Entry 16

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies
 
Date:  April 27, 2014
Entry  #16
Location Sehun's House
 
Dear Diary, 
When Sehun said we’re going “home.” I expected this to happen. Really, I did. I just didn’t expect THIS to happen: 
 
Inviting EXO and Amber for dinner to tell them the whole truth.
 
Well, okay, so Amber already knows so she’s basically there for support…But, still. I have to tell not just one person…but four more
people. And the one I’m worried about most? 
 
Kai. 

“Yah…” I felt a sort of fabric cover my eyes, obscuring my vision. The hell?… I closed my diary then lifted off the thing that was thrown onto my face. Looking around his bedroom I was about to give Suits a lesson on throwing things at people, when I realised he stood with his back to me.

 

His .

 

With only a towel wrapped around his lower half.

 

Did I just my lips?

 

“HEY!” I exclaimed out loud, taking the same thing thrown at me and covering my eyes. “HELLO! LADY IN THE HOUSE HERE!!”

 

“What? I told you I would be in the shower didn’t I?” Sehun said in a non-chalant way as I heard drawers and doors opening and closing. “But, I guess you really were asleep, huh?”

 

“You don't say!” I kept my hands over the cloth on my eyes. RESIST. RESIST LOOKING. I can’t look. I shouldn’t look. It will poison my mind with dirty thoughts that I should NOT be thinking about till I’m married and—

 

“Really now, I’ve seen YOU half before.”

 

“Wait, WHAT!? WHEN!?” I shouted trying to “face” him, though I couldn’t see him.

 

“That time in the department store when you told me to look away while you were changing…well you must’ve forgotten that there was another mirror on the opposite wall so—“

 

“WHY YOU LITTLE —“ I stood up and stuck my hands out, eyes still closed, following the scent of his cologne so I could choke the living hell out of him. Before I could lay my hands around his puny neck, I felt someone take my wrists just as quick. I opened my eyes as I was jerked against a certain body mass. I looked up and Sehun had taken me in his arms…still half , but thankfully had pants on.

 

“You got me now…” He looked down on me as I tried to lean back to try and keep the distance between our faces. RESIST. RESIST. RESIST. “You were going to do what to me now?”

 

I tried to push him away, but his arm muscles were flexing now and oh my god I couldn’t. I can’t he’s just too…god. “Nothing. I will do nothing to you…” I pointed at the bed looking away. “Oh, well look at that dress, is that what I’m wearing? It’s nice and—“

 

I could hear Sehun chuckle and he finally let go of me. I started to walk towards the bed when I felt one of his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into his chest again. I held my breath so I wouldn’t have to inhale his intoxicating scent…

 

“I’ll be outside if you need me” Sehun whispered into my ear. “Don’t take too long. Our guests should be here soon…” He placed a kiss on my cheek and let me go, grabbing a button down on his way out the room. As soon as he shut the door I slapped the cheek he had kissed.

 

“Soo Jung. Krystal. Focus.” I rubbed my cheeks, breathing out through my mouth. “He just did that just to—to—“ I drew a blank. Why would he do that? Because I was Krystal now or Soo Jung? Soo Jung of course, cause it was my friends coming over…So then why would he?? Was he—Did he really—like me?

 

**BZZZT DING DONG**

 

I looked over at the monitor to see who it was and saw six familiar faces on the screen. ! They're here now!? I heard the “BZZT” of the door being opened and I ran towards the bed taking my clothes off hurriedly and slipping on the dress. Once I got the dress on, I tied my bed head hair up into a pony tail, and checked if I looked presentable—Who am I kidding? They’ve seen me at my worst.

 

I opened the door to Sehun in the living room greeting the guests. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled. Oh god, he looked good in those jeans and button down shirt like oh hot—

 

“Soo Jung!” Amber ran to me, putting an arm across my shoulder. “This is quite a place your fiancé has got here, huh?”

 

I nodded.  “Oh yeah, for sure.” Well, that was an understatement because Sehun’s place was as if I had jumped into the pages of a magazine: modern yet had this “home-y” feel. To be honest, that’s what I pictured my future place to look like.

 

“Okay, so I approve of this. Really, really approve of this.” Suho pointed around the place. He bowed to Sehun. “Thank you for inviting us to dinner Mr. Oh, sir.”

 

Sehun shook his head. “No, no, no please call me Sehun.” He looked at me. “Any friend of Soo Jung is a friend of mine.”

 

“Soo Jung? I thought her name was Krystal?” I heard Kai ask acidly. I looked at him, and he was the furthest from Sehun. He didn’t look too happy coming here, as expected, but I guess he came here more for me then him. I bet he was just as worried about me as Unnie was.

 

“Well, you all know her as Soo Jung, so it’d be weird to call her by her American name if you know her by so” Sehun answered without any hesitation. I heard Kai snicker as he walked past Sehun, as if he wasn’t there. I saw the guys nervously look at me and I could tell that with the tension between those two…That this was going to be a LONG night.

 

“Anyways, uhm…What are we having for dinner?” Chanyeol asked, to try and break the thick tension in the air.

 

“Yeah! Dinner!” Baekhyun chimed in, clapping his hands. “I hope the dinner is just as good as this place looks!” We all looked at him in confusion and he shrugged his shoulders. “Sorry, made sense in my head before I said it out loud.”

 

“I hope you all don’t mind... But, I ordered pizza and wings.” As if on cue, the door buzzed and the monitor showed the pizza guy was outside our door.

 

“I’m not complaining!” Amber put her hands up as if she was surrendering. “Food is food!”

 

“Agreed.” D.O smiled as he stuck his thumb up. As Suho and Chanyeol helped Sehun at the door, the rest of the party decided to move into the dining room. As I was heading there, Amber took me by my shoulders and pulled me in.

 

“Where did you go after the cafeteria scene?” Amber asked.

 

“Here. He brought me straight here and explained to me what was going to happen tonight.” Apparently, I was going to tell the truth about everything going on in a twisted truth version; one that made ME look like I wanted this “job” instead of him kind of “forcing” me into this job. As always, I was the one to take the responsibility for HIS actions. If anything, I felt like HE was the child and I the parent. But, that image of him earlier—that changed my POV once again.

 

“If you need help, just give me the look, all right?” Amber winked at me as she patted my shoulder. When we reached the dining room, Amber immediately went for a chair beside Sehun who was at the head of the table. Sehun jerked his head towards the seat next to his and I sat down at the location I was told to. Soon after, Kai was sitting next to me…

 

 

I discovered what being suffocated in tension felt like.

 

The various pizza and hot wing boxes were open and distributed. The soft drinks were poured into the plastic cups. Instead of this feeling like a high-class dinner like I had with his parents, this atmosphere actually felt lively and comfortable. For the first time, I saw Sehun interact with my friends as if he was one of the EXO boys himself. The whole table was either roaring in laughter or loud voices causing the nervousness from earlier to disappear. Even Kai was enjoying himself for a while, forgetting that he was in the “enemies lair.”

 

“So, Sehun…is what the press saying true?” Suho asked as he cleaned his hands with a napkin. “Is it really true that you’ve asked our Soo Jung for her hand in marriage?”

 

Silence. Stillness. The atmosphere had grown thick again; I could literally feel some kind of heat coming off Kai, unless that was just from all the hot wings he ate—

 

“Well, yes—“ Sehun looked at me. “—and no.” Oh no, this was it. This what I was fearing the most. Telling the guys the truth. Well, actually,no. A twisted truth.

 

A lie.

 

“No??” D.O asked, as he politely wiped his mouth off. The whole table looked between the both of us. Sehun nodded at me and I nodded back. All right, it was now or never I guess… I stood up from my chair. Here goes nothing…

 

I took a deep breathe. “Look, I have something to say about this—“

 

“You two aren’t really dating aren’t you?” Kai interrupted as he kept his eyes on Sehun. He stood up and towered over me a bit—wait, since when was he able to do that?? “You’re just using her aren’t you??”

 

I turned to Kai. “Kai, wait how did you—“

 

“Well, isn’t obvious?” Kai chuckled looking at me. “You never told us about him at all, if you really did like him, you would have wanting us to meet him earlier than this. Earlier then you two getting married, for our approval. What I’m wondering is…what’s HIS intention of using YOU. I’m pretty sure he has list of ladies to choose from to take your place—” He looked at Sehun. “Don’t you Sehun?”

 

Sehun stood up. Okay, great, now I had two people towering over me and I REALLY didn’t like being looked down upon. In fact, I didn’t like where this situation was going on period. “Okay, really now let’s just calm down…” I put my arms out between the both of them to create some space. I gave Amber the look, and she came straight to my rescue.

 

“Look, why don’t you two sit down so Soo Jung can explain what’s REALLY going on here, all right?” We all looked at the boys and neither of them wanted to follow her orders. Instead they kept standing and getting closer together, with me in the middle of it all.

 

“What are you trying to say, huh?” Sehun asked in a raspy voice. “Are suggesting that I am a man ?”

 

“Oh what, don’t tell me that you haven’t slept with hundreds of woman already with that pretty face.” Kai tsked. “I mean, your Oh Sehun. The most eligible bachelor in the world and can get any heart just like that.” Kai snapped his fingers.

 

“So what if I can?” It Sehun’s turn to smile. “Jealous that I could get Soo Jung just like that?” Now Sehun snapped his fingers. Kai’s smirk faded away and then he started to move forward pushing my arm away from him. The distance between Kai and Sehun began to get smaller, chaos beginning with a swing from Kai’s fist. Sehun pushed me out of the way and dodged the swing. Before he could make any kind of movement, Suho and Chanyeol were holding back Kai while Baekhyun and D.O were doing the same to Sehun. I on the other hand just stood there against the wall surprised at what had just happened.

 

“LOOK IF YOU ARE USING HER IN ANY WAY I SWEAR I WON’T LET THIS GO!” Kai shouted as he tried to pull away from the grip of Suho and Chanyeol. “ESPECIALLY IF THIS IS AGAINST HER OWN WILL AND—“

 

“STOP IT!” I shouted as I regained my conscious mind back. I looked between the both of them still trying to fight against the people holding them. I looked at Kai. “Kai. Stop this nonsense all right.” I looked at Sehun. “And YOU. Stop acting like a smart .” I looked back at Kai and took a deep breath. “Kai, he’s not using me.” I looked at Sehun. “I’m using him.”

 

“What?” Kai asked a little confused now. The other boys looked just as shocked and confused, while Amber could only shake her head. I closed my eyes and began creating the lie.

 

“The thing is when I began working at the coffee shop, the wage still wasn’t enough to help pay for a few bills and for school. So, when Sehun came around one night as a customer I knew his power in the company and I begged him for some help.” I bit my lip racking my head for how else I could make this seem convincing. So far the boys were buying it, but Kai wasn’t there just yet. “By taking my hand in marriage, I could have a steady income and not have to worry about any financial problems anymore.” Okay, so I skipped a few parts of the process and twisted the blame on me, so it was half a lie of a lie? Which makes this what? A Lie and a quarter? A half?

 

“So why the alternative “Krystal” character?” Suho asked out of curiosity.

 

“Because I have to make the work with my parents also. They wouldn’t want me marrying any woman off the street” Sehun chimed in making the lie seem a little more worthy. The rest of the boys seemed to understand now, but Kai seemed unchanged.

 

“You’re marrying him for the money?” Kai asked in disbelief. I thought he would ask more questions to clear up his own thoughts, but instead said a statement. “I never took you to be one of those gold diggers, Soo Jung...”

 

“KAI!” The rest of the boys and Amber looked at him surprised at what he had just said. I stood there looking at him blankly with no words. Not because I was angry at him for dissing me, but because he was right. I had become the type of person I didn’t want to become from the beginning…Those ladies in the restroom from the first day of work.

 

I was a gold digger.

 

I didn’t know anything about Sehun. All I came to know about him was things I could learn off of a biography list. I didn’t know anything about HIM. I didn’t know his favorite color. His aspirations. His goals. His childhood. What he wants to do and be in the future. None of that…and sure I asked myself about these things before, but did I really care about asking him? About finding the time to know all this? To care about something other than his looks and his money?

 

Before I could react, I heard a grunt then saw a fist swing past, right in front of my eye. Processing the scene that had happened before me… Sehun has punched Kai square in the jaw.

 

So THIS was the Hollywood epiphany that was coming all along then, huh?


Author's Note

Sorry for the SUPER late updates! I've been on vacation & am now currently in summer school. *le cries* My wonderful editor though has already edited many chapters so that should make the updates easier :D 

All right, until next time!!