had something to do with the extra cash in our account (dinner tonight was DAEBAK btw). I have to remind myself to tell Suits, thank
you for the extra cash deposit… You know what surprised me even more? That she asked me to invite Suits over for dinner. 
 
DINNER. 
 
Like, what is this…meeting the family stage now?? 
 
Honestly, we’ve only known each other for how long and I feel like everything Suits and I have done in our relationship should
take 2 years! Dating, moving in together, marriage, and children!? Like, I am in some deep water right now. How the HELL are we
supposed to do all that when I barely even know anything about him? Huh, now that I think about it, I’m getting pissed off at
myself for what I have done. You know, I haven’t had a boyfriend in so long, how could I jump back into the game like this? I feel
like maybe this  is a bad sign for future relationships…Will I rush things just as quickly? Will I really be able to feel again for love?
Will I even tell the truth about myself when all I’ve been telling are lies? 
 
I am seriously going to have to go into a psycho house after this little game is over—

**RING RING RING**

 

I quickly turned around from my desk and dove for my backpack. Dumping out the contents onto my bed, I scattered everything around until I spotted my cell phone. I immediately looked at the caller ID hoping it would be Amber but it was otherwise.

 

“What?” I answered the phone in my unhappy tone as I laid back on my bed, my head hitting the pillows.

 

“Well, hello to you too” Sehun said on the other line. “What’s wrong? You sound tired.”

 

“You try going to school, working, and pretending to be two different people at the same time.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Seems pretty normal for an 18 year old girl, huh?”

 

I sat up rolling my eyes. “Look, I’m not really in the mood to joke tonight so if you could just get to the point—“

 

“I sent you the drafts of the articles that will be running off the press tomorrow morning.” Sehun most definitely did get to the point. “Check them out tonight, and text me what you think okay?”

 

“You could have just texted me this information like you did with the links.” I felt the vibration on my cheek coming from my cell, a notification that the links have been messaged. “Is that all?”

 

“Really Soo Jung” He said my name, causing my insides to clench. “What’s wrong, huh?”

 

To tell him or not to tell him…that is the question… I started twirling the ends of my hair with my fingertips. I had no one else to talk to at the moment, so I mean, why not? Besides, talking will help relieve the stress PLUS he won’t even care. It would feel much better talking to a human being who pretends to listen than a stuffed bear who can’t listen. (Sorry, Mr. Boo Bear…)

 

“Look, I-I told someone about our relationship okay?” I began to say, suddenly feeling a bit nervous.

 

“So?” That was not the reaction I was expecting from him. Actually, wait yes it was because I didn’t want him to really care anyways. I was telling him out of my own benefit, letting things off my chest.

 

“Well, I mean I told my best friend about our ‘real’ relationship.” Obviously by “real” relationship I mean “fake.”

 

“How did she react?” Did Suits just ask me a question pertaining to my problems that was more than one word??

 

“She was completely silent and then got up and left.” Even recalling the moment kind of hurt to think back on. “Now she isn’t answering any of my calls or texts and I’m worried she might be mad at me.”

 

“Mad at you for what exactly?”

 

“That I’m going out with you.” Now that I think about it, Amber never really stated why she was angry at me…

 

“Look, just give her some time to herself all right?” Sehun suggested over the phone. “Obviously its not everyday that her best friend is in a ‘real’ relationship.” I laid back again on my bed taking in his words. Actually, his voice alone was like music to my ears. “If she really is your best friend you’ll hear her opinion soon. Maybe she didn’t want to tell you straight out because, well, she doesn’t know what to say and she doesn't want to hurt your feelings.”

 

“Thank you Psychologist Oh” I joked as I pulled my feet towards my , looking at my knees. Seriously, was Suits always like this? Giving advice and everything?

 

“Whatever. Just… give me a heads up when you’re done looking at the drafts…and ASAP.” Before I could thank him for the talk, he immediately ended the call. Rude, but I didn’t complain…Instead, I checked my text messages reading over the article.

 

OH! FASHION INDUSTRY HEIR & COMPANY MODEL DATING!?

Last night, around 9 o’clock, the heir of Oh! Fashion Industry was spotted in a certain neighborhood park for what seems like the date. The two were spotted in couple attire, and walked together to the nearby shopping district while enjoying each other’s company, and eating dinner; accompanied with laughs and lovey dovey eyes.

 

According to a few sources, this girl is actually the fresh-faced model for Oh! Bags & Accessories coming out this Summer. You can check her out in this months edition of Oh! Fashion Magazine in the 7 page spread of the new line. We have no insight on who this girl is or where she came from, but she definitely matches well with the Oh! FI Heir….

 

No word from the Oh! Fashion Industry itself on whether or not this confirmed.

 

I scrolled down the page to check the paparazzi shots that were taken from last night. Now that I looked at the pictures, I did look—good with Sehun. Surprisingly enough, it looked like the real thing even if the half the time I was calculating in my head my moves and the right time to do it. Sehun in pictures looked so amused and happy; most of his shots consisted of looking at me in a certain way with my back turned against him or my attention elsewhere. Did he really look at me like that because I was making him…feel a certain way? Or maybe (most likely) he was giving me that look because he knew that the paps were watching so he wanted to look like the “guy in love with his girlfriend”?

 

I shrugged it off, replying with an “ok” emojii before turning the screen off. I plugged it into the charger and placed it on the nightstand before lying down, again, to look at the ceiling. Now that I think about it, last night was actually pretty fun… It really did feel like a date in a sense and not so “set up” like he intended it too. Maybe he did that so I could be comfortable with him? Or maybe, he kind of forgot the whole set up thing and just thought of it as a real date with “SooJung” instead of “Krystal”?

 

I bit my lip thinking of such a thought. I won’t lie, I am completely over the moon right now. I mean, I just went out with THE Oh Sehun last night. AND he slept in my bed! (Well, not with me, but hey its close enough.) I flipped myself over to smell the leftover scent from what he was wearing last night; my pillow smelled of shampoo, cologne, and chicken… I sighed out loud closing my eyes….Who cares if this was a fake relationship? As long as I kept this up, I’ll enjoy every last bit of it as I can… With or without the money. 


Author's Note

Long time no see, eh? Well, I'm officially on Summer Break now & will try to update this story ASAP since I'll be heading on a road trip sooonnnn. 

My wonderful editor is doing a fantastic job editing (& catching many plot questions that I have never seen before) so thank her for the fast, easy updates! #YourTheRealMVP 

All right, here we go... To the new & the old readers... Look out for more chapters of DIGL!!

 

PS SEHUN GOT MORE THAN E-X-O IN "LOVE ME RIGHT"