XXVII - The Truth

You And I Plus LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

XXVII - The Truth

 

"Y-You...D-Dara...She's....d-dying?"

 

V.I stood up with CL with wide eyes as he looked at Bom and Minzy shocked faces. They had loose grip on plastic of food they had bought for them.

 

“Noona…” he tried to speak but Bom quickly charged towards him and slaps him before anyone could react.

 

“Unnie! CL cried out and aid to her boyfriend.

 

“Why did you keep it from us?! You knew it for a long time but why didn’t you say anything! Your so unfair, V.I! My best friend is dying and you didn’t even breathe a single thing about this! Damn!” Bom yelled while crying.

 

“Minzy stayed silent as she cries with the truth she just heard. V.I bows his head guiltily. CL shuts her eyes helpless of the situation right now.

 

“WHAT? Aren’t you going to say anything?! Speak up!” Bom shakes V.I once again. CL tried to pry her from the guy but Bom is much stronger when mad.

 

“Bom unnie…please…calm down,” CL pleaded.

 

“CALM DOWN?! How can I? This piece of lying …ARGH!” Bom exclaimed.

 

V.I looked at his noona and steps back.

 

“I promised her. I promised Dara noona that I will hide this from you. She…she doesn’t want any of you to…know,” he confessed inaudibly.

 

The girls stilled. They all looked hurt and betrayed.

 

“I wanted to tell you. I swear! I wanted to damn tell you everything. But I made a promise to her. Do you know how hard it is to watched her in pain everytime she will have an attack? Do you know how hard to carry this burden everyday? It’s really difficult. I’m all alone and I can’t even say anything to you. I can’t break my promise to her. Do you know how that feels when someone…” he swallowed the lumps forming his throat with what he about to tell. “…who is dying made you swear to her you will keep this as a secret? Everytime I looked at you, the guilt of hiding such fact eats me. I know how much all of you meant to each other. All of us do. Nonetheless, what can I do? If you were in my position, you will do the same. I can’t even look at GD hyung without feeling remorse. He’s been a good brother to me. And I can’t see him perish once he learned the truth. You witness it earlier. Do you know how painful is it for me to watch each and everyone of you crying? I said to myself, it’s just a start. What if you learned the truth? I can’t imagine it. I don’t want to think of it anymore. It’s hard,” he broke down.

 

CL looked at her boyfriend finally understanding what he had to go through by keeping this secret for a long time. She gathers him in her arms and shared the burden he was carrying.

 

“Hush…its okay. Just let it out. I understand you…” she cooed him.

 

Bom cried even harder as she slumps on the floor agonizingly. Minzy hugs herself in the cold wall sobbing.

 

That’s the scene the three boys—Top. Sol and D-Lite—seen when they arrived from getting some things in the underground. They were confused and fear grip them thingking something might happened to Dara when they were gone. They quickly run to them.

 

“What’s happening? Did something happen to Dara?” Top asked as Sol gathers Minzy in his arms as the girl cried silently. D-Lite approached Bom and held her.

 

V.I looked at his hyungs with tears. CL just nodded to him and gives him a slight squeeze on his hand telling him they need to know as well.

 

“Hyung…” V.I walks to Top. “Mianhe! Mianhe!” he bows at all of them while crying.

 

The three boys just looked confused.

 

“Why are you apologizing? Just tell us what the is happening! Why all of you are crying?” Top said impatiently.

 

“Hyung…Dara noona…she has brain…tumor…” V.I looked down preparing himself to get a hit from them as well.

 

The three boys became immobile. They had a hard time comprehending what he just revealed. Then as if lightning strikes, all their strength left their body. Top slowly seats on the waiting bench. Sol unconsciously tightens his embrace to Minzy. While D-Lite lost his hold on Bom and leans back to t

Please log in to read the full chapter