Entry 29

Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies

“UNNIE!!” I shouted as I bent down to look under the hotel bed. “ANY SIGHT OF IT?!”

 

“No Soo Jung I didn’t see it—HEY HEY HEY!” I felt someone tug at my arm. “What do you think you’re doing!?”

 

“Looking for my diary!!” I exclaimed as I hurriedly shifted my point of view to underneath the night stand. This morning when I woke up I seriously wanted to vent my feelings out about today, except I couldn’t find my diary at all. As in, I had turned my hotel room upside down and right side up and it didn’t seem to be anywhere. I was pretty sure I had brought it home last night, from yesterday’s trip…

 

“Well, do you have to do that in your wedding dress for God’s sake!?” Soo Yeon bent down wiping off any dust bunnies or crumbs that may have gotten on the skirt of my dress. “I know you’re not really walking down the aisle in this, but come on now...this?"

 

I sighed. “Don’t even remind me…” I sat down on the bed fluffing out the wedding dress around me. Upon arriving back at the hotel room last night, Sehun was to stay in our hotel room and I was to move to another room. When I had transferred my luggage to my new room, Mrs. Oh was waiting for me inside sitting on the chaise chair as if she owned the whole damn place.

 

“So how was your trip to your parents, darling?” She asked with a smirk on her lips.

 

“It was good…” I would’ve replied in more detail, but I knew she was only asking out of politeness. It wasn’t like she cared or anything…

 

“Do they know about your little charade with my son?” She asked emphasizing how it was supposed to all on my part.

 

I shook my head. “No ma’am.” My mom did approach me asking if Sehun was something more, and I had replied that nothing was going on between the two of us. As my mother though, she actually knew me better than I knew myself. And by that, she left me with the words of, ‘Well, I think he’s into you…’ I remember rolling my eyes and thinking ‘as if I wasn’t into him too.’

 

“So here’s the plan for tomorrow evening.” Mrs. Oh set down a single piece of paper on the coffee table. “I have given you extra cash in the envelope in the case of an emergency and my third cell phone number, if you need any reason to contact me or I contact you.” She walked up to me and gave me cheek kisses, left and right. “Nice meeting you Soo Jung. All the best for you and your family.”

 

“So, what? We’re supposed to just wait in this room for Sehun to come see you then flee?” Amber asked out of the blue as she was putting on her tailored tux.

 

“Yeah. He wants to see me before we walk down the aisle cause he wants to emotionally prepare himself for ‘that moment.’” I put bunny ears around the last two words laughing at the memory of last night’s text conversation I had with Sehun last night before I fell asleep. He had also wanted to practice our vows together, but I told him that it would be a surprise.

 

Surprise: I didn’t have vows to give to him because I wouldn’t actually be there.

 

“So, how exactly are we going to get out of here without being noticed?” Soo Yeon asked as she placed a crown of flowers on top of Haru’s head. “I mean, this place is SWARMING with paparazzi and news reporters everywhere.”

 

“While Sehun is here in the room, all of you are going to take yourselves and the luggage to the basement of the hotel where there will be a van waiting. Wait for me there, and I’ll leave as soon as Sehun leaves the room."

 

“Why are we not taking Hyung with us back home??” Hansol whined as he stomped his foot on the ground. “I want Oppa to come with us!”

 

“Me too!” Haru threw her flower crown to the ground. “I’m going to miss Oppa!”

 

“Yah! You two let’s not act up now!” Unnie reprimanded her children while picking up the flower crown to place on her daughter’s head again. “It’s for the best that Sehun—“

 

“Does Sehun Oppa know we’re leaving him!?” Haru asked with wide eyes.

 

Hansol shrugged and crossed his arms on his chest. “I don’t know. I just want to walk down the aisle holding the rings.”

 

“Hey. You two come on now…” Kai bent down to their level putting a hand on both of their shoulders. “You two will have another chance to become flower girl and flower boy…”

 

“When!?” They both announced at the same time.

 

“When your Omma get’s married” Amber jokingly expressed, earning a small punch on the arm by Soo Yeon.

 

“Omma you’re getting married?!” The twins expressed in happiness forgetting the previous situation.

 

“Maybe in the future. But…not anytime soon of course…” Soo Yeon reassured her children. Just before the twins could throw another fit, a knock on the front door disturbed the atmosphere. We all looked at each other knowing who it was. Yet, no one really wanted to face Sehun…

 

“Nose goes!” Amber exclaimed out loud. Everybody quickly put a finger on their nose, and Kai was the last one to do so. He grunted out loud and gave everybody “the look” as he walked towards the door to open it.

 

“Heyyyy Sehunnn!” He said in his purely fake excited voice. “What brings you to our neck of the woods?”

 

“I’m here to see Soo Jung” Sehun’s voice said from behind the door. Just hearing his voice was already doing all kinds of things to my feelings. “Is she ready?”

 

“Oh yeah. Most definitely ready. No worries what so ever.” Kai leaned against the door cooly. “Hey, why are you here anyways? You know they say its bad luck to see your bride in her wedding dress before—“

 

“Kai! Cut it out!” Amber exclaimed pulling Kai out of the way and taking over the situation. “If you could just…give us a second Sehun…” Amber shut the door in his face and turned around motioning to move. The whole room was in a flurry as we began to hide the packed luggage close to the door, posing myself in the living room, and gathering any other evidence that we were leaving for good. We had pushed Soo Yeon to get the door again.

 

“Okay, all set and ready!” Soo Yeon opened the door widely for Sehun. “Come see your bride!”

 

As Sehun walked into the room, he stopped a few steps in, looking straight at me. No words. No breathing. No emotion on his face whatsoever. I mean, he’s seen me in my wedding dress before; it shouldn’t be a big deal. Maybe he was getting too into the moment? Was he forgetting that this wasn’t the real deal? Or maybe, my beauty was just making him speechless?

 

“Sehun?” I asked as innocently as possible waving my gloved hands in front of my face where he was still staring. “Sehun? Earth to Sehun—“

 

“You look beautiful.” Sehun immediately walked over to me placing a kiss on my forehead. “You look more than beautiful. You’re glowing like—“

 

“Glowing??” Soo Yeon asked out a loud, a little bit louder than her usual voice. “Wait a second, Soo Jung are you preg—“

 

“NO!” Sehun and I said at the same time. Soo Yeon and Kai looked relieved as Amber giggled with the twins.

 

“Look, you guys, can Sehun and I—talk?” I announced as the cue that it was time for them to go. The four of them looked amongst each other, Sehun, then back at me; it was as if they were waiting for me to say something else. Say that I wasn’t going through with this. Surprisingly, the twins were the first one to approach Sehun.

 

“Oppa, we’re going to miss you—“ Haru ran up to Sehun hugging him. “I don’t want to leave you!!” Hansol followed his sister, both of them bursting into tears. Soo Yeon quickly pulled them apart from Sehun before they could say anything else. Sehun looked a bit suspicious pointing at the twins.

 

“Leave me? What are they talking about??” Sehun looked at me asking.

 

“As in—well, leave you here alone with me!” I quickly covered up. “Yeah, they probably think that the ceremony is happening in here privately or something. The twins REALLY want to walk down the aisle.”

 

Sehun nodded. “Oh I see…” He turned to look at the twins who had buried their faces in Unnie’s dress. “We won’t be long together, all right?”

 

“Of course. Of course.” Kai waved Soo Yeon and the twins out the door with Amber following behind him. “Let’s give the two lovebirds their last few moments together now, huh?” Amber and Soo yeon threatened to punch Kai and he curled his body up. “Last few moments together as single people! SINGLE PEOPLE. Jesus…”

 

“Don’t take too long—“ Amber reminded us as she shut the door. “Don’t get too feisty with each other now…”

 

“AMBER!” Sehun and I both exclaimed. We could hear her laughing in the hallway as she left. Now it was just the two of us. Looking at Sehun, I really couldn’t believe he could look just as good as I saw him in the tux before. It was really HIM who had that glow in his face, as if he was radiating warmth and happiness from within. I wish I could say I felt the same, but honestly, I was feeling cold and guilty instead.

 

Sehun took my hand in his, sitting on the table. “So this is it.”

 

“Yupp. This is really it.” I laughed. “Well, not really, really it. But, you get what I’m saying right?”

 

“I guess.” Sehun touched my cheek. “Soo Jung look—I’ve been thinking and—“ He looked away from me as if he had something difficult to say. Wait, did he have something else to say--??

 

“And what?” I tried to get him to continue his words. Sehun shook his head looking down at his shoes.

 

“I’m glad that it’s you I’m marrying. Even if it is fake and all.” Sehun looked up with a mischievous grin on his face. I slapped him on the arm for making me worry as he continued laughing.

 

“Don’t do that!! Damn it Sehun!” I was about to hit him once more when he took both of my wrists then just pulled me straight into his arms. Kissing the top of my head multiple times, then, he just held me there.

 

“God, we’re gonna be one fun couple aren’t we?” Sehun asked as he set his chin on my head. “Let’s make headlines, huh? Show the world that we’re not just any other couple?”

 

I kept my cheek on his chest. “How so?”

 

“Well, for starters, I’m taking you everywhere with me no matter where I go in the world… Paris, London, Tokyo…New York…” His chest sighed. “It’ll make me so happy thinking I won’t have to be out there in the world alone.” He pushed me back a bit holding me by my face. “I’ll have someone there to entertain and remind me who I really am from time to time.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Why do I have the feeling that we’ll only be creating more lies than truths through the course of our ‘marriage’?”

 

“Well, you know what they say—“ He leaned in giving me a kiss. “I guess sometimes you have to lie to find the truth.”

 

“Sehun? Sehun are you still in there?” Kai’s voice came from the other side of the door accompanied by a series of knocking. “They’re looking for you downstairs. The wedding is about to start…”

 

Sehun stood up helping me out of my chair. “Yeah, yeah, I’m coming…” Sehun held my hand as he pulled me along with him to the door. Once opened Kai looked at the both of us and rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s rude to keep your guests waiting.” Kai took my other hand and tugged it towards him. “I’ll keep an eye out for Soo Jung while you go downstairs and get ready.”

 

Sehun looked at Kai holding my wrist for a while before letting go of mine, slowly. He looked at me and smiled. “I’ll see you in a while then, huh?”

 

I nodded. “Yeah. I-In a while—“ I felt a tear flow down my cheek. ‘In a while’ was going to be more than Suits would ever expect. Kai and I both watched as Sehun got onto the elevator. As the doors started to close, he turned around leaning against the wall and giving me one last wink. I took a mental picture to capture in my brain forever.

 

“Hey, everything will be okay. You’ve got Soo Yeon. You’ve got Amber. You’ve got me.”” Kai squeezed my hand trying to keep a smile. “Besides, its not like you’ll never see him again, you know?”

 

“What makes you say that?” I asked Kai as we stepped into the special elevator that would lead us to the basement.

 

“Let’s just say that if Sehun is anything like me…He’ll find you one way or another.”

 

“Oh, persistent, eh?” I nudged Kai in the shoulder. “So when did you get to coming around to him?”

 

“To who?” He asked playing dumb.

 

“To Suits of course.” The elevator dinged and we had reached the basement floor. “I don’t remember you ever saying anything good about Sehun.”

 

“Well, remember that night you forced us to have a party of two? The bachelor party?” Kai asked, as he helped me down the stairs towards the door leading to the garage. “We actually found out that we had one thing in common.”

 

“Oh? That you two are both cocky, narcisstic, hard headed men who—“

 

“No!” Kai defended himself as we finally reached flat ground. “More like…we both have you in common.”

 

“That’s SO not obvious” I exclaimed as I lifted my skirt up to keep up with Kai’s pace.

 

“What I’m saying it that we have you in common. As in, we both want to be there for you.” Kai stopped and turned to face me. “To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer—“

 

“Yah! Kai! No one’s getting married here!” It was my turn to pull him towards the van.

 

Except Sehun. 

 


Author's Note

NOW BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING...THERE IS THREE MORE CHAPTER LEFT IN THE STORY, ALL RIGHT?! 

THREE.

MORE.

CHAPTERS.

Thought I should express that before I get a boatload of " NOOO AUTHOR-NIMMM, HOW ABOUT SESTAL?!" hahaha But, I can't tell you "not to worry either" because who knows how this story will end. *muhahaha* 

Then again this is a sad moment, because wow 3 more chapters till this story is finished. The feels are kicking in now that this story is coming to an end--acutally, I should save the speech... 

Thanks for waiting! And once again thanks to my editor who has finished all the editing! :D Check her out & the shop she works at: christineyu527 --> [Pay It Forward* Multi Review Shop]