Feel

Express it Simply
Please log in to read the full chapter

Recap Chapter 24: Chen suggested they play Two Truths and a Lie. The troll even made the other members don an apple hairstyle. 

They were having a lot of fun until Suho got a call from their Manager.

 

After watching Chen's video, Suho answers a call from their Manager.

 

The others listen and they see how Suho's eyes widen. 

 

"Mwo? By tomorrow afternoon?" 

 

-

 

-

 

Then it changes into that of disappointment. Base on his facial expression, something's up.

 

"We're camping thirty minutes away from Dara noona's inn."

 

-

 

-

 

"I understand. No problem."

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

"Okay, I'll tell them about it hyung. See you tomorrow."

 

This gives them an idea what the call might be about. 

 

Without a doubt, their vacation is going to end a day early than planned.

 

Suho pockets his phone before addressing their silent question coupled with a crestfallen look.

 

"We have to return to Seoul by tomorrow afternoon."

 

The boys simultaneously let out a groan. They're supposed to head back the day after tomorrow. What a drag.

 

"Manager-hyung said we have an urgent meeting regarding our upcoming comeback."

 

Dara's ears perk up. A comeback?

 

She listens even though it may be confidential. Nonetheless, Suho continues talking. It's either he has forgotten she's there or he trusts her completely to keep quiet about it.

 

Sulking about the sudden change in schedule, the boys choose to be silent. The earlier enjoyment is out of them upon hearing the news. 

 

"Should we call it a night and rest?" Dara fills the silence, directing the question to Suho.

 

"No, no, no," Sehun blurts out before the leader can even respond.

 

The maknae's words remind her of Luhan's reaction when Suho told him his eyes are 'pretty.'

 

It comes to pass unnoticed, meaning the boys are definitely saddened.

 

"I want to play another game," he says, the enthusiasm is slowly returning.

 

"Aigo, the maknae is showing his true colors now," Chen says.

 

The beagle line in particular looks interested. Or maybe they're just pretending to be. "If what you have in mind is Rock-Paper-Scissors game..." Baekhyun trails off for he can't think of a proper threat to throw at the maknae, who is sporting a poker face. He is so done with that game to be honest.

 

"I bet that's what he has in mind." Chen is back to giving comments.

 

Well, he's clearly on a comment-spree.

 

A mischief-filled smile breaks out. "Of course hyung, you know me." 

 

"Aish!" Chanyeol's deep-voiced cry gives the impression that he's had enough with playing the overused game.

 

"Wait, let me convince you this is worth it." Sehun is determined to make them agree.

 

"Go ahead, convince us." Xiumin finally joins in the conversation.

 

Dara steals a quick glance at him for she can't help it.

 

Gotcha! - Chen on catching her.

 

Before she turns her attention back to the maknae, her eyes met with Chen's. 

 

Oh crap! - Dara on the possibility that Chen is onto her or something. He seems to be eyeing her in a strangely intense way.

 

"These are the guidelines: On the spot, I'll decide the pairs before every round. The winner will immediately choose who will do the dare. The chosen one will then pick the dare. They will only open that later. I have prepared twelve pieces of paper with our names on it plus six dares. The reason behind this is for all of us to have an equal chance of being chosen which means it's a fair game, am I right?" He stands to retrieve what appears to be folded pieces of paper from his jeans pocket. There are six pieces in darker color and the rest are the ones with their names on it. He sits back, expecting a few questions from them.

 

"What if any of us ends up chosen more than once?" Baekhyun, who has no luck in such game asks. He already looks bewildered.

 

"No one shall be chosen more than once. Another thing, the winner will randomly pick again if he happens to have picked his/her name," he answers, b with pride at his ingenuity.

 

"Oooh, I love surprises," Chen sing-songs, displaying his ability to hit a high-note.

 

The maknae rolls his eyes at the silliness.

 

"How in the world did you come up with this?" Baekhyun is starting to get nervous. He is almost sure he's bound to make a fool of himself. "Even if we win, we're not really safe from doing the dare!" he points out, openly showing that he's doubting the fairness of the game.

 

Sehun shrugs for he doesn't know how he came up with it. "It's a brilliant idea, isn't it? And that's the catch, this is still a fair game. And besides, in my opinion, spin the bottle, which you always insist on playing, is boring."

 

"Ya! Your game is sadistic and nerve-racking, that's what it is," the fond-of-eyeliner boy retorts, almost to the point of having a nervous breakdown. But he does not want to be a spoilsport. It's just that if Chen is the troll, Sehun is the naughty maknae. And maybe soon-to-be troll—who knows. 

 

Most of the boys, and even Dara, shares a bit of Baekhyun's concern. It's a little disconcerting, thus they are still reluctant to play.

 

"Let's make the best out of the remaining time we can spend with Dara noona," Sehun solemnly says when he realizes they're not yet completely convinced. "Before we go back to work and hectic schedules, let's have some fun, shall we hyungs and noona? Please?"

 

They are dead silent, contemplating on his statement.

 

"Arasso. Arasso," the leader surprisingly concedes first.

 

Sehun smiles widely. "Don't worry, these are easy dares," he reassures, hoping that will persuade them somehow. They answer 'fine' almost incoherently.

 

"They better be," Tao and Kai say, doubtful-looking. They have a bad feeling about it but for the sake of having fun, they decide to keep quiet. Besides, Sehun has a point about making the most out of the time they have left with Dara noona.

 

"Before we start, does anyone have any clarification or concern?"

 

Kyungsoo raises his hand, his expression serious.

 

"Need to go to the restroom."

 

"Me too."

 

"I have to go too."

 

"Me too."

 

"Fine hyungs and noona, just go and please come back quickly."

 

More than half of the group leaves. Xiumin, Luhan, Suho and Sehun are left behind.

 

Suho shakes his head when he hears how Tao is pleading with Dara noona to let him walk side by side with her, mentioning that the surroundings look kind of scary. For a tall guy, he's really a coward and to think the pathway that leads back to the house is visible because there are a few light posts that's strategically placed to provide enough lighting.

 

What's more, Suho sees how clingy Tao is. Aigo, he'll have to apologize to Dara noona later for such conduct. But then he hears her laughter. Maybe there's no need to apologize.

 

When the leader glances at the rest he's left with, it becomes obvious that they are also watching Tao and his clinginess and how Dara noona may have granted the panda's request since by now, they are walking with arms entwined.

 

 

Once everyone returns, Sehun inquires again for he dislikes any interruption in the middle of the game. "Any more concerns before we start?"

 

Kyungsoo raises his hand again. His expression is unreadable.

 

"Hyung!" he cries in mild frustration. If only he can stomp his feet like a whining kid, he probably will. His patience is nearly running out.

 

Meanwhile, Dara is wondering that maybe Chen is not the only troll in the group. Kyungsoo seems to be bent on annoying the maknae.

 

"I'm thirsty," he simply says before standing to approach the table. He rummages in the plastic bag that contain bottles of water. "Anyone thirsty?" he asks as he reclaims his seat, the plastic bag in hand.

 

"Hyung," Kai extends his hand to D.O., who starts passing the bottles. It turns out everyone is thirsty save for Sehun who's trying to stay calm.

 

Having quenched their thirsts, they all turn to look at the maknae, who is sporting a pout.

 

"Aigo, Sehun is annoyed. Mianhe," Kyungsoo says with an apologetic smile. 

 

It is a charming and sincere smile in Dara's opinion.

 

He dishes out two plastic cups from the bag and requests that it be passed to the maknae. "For the papers."

 

"Thanks hyung." The pout turns into a small smile. "Let's begin."

 

Dara looks around when the boys begin to do some stretches, more on the arms and then shoulders area, as though playing rock-paper-scissors game is physically demanding. 

 

Weird.

 

Feeling out of place, she decides to simply clasp and then squeeze her hands together.

 

Sehun starts the roll-call:

 

1 - Luhan vs. Tao  

 

Luhan picks Suho

 

Suho sighs, unable to believe such misfortune befalls him. The cup is passed onto the leader who is looking at Luhan with questioning gaze—more like how-can-you-betray-me kind of look, even though it's not Luhan's fault.

 

Begrudgingly, he picks one dare with his left hand. He stares at the paper on his palm before balling his hand into a fist. If he is lucky, maybe his hand will sweat enough and result to turning the piece of paper unreadable later.

 

2 - Chanyeol vs. Kai

 

Chanyeol picks Dara

 

The fanboy apologizes incessantly and Dara tells him repeatedly that it's okay.

 

She puts the paper in her jean's back pocket.

 

3 - Kyungsoo vs. Baekhyun

 

"Pwahahahaha! As expected of Baekhyun-hyung," Chen laughs out.

 

"Aish!" Baekhyun cries in frustration. It's regretful that he can't get to pick a name.

 

Kyungsoo picks Chanyeol

 

"At last he picked me!" The rapper can't be any happier. He takes it positively and with open arms as though Kyungsoo intentionally chose him.

 

He draws from the cup and puts it in his pocket.

 

4 - Chen vs Xiumin

 

Chen picks Luhan, who catches Suho looking happy—way too happy.

 

5 - Suho vs. Sehun

 

Sehun picks Xiumin, who can only sigh as he pockets the paper.

 

6 - Dara vs. Lay

 

Baekhyun is almost relieved that his name hasn't been picked yet. Will he be saved from the dares? He just needs to get past the last round safely and then he can laugh his heart out at the ones who are chosen to do the dare---

 

Lay picks Baekhyun

 

—what in the world?!

 

His instincts tell him he'll end up doing the worst dare. No, no, no, don't think about that!

 

With a scowl, he takes the last piece of paper and stares at it menacingly, almost tempted to unroll and take a look at what's written in it.

 

"Okay, now for the best part. Suho-hyung, please hand over the paper."

 

Wordlessly, the leader follows. It's disappointing that his palms did not produce sweat at all.

 

Sehun uses his phone's flash light to see what's written. Then he stifles a laugh, causing Tao to lean closer and take a peek. But he does not need to because Sehun begins to disclose it.

 

"Write your whole name using your . You must first do the Female President dance (specifically the -shaking part) as a warm-up."

 

Suho freezes, his mouth hangs slightly open and then he finally utters. "You have to be kidding me..." His gaze absentmindedly darts to Dara. This is embarrassing.

 

"Mianhe," Luhan apologizes for he is partly at fault.

 

"It's fine hyung." Suho reassures a bit shakily.

 

"You can do it, hyung. Trust me, it's not the worst dare," Sehun says with a smirk. It's just second to worst.

 

Upon hearing that statement, Suho suddenly gains courage and confidence. The hell with humiliation, he'll just have to do it quickly. He stands with determination and walks to the front waiting for Sehun's further instruction.

 

The maknae shuffles through his playlist. The song starts to play; the boys begin to cheer. They're even standing now to check out the leader.

 

Xiumin notices that Dara is still sitting so he gently pulls her up by the arm and tells her, "It's okay to watch. Suho would rather you enjoy this instead of feeling awkward."

 

Dara smiles back thankfully at Xiumin for his thoughtfulness.

 

"Why do you even have that song?" Suho blurts out, getting impatient of waiting for the part which is more than a minute into the song.

 

"I downloaded it the other day for this purpose. Get ready to do your thing hyung!"

 

Suho faces the sea and brings his hands behind his head. He inhales deeply and looks at the sky to admire the stars. He looks back at the dark sea when an alarming thought crosses his mind.

 

"Huang Zitao, you're dead if you post this anywhere!" he calls out, not bothering to turn around.

 

Dara sees what Tao is up to so she wonders how the leader knows about it without looking.

 

Xiumin informs her that Tao has this habit of recording, most especially, any of Suho's embarrassing moments.

 

"Don't worry hyung, I won't," Tao replies while readying his phone to record the poor leader's performance.

 

Aigo. She hopes that Tao's phone will not be lost somewhere or else the leader's reputation will be compromised.

Please log in to read the full chapter