The Last Entry

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies

“So, I mean, what are you going to do now?”

 

I shrugged. “Honestly, I’m just sitting on the park bench right now looking at the building as we speak.”

 

“And?”

 

“I want to go in there and give him a piece of my mind.”

 

“Then why don’t you do it?”

 

“Because.”

 

“Because what?”

 

I sighed shaking my head as if Kai could see my actions. “Because I don’t know if I’m ready to take him back.”

 

A few minutes ago on the cab ride here, I was all heave-ho onto walking right in there, demanding a meeting with Oh Sehun, then give him an all around ‘ YOU WHY YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME!? AND RIGHT AS I WAS JUST GETTING OVER YOU!’ But, then as I slowly started approaching the fashion district, that feeling from earlier, when I was reading the diary, slowly approached my senses again. Maybe because I am THIS close to seeing him face to face again that I was reacting this way.

 

“Well, at least you know that you won’t go in there and get rejected” Kai pointed out.

 

“Really? Now?” I said over the phone. “Kai! I am so serious right now—“

 

“Sorry. But really though, this isn’t any easier on me then it is for you right now, you know…”

 

I paused. “Wait, Kai I—I’m confused.” I don’t want to sound like a selfish brat right now, but I thought we were talking about me right now? How did this affect him in any sort of way what so ever?

 

“Soo Jung, look. I can’t express how many times I’ve told you this, but you know I like you right?” Oh. Right. Kai likes me. And to hear me almost willing to take back the man that, technically, left me three years ago while he’s been by my side through thick and thin… I could tell where this was going.

 

“Kai, I-I’m so sor—“

 

“Look, you don’t have to apologize to me. I don’t want to turn this around on you and make you seem like the bad guy because you’re not. If anything, I’m the coward who didn’t try hard enough for you, and I should be blaming myself. But, besides that fact I want you to listen to me, okay?” He paused. “You are still there, right?”

 

“Yeah. I’m still here…” I looked at the towering building in front of me one more time.

 

I could hear Kai take out a long breath over the phone. “As much as I want to tell you to go tell Sehun to off and never come to you again, I can’t say that. I can’t tell you to say that because I want you to, but because I don’t believe it’s the right thing to do. So, if anything, I think you should give him a chance. Cause, honestly? Honestly, I think that Sehun is in much more pain then I ever was over you. Selfishly enough, I’ve spent more time with you then he ever has, even after you left him. I can't imagine what it would feel like, to be without you, for that length of time. Besides, if I know you like I know you best, I know you are dying to see him again. That no matter how much you tell yourself that you don’t want to, I know that somewhere in the back of your head you’re willing to put the past behind you and try again.”

 

“When did you get so sentimental huh? And on Sehun's side, might I add”

 

“Let’s just say that I’ve done some thinking and realized…something.”

 

“And that something is?”

 

Kai chuckled. “I’ve tried for so long to get you and you’ve never come to me. Even with all my Casanova tricks on you. I think it’s high time I move on, you know? Of course it’ll take some time to let go of you and--“

 

“We’ll still be friends right?” I asked nervously making sure of the situation he was trying to state. “Like, you’ll still be there for me even if I fall?”

 

“Of course Soo Jung.” I could almost picture him smiling on the other side of the world. “I’ll always be there for you.”


 

“Thanks Kai…” I breathed out in relief, looking at the front door of the building. “I think I’ll do it now.”

 

“You go get him tiger.”

 

“Oh! And Kai!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Thanks.” I bit my lip nervously smiling. “For everything you’ve done for me. I’m sorry that I made you wait for me and it got to this point and now—“

 

“Ayeee. No need to rub salt in my wounds” Kai joked around. “Just go in there and see Sehun.” Kai hung up first, leaving me staring at the building one more time. I forced myself to stand up and cross the street to get a few steps closer to the glass door.

 

“You can do this Soo Jung” I said to myself forming a fist on my side. “You can do this! You are going to walk right in there and—“

 

“Uhm, excuse me…” I turned around and spotted a middle-aged woman rolling what seemed like a cart of cups. “Can you please open the door for me?”

 

“Oh yes! Of course, I’m sorry to be standing in your way.” I moved in quick action opening the door for her.

 

“Bless your soul. You have made my day just that much better.” She pushed the cart inside and I subconsciously followed after her. Oh my god. I was inside the building. I was inside Oh! Fashion Industries. I was THIS close to Sehun’s office. I was—

 

“By the way…” The lady looked at me again. “Are you the new employee?”

 

“Uhm, pardon me?” I questioned.

 

“You know…The new employee for the Oh! Café?” She asked.

 

I shook my head. “No sorry I just—“

 

“Great. Just great…the newbie’s probably going to show up late or not even come at all. Again.” The lady rolled her cart off and I was still following her. “Now I’m one hand short to deliver this coffee to the meeting and Mr. Oh is going to blow a cap if I’m late again—“

 

I stopped. Did she mean Mr. Oh? As in Oh Sehun? As in…Suits??

 

“Oh! Well, actually, yes I am the new employee for the café!” I lied pointing at the station in the corner of the first floor. “Yes! That’s me. Krystal reporting for duty!” I saluted the lady who gave me a look. Was she going to see right through my lie? I finally found where Sehun is out of this whole building, and this was my one chance to get through to talking to him. Doing it this way though, I never imagined I’d have to return my roots of lying to get to this position I was in…

 

“Okay. Good! Splendid!” She stopped her cart in front of the cashier’s counter and reached underneath it revealing a familiar looking uniform. “Change into this and then come to the 20th floor of the building to meeting room A.”

 

I nodded my head and headed straight away to the restroom to change. I went into the first stall available and began changing when the door opened again, the clapping of heels signaling that I wasn’t alone.

 

“God, if only I could get my hands on that piece of sushi.” One lady announced as I heard a zip.

 

“You mean sushi as in the food? Or sushi as in our Asian boss?” I heard a pop of what seemed a lipgloss tube.

 

“Both. Mostly our boss.” I took my shirt off, putting on the white polo shirt on as I continued listening to the conversation.

 

“God, he is SO dreamy.”

 

“I know right? Thank GOD he’s getting a divorce from that wife of his.”

 

“Really? But, they like, looked perfect together!” I ed my pants pretending to stick a finger down my throat. Ugh, that wife of his…

 

“Yeah, well rumor has it that he is breaking off the marriage because of HER. Apparently the wife was stealing money from the company…”

 

The girl gasped the same time I did. His wife was stealing money from her own husband’s company!?

 

“Plus” the same girl continued. “She was a bit of a psycho head according to people that met her. Like, she was WAY too controlling and apparently heiress rude.”

 

“Heiress rude?” The other girl and I asked at the same time.

 

“As in, she has manners…just not to people below her level. Besides, I liked him better with that other lady that he was supposedly set up with.”

 

I paused as I slipped into my work pants. Did she just really mean…

 

“Oh! That model girl that came out of no where? The one who modeled in the Oh! Magazine that one time?!”

 

“And the one in the GORGEOUS wedding dress photo shoot. God, just those pictures alone could pass as REAL wedding photos for a wedding, you know?”

 

I chuckled to myself as I started changing my high heels into tennis shoes. If only they knew…

 

“Where is that girl anyways? I haven’t seen her model anywhere else…”

 

“I heard that she was doing some goat milk commercials in some European country or something…Like, she’s really famous in one of those places.”

 

I covered my mouth to keep myself from laughing. That rumor was still going around about Krystal!? I can’t even right now. It was time I finally stepped in to intervene for once…Probably tell them the truth.

 

“Actually, that model you two were talking about?” I stepped out of the stall holding my outfit I had changed out of in one hand, heels in the other. “She’s actually attending fashion school here in New York City and is on her way to becoming a Fashion Designer.”

 

“Really? How do you know that?” The curly red head girl asked as she closed her lip gloss tube.

 

“Oh, I’m REALLY good friends with her.” I placed my things aside on the counter and began washing my hands. “Actually, I was just at the ‘Student New York Fashion Week’ contest yesterday as a guest of hers.”

 

“Seriously!?” The other girl with the black pixie cut hair style zipped up her makeup bag.

 

“Seriously. AND she won first place.” I dried my hands up using the paper towels and discarded it in the trash.

 

“You’re not kidding…” The red haired girl searched up the pictures on her phone showing it to her friend. “There they are together!” As I began gathering my items back in my hands a few hushed whispers were being exchanged between her and her friend. I had a feeling that they were talking at me because they kept staring at the picture and down at the screen repeatedly.

 

“Wait a second…are you—“ The pixie cut haired girl pointed at me and back at the phone.

 

“Me? Krystal?” I laughed shaking my head. “Oh no, I’m just her friend, remember?” Before I could allow them to come up with any more ideas in their head, I headed out of the restroom. But, before I could completely leave, I opened the door and stuck my head inside. “Oh…And that rumor about her doing goat milk commercials in Europe?” I smiled. “Yeah, well, she actually advertises that AND frog legs in Japan.”

 

I heard a disgusted “EW” come from the girls. I left smiling and laughing all the way to the elevator. As much as I know I should feel guilty for lying, I couldn’t help but be happy about it. That reminded me of the days…

 

But, now that I really think about it…Sehun’s wife was stealing money from her own husband? HA. Wow. Really, how low could this woman go? As in, how much more money do you need marrying into one of the biggest fashion companies in the world? And on top of that, I wonder how Sehun must be feeling being betrayed twice-ish: once from me and again for his wife. If anything, I would understand if he blew a top off during the meeting about late coffee.

 

The elevator dinged and I finally had reached the 20th floor.

 

My heart dropped 20 floors down.
 

“Oh! There you are!” My ‘boss’ motioned me over with an extra hat in her hand. She handed it to me as soon as I got there. “Ponytail your hair and put this on. Now when we get in there just start handing out the cups of coffee and don’t make eye contact with any of them unless they say something to you, okay?”

 

I nodded my head. If only she knew that this wasn’t my first time doing this job… We both entered the meeting room in a silent manner, though the room was bursting with talk. Apparently, the meeting hadn’t started yet since a particular head chair was empty. My boss started putting out cups one by one, and I followed behind her pouring the coffee. I was mindlessly just doing what I needed to do, that I didn’t realize that the men started sitting one by one in their seats. I didn’t realize that a certain someone had come inside the room. I didn’t realize that a certain someone had sat down at his chair.

 

I didn’t realize until he clasped my wrist as I was pouring the coffee.

 

“You.” I looked up past the brim of my hat; Sehun’s eyes met with mine. I heard whispers from the others reach my ears, but Sehun didn’t care at all. Instead, he continued to speak in a regular voice as if it was just the two of us in the room. Not really in a romantic way either…more of a “I’m-your-boss-and-we-need-to-talk” kind of situation.

 

“Y-Yes Mr. Oh?” I asked him swallowing a wad of nervous saliva in my mouth.

 

“Why didn’t you say hello to me last night? At the show?” He asked with a mischievous grin on his face. I looked around at his confused colleagues then back at him again. Does he not realize that he’s in a business meeting right now? Why was he talking about THIS kind of thing now?! 

 

“W-wait, what? I just—you were—I—“ I was tongue tied. Speechless. Where was that confidence from earlier before? Those torrent of feelings of hatred for him yesterday? Oh right. The diary…the entry…the feels…

 

Sehun could tell how nervous I was getting and he stood up along with me to get part of the attention. “Excuse me to interrupt our meeting. But, I thought that I would take this time to introduce you to someone.” He made a sweeping motion with his hand across the room. “This is our new intern for the Design team: Krystal Jung. The winner of this year’s Student New York Fashion Week.”

 

“Intern?! Me?! For the Design team!?” I said out loud in surprise, but was drowned out by the sound of the applause coming from the businessmen around me. Even my boss look a little taken back, but was still clapping for me. I looked at Sehun who had now managed to put an arm around my waist and pulled me in close to his side. I could feel the nervous butterflies in my stomach start to hatch from their cocoons and start to stir something up down there.

 

“Wait for me in my office” Sehun whispered in my ear. Instead of sounding a bit seductive like I remembered he use to do, he sounded a bit more serious with no cheekiness whatsoever. Was he mad at me? He couldn’t be mad at me because he was technically the one who invited ME here. Then again, maybe he didn’t expect me serving him coffee in a worker’s uniform, which played a way to familiar scene. Similar to the first time we sort-of met.

 

Similar to the first time he announced to the board and his parents that I was the model he was dating and loved.

 

When I walked outside the cart of coffee and my boss was gone, leaving me alone to find Sehun’s office myself. It took me a few minutes, a few quizzical stares, and a few steps here and there until I realized his office was it’s own floor one more above this one. Once I reached his office I sat on the couch, waiting for his arrival. This scene was all too familiar now…. WAY too familiar now.

 

I started remembering the time I was writing in my diary freaked out that Sehun had even called me such a thing. Who knew, that the one little lie he started was going to turn into a flame of lies to burn a forest…And out of that forest would sprout one little seedling of hope? Seriously Soo Jung, what with all the nature motifs? Is this was what it was like being in love? The equivalent feeling of running through a field of flowers with the sunshine on my face or something?

 

No! I am NOT here to fall in love again. Yet. At least…I think so. I mean, do I really want to accept what was done? Or wait, I mean, I was the one who left so obviously I have explaining to do so that would mean—

 

The door opened and my heart immediately jumped up into my lungs causing my body to stand. Sehun entered into the room and shut the door standing there looking at me. Awkwardly enough, we just stood their staring at each other.

 

Yes, just staring. Not even the “Oh-my-dear-its-been-so-long-since-I-last-saw-you” kind of stare. It was more of a “Oh-he/she-is-finally-here--what-do-I-say/do-now” was the vibe I was receiving in this stare. Of course I didn’t expect him to run into my arms or vice versa. I was more worried about what I was going to say at this point; I was having very mixed emotions seeing this man in the flesh, especially after reading his true intentions about me and etc.

 

“I’m sorry” Sehun and I both said at the same time. We then realized what we said at the same time and pointed at each other.

 

“What? You’re sorry?” We repeated together, again.

 

“Soo Jung—“ “Sehun—“ We both said each other’s names. Okay, now I was getting annoyed…

 

“ME FIRST!” I shouted raising my hand before we overtook each other again. “Look, Sehun I am—“

 

“Tsk tsk tsk” Sehun said shaking his head as he walked towards his desk. “Not even starting out with a hello….Just like last night.” He sat down in his chair and picked up a file from the pile on his desk looking over it. I stood there rolling my eyes; is he really going to be like this?

 

“Well, I mean—its just—you were—I didn’t—“ I began to say in a tongue tied way. Soo Jung, what are you saying right now? Just say that it was awkward to see him last night because he appeared out of no where after cutting off all communication with him. But, for some reason I couldn’t find the right way to explain that ONE sentence from the idea of what I wanted to say in my head.

 

“You’ve forgotten about me, huh?” Sehun asked as he signed the first folder he had read over and moved onto the next one.

 

“I-I tried too…” I whispered under my breath not caring if Sehun could hear me or not. Sad, because that came out easier from my mouth than the previous statement did.

 

“You tried to, hmm?” Sehun asked moving onto the next file. Ugh, was he seriously going to be doing work while having a serious conversation? I mean, its like he doesn’t even care that I’m here. As if those words I read from the diary last night wasn’t even his. Why did I even bother to come here then if HE wasn’t making an effort to try and fix the ridge we both created between us.

 

“Well, yeah, I tried to forget about you because I had to. You must know by now that I was forced out by your mother—“

 

“I thought we promised each other that we would be there for each other.” Sehun slammed the folder on his desk finally looking up at me; his stare was freezing my senses. “I didn’t know that we were hiding lies between each other too.”

 

“Well, this relationship was built on lies so its not a stranger to the both of us” I countered back standing my ground.

 

Sehun chuckled shaking his head. “Touché.”

 

“So now what? Are you just going to be taking stabs at me for leaving you?” I sat down on the couch facing his desk, crossing my arms and legs. “Or should I start on how YOU didn’t come after me even though you CLEARLY knew what happened and where I was.”

 

Sehun stood up from his desk. “Of course I couldn’t come to you Soo Jung. I couldn’t just get up and leave my own wedding…. The wedding was riding on the merge between our two companies and now—“

 

“That didn’t work out between the two of you did it?” I smirked biting my inner cheek to hold a smirk. “Seems as if the merge worked out TOO well, did it?”

 

Sehun looked at me with disbelief. “How did you—“

 

“Look, Sehun. I wasn’t expecting you to run after me when you didn’t see me at the altar. Neither did I expect you to jump on the next plane and follow me back to South Korea or find me in New York.” I stood up as well. “What I did expect though was maybe at least a call from you or some kind of sign that you still cared about me.” Uh-oh…Here’s comes the tear works…

 

Sehun started to walk around his desk softening his facial expression. “Soo Jung—“

 

“Oh don’t expect me to fall for your sweet tone saying MY REAL name. Oh no no no no no…” I climbed over the couch to create more distance between the two of us. “I don’t need to hear it anymore. In fact, I don’t WANT to hear it anymore because I DON’T need you acting as if you care about me at all. And those diary entries you put into my diary? Those are the kinds of things you should’ve told me! Over the phone—through text message—god damn it you could even send some type of bird, a paper airplane, or even a message in a bottle—something!!”

 

“I could ask the same thing to you about YOUR entries” Sehun pointed out turning the blame on me. “Why couldn’t you just TELL ME that my mother threatened you like that. I thought we promised that we we’re going to make it through the end together. No matter what happened, huh?” He tried climbing over the couch to causing me to dodge behind the chair of his desk. “You know that I would’ve done everything in my power to keep that from happening.”

 

“Oh really now?” I laughed out loud falling into the chair of his desk and kicking my heels up in the air. “Just as well as you tried to do everything in your power to even TRY and keep in contact with me?”

 

“This is getting no where if we keep turning each other’s faults on each other…” Sehun moved fast towards his desk. Before I could jump out of the seat to get away from him, he spun it around to face him as he was sitting on the desk, legs on either side of my chair entrapping me within it.

 

“The reason I didn’t come in contact with you after the wedding was because I couldn’t. Any resource I had to contact you was taken away, and I lost all your contact information. Besides that, I had a very vulture like wife who kept me under her surveillance 24/7 so I was lucky to gain the information I had on you from Noona. Yet, when I did have it, I realized that you were fulfilling the dreams that you wanted to accomplish. I didn’t want to derail you from your path to success…” He pointed the space between us. “See this? I didn’t want tension like this, to sideline  your goal. I didn’t want to become another thing to worry about when you also had your sister and the twins to also worry about as well.”

 

Without realizing it, Sehun was wiping the tears rolling down my cheeks. “I know its in your nature to care for people more than yourself. I thought in my head, that by keeping this distance between us…This was the one way I could do that. It was a chance for you to do something for YOU for once.” Sehun removed my hat from my head so he could really look at my face. “But, you’re right. I should’ve contacted you to ask if you were okay. I should’ve made the better effort to check up on you, heck, I’d even message Kai to get info on you for me and you know how much the little er and I don’t get along.”

 

Sehun suddenly put his legs down from the chair, placing them on the ground, carrying himself to a kneeling position to look up at me. “Soo Jung. I’m sorry I made you feel like I didn’t care about you. I’m sorry that I made you feel like I led you on and cut you off cause my so called ‘purpose’ for you was done for.” Sehun took my hands in carefully in his. “I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you that I loved you sooner…” He began rubbing my hands with his thumbs. “That way, you wouldn’t have to worry and we wouldn’t be in this kind of a situation.”

 

“I’m sorry too. I should’ve trusted you enough to tell you what was happening.” I said without a pause of breath in between his apology and my own. “It’s just that you know that I don’t trust people as easily as I should and that we were just starting to build our trust at the time. I didn’t want YOU to get hurt so naturally, caring about others more than myself, I obviously took the bait. I left you to fend for yourself even hurting you more than I intended to. And now, look at us…We both ended up getting hurt.” I laughed and shook my head. “It’s crazy really…how we we’re building trust on a relationship built on lies, huh? Patching up wounds that we created on each other and ourselves?”

 

Sehun stood up nodding his head then pulled me close. “People do crazy things when they’re in love, huh?” Before I could point out the corniest love line in the world, Sehun leaned down and gave me a kiss. And oh, lord have mercy, was this kiss bringing back something. That feeling… And not just the lovey-dovey feeling either… That between us was probably just as hot as ever as well.

 

“Hey!” Sehun laughed flicking my chin playfully pulling away from the kiss. “You’re not going to say it?”

 

“Say what?” I asked with a confused face wrapping my arms around his neck wanting more.

 

“That you love me back?” Sehun asked as he placed his forehead on top of mine making the telepathic connection. “Even in your diary entries you never really said that you loved me…did you now?”

 

“And there’s a reason for that” I announced as I pushed Sehun to his chair as I sat on the desk now entrapping him in between my legs.

 

“And that reason is?” He asked as he used my thighs as an armrest to rest his chin on looking up at me.

 

“My sister told me to never ever tell a lie…” I playfully joked flicking his nose downward.

 

“Oh so you’re saying if you loved me, it would be a lie, huh?” Sehun now started rolling closer towards me, closing the space between us, my legs now dangling on the ground and his arms creeping around my waist.

 

I nodded my head, placing my arms around his neck. “The biggest lie I have ever told in my life.”

 

Sehun raised a brow. “Well, that’s weird because I clearly remember you have actually have a diary of lies that may beg to differ your statement…”

 

I arched my own brow. “Oh, you mean that diary of my innocent lies?”

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“Well, then…” I placed a hand on his cheek pulling him closer to my face. “I guess I’m going to have to write this little lie down in my diary, huh?”

 

“And what lie would that be?” Sehun asked placing his hand on my cheeks.

 

I leaned in, giving him a kiss then pulled away slightly. “I love you, Oh Sehun.”


Author's Note

Can you believe it? We made it to the end. 

Another story begun and finished.

Just like that. 

It seems like only yesterday did I find myself coming up with the idea... And now look, we're at the very last chapter of the story. The very last Author's Note of the story. 

The very last time I can say this: 

Thank you. 

Seriously, thank you to all the subscribers, commenters, and upvoters! Without y'all I don't think I would have had the motivation to continue finsihing this story... Honestly, as much as I love letting my creative feeling go, I'm just as happy that people enjoy it as much as I do. :) It's nice to see people take appreciation for your work, and y'all did just that...Plus y'all did deal with my ultimate troll status too. hahaha ohh good timesss... 

 

Okay, so I'm really bad with goodbyes... *sigh* But, I guess I can't say goodbye just yet, huh? It was such a blast writing with Sestal that I might try it again *hint, hint* next story OTP? *hint, hint* or maybe Kaistal? *hint, hint* Hopefully I can continue to grow as an author and see one of my stories one day one front page of this site. One day. Hopefully. One day. 

 

All right, well here we go: last update. last thank you. last, love you... 

Love y'all wonderful, beautiful people! 

See y'all next time!  ( ˘ ³˘)♥

 

PS HUGE S/O to my beta-reader christineyu527!! Thanks for putting forth the effort to make this story the work it is now! I hope we can work with each other again soon, and I wish you all the best in your future ventures on this site. Thank youuuuu! 


Story Edited & Completed

October 3, 2015