Intervention

Express it Simply
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Recap Chapter 19: Dara told Bom about her escapade that ended in EXO's dorm.

The first activity the guys had was a competition at a noraebang. Suho's team lost the bet. The consequence: jump in the pool and stay there for thirty seconds, which resulted to one member getting sick.

Dara took care of Luhan who she found alone at the room when she arrived at the inn.

 

 

Luhan is starting to feel better, thanks to Dara's care. He is able to have a nap until lunch and what wakes him from sleep is hunger. Sitting upright, he takes the mug and fills it with water, emptying the pitcher. Dara arrives holding a tray while he is drinking. "Very good, you drank a lot," she says in a soft voice while coming towards him. He notices the change in her appearance---her hair is now tied in a ponytail and her clothes, she changed into an oversized shirt and track pants. She puts the tray on the bedside table. About to check his temperature with her palm, she is able to stop herself. "How are you feeling?" she asks instead as she sits on the bed.

 

He has a different answer for that. He can't waver on the decision he already made, which is, to not act on his feelings. He'll wait until Minseok finally confessed. The least he can do is wait for his friend to confess, and from there he'll know what he must do. Her answer will be the deciding factor.

 

"I feel a little better. The temperature when I last checked is 38.1 °C," he answers while looking at her face long enough to see her relieved expression. "Thanks for taking care of me noona," he says again gratefully. "I already sent another message to Suho that I'm feeling a little better. They may be on the way back and they have no idea you're already here." Earlier, when he started to not feel well, he sent a message that he won't be able to follow. Even though his friends are worried, he insists that it's just a cold and he can take care of himself. They said they'd just quickly buy what they need and head back to the house as soon as possible.

 

"I'm glad you're feeling better. I almost forgot--- that's porridge. You have to eat. If you want, there's some leftover from last night, I can heat it for you." She stands to get the bowl; the porridge is still hot. "That will be fine," he answers, not wanting to burden her further.

 

She sits on the bed again, a little closer, stirs the porridge, spoons enough amount, and blows on it before offering it to him. Even though the gesture surprises him, for her it seems normal. She continues feeding him wordlessly. On the fourth spoon, the door suddenly opens. The arrival surprises her that she freezes--- the spoon still in Luhan's mouth, who is as surprised as she is. 

 

"Dara noona!" Those who are already inside blurt out. Tao's eyes widen and Chanyeol's mouth hangs open at the sight of Dara feeding their hyung. Thanks to Baekhyun, who makes a move to close his friend's mouth, before it can reach the floor.

 

Recovering from the surprise, she pulls out the spoon. "Hi guys. Surprised?" she says when all of them are inside the room, eyes looking back and forth from her to the sick one, who is obviously being taken care of very well.

 

"It is indeed a surprise noona. We thought you're not arriving until tomorrow," Chen speaks for all of them. He sits at the other side of the bed.

 

"How's your stay here so far? Is it not boring?" she asks this to no one in particular while absentmindedly stirring the porridge.

 

"Not at all. There are really a lot of activities we can do. We thought this is a hotel and Chen here said according to you it's just a small inn. It does not seem like that at all. And we're loving the privacy, right guys?" Suho answers the question.

 

The guys agree with a loud 'Yes.'

 

"Ah, really? I'm glad you like this place," she says.

 

When she is about to feed Luhan again, Tao rushes to his hyung speedily. Well, he's actually rushing towards Dara and he volunteers halfheartedly to feed his hyung.

 

Chen suspects it's not out of concern for Luhan; it's more of making sure Dara noona does not feed him again. 

 

She lets him take the porridge. She makes a move to the basin, which is on the floor, but Chanyeol beats her to it. "Let me take care of this noona." He takes away the basin from her and begins to soak the towel, squeeze off the water and dab Luhan's arms which does not seem to need it anyway.

 

Chen suspects again how it's done not out of concern; it's more of making sure she does not touch Luhan. These fanboys. She does not seem to get what the fuss is all about in Chen’s observation. It seems like she is touched by the concern Tao and Chanyeol displays.

 

Dara is moved by the kind dongsaengs' actions.

 

Meanwhile, Chen throws a discreet glance at the one who's quietly looking on.

 

"Okay. I guess my work here is done," she says in a cheery voice. 

 

"Don't worry noona, we'll take care of this.” Tao says with a smile. "Yes noona." Chanyeol adds.

 

"Have you guys eaten lunch?" They all shake their heads. "What do you want to eat?" 

 

And some of the guys wonder if she'll cook for them. "We bought some pork meat and beef. Can we cook it?" D.O. asks.

 

"Of course, if you insist, it's really okay.” Then an idea strikes her. “Can I assist? Because I’m not really a good cook," she admits. Xiumin is looking at her and Chen is prudently looking at Xiumin.

 

"Of course noona. Let's go then."

 

"I want to assist too," Lay and Chen say in unison. 

 

Dara is the first one out the door, followed by D.O., Lay and Chen, who pull the surprised Xiumin by the arm. Even though he is clueless as to why Chen is dragging him, he stays quiet and goes with the flow. As much as Xiumin wants to know what happened to Luhan while they are in the market, watching Dara noona assist in cooking is more appealing. He'll just ask Luhan later when they're alone. 

 

They head to the kitchen while the others remain at the room for some investigative chitchat. Suho chuckles when he notices how Tao and Chanyeol's facial expressions show they'd rather assist in cooking lunch than take care of their obviously-on-the-road-to-getting-well hyung.

 

 

Luhan tells them how Dara noona took care of him: from how she had taken his ear temperature, the sponge bath (at this the guys reacted with a deafening "What!?" with Tao and Chanyeol's voices being the loudest), she had told him to change his shirt, she had brought him a pitcher of water, a mug of boiled lemongrass roots, rolls of tissue, the porridge---just the usual routine.

 

Envy is written all over the faces of the two fanboys. They exchange a very meaningful look that only fanboys like them can understand. Their minds are already working on an absurd plan and this does not escape Suho's observation. He kind of has an idea what they are up to. And then they have this far-away expression. He suspects that maybe they're imagining what it felt like to be in Luhan's shoes.

 

"Ya Park Chanyeol! Stop that or else Nana will know what you have been up to lately," Baekhyun threatens, not in favor of the rapper's actions.

 

"Aish! I'm not going to do anything," he says in defense and then he laughs nervously.

 

"Just control the fanboying please," says Sehun with a roll of his eyes.

 

Baekhyun, Kai, Suho and Tao nods in agreement. But Tao's nod seems halfhearted.

 

Luhan laughs at what's happening.

 

 

At the kitchen, the three guys and Dara are busy with what D.O. assigns them to do. The easy tasks, such as peeling vegetables and cutting are given to her. 

 

On the other hand, Chen is not as clueless as he seems. If there's one thing he clearly notices since they met Dara noona, it is Minseok's happy-as-sunshine aura and that look he and Luhan exchange whenever her name is mentioned. Though that does not happen often, it does not escape his keen observation. He simply chooses to keep quiet about those.

 

In addition, he can't disregard the fact that Minseok's ideal type (most of the items) strangely resemble Dara noona. It can be just a coincidence but Chen has this strange feeling he is hiding something.

 

It's time for some investigation. If his speculation is true, it's time to help Minseok-ah. He'll call it Plan C.

 

Chen's intervention begins now.

 

 

After the hearty lunch, wherein their seating arrangement somehow ended up the same as it had been back in the dorm, through Chen's suggestion, all helped in clearing up the table. The tall ahjumma comes to pick up the dishes to be washed.

 

They go to the living room and Dara mentions the plan for later. "I heard you want to have a barbecue party at the rooftop later?"

 

"Ah yes, but with Luhan a little sick, should we postpone?" Suho is being considerate.

 

"I'm fine. Don't postpone it because of me." Luhan takes Suho's hand to guide it to his forehead so the leader can attest that the sick is feeling better.

 

"Okay, you seem to have a normal temperature."

 

The guys cheered, showing excitement for the dinner later.

 

 

A few hours after lunch, the guys retire to their rooms for a quick nap. But Suho has something different in mind. He goes to the balcony, and sure enough, his suspicion is confirmed. "What in the world?!" He finds Tao and Chanyeol in the pool, swimming to their hearts' content as if it's not cold. He can see clearly how their lips had turned a bit pale due to the biting coldness, and it's a little windy too.

 

"Hyung! Come and join us," Tao manages to say despite the fact that his lips are trembling, and his teeth are chattering.

 

"I think I know what the two of you are trying to do. Are you insane!? Get out of the pool this instant!" Suho-Eomma mode is on.

 

The two wordlessly gets out of the pool and immediately takes the towels that are on the lounge chairs nearby.

 

Wondering if that is even normal, Suho can only shake his head.

 

 

In her room, Dara makes a call to her grandmother.

 

"Halmeoni, I'm here in the inn."

 

-

 

"Mwo?!" A faint blush appears on her cheeks.

 

-

 

"Did he notice your inspection?" She sounds worried.

 

-

 

"I know. Isn't he cute?" She says a little shyly.

 

-

 

-

 

"Eomma does not know about them yet. I simply told her there's something I need to do here."

 

-

 

"You told Cheondoong? What did he say?"

 

-

 

"It's strange that he does not call me yet for verification."

 

-

 

"Ah really?"

 

-

 

-

 

"He's coming here?"

 

-

 

"Ah... Instead of checking-in a hotel he'll stay here a few days. Okay. I'll take care of it."

 

-

 

"Bye. Take care and enjoy your stay there."

 

 

The call ends, and Dara still feels a little worried about her brother knowing about her forming friendship with EXO.

 

 

At the rooftop barbecue dinner, as usual, Chef D.O. with the assistance of Lay is in charge of the grilling. Once a while, the maknaes Sehun and Kai gives a helping hand. It's a little windy but not as windy when Chen and DO grilled meat during EXO's Showtime.

 

Nearby, there's a big wooden bed where Dara and the rest are sitting cross-legged. On her left are Chen, Xiumin, Luhan, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho and Tao, who are on her right. They're all wearing jackets to protect them from the cold wind. But despite the weather, the sky is beautiful and gives a perfect view, tempting Dara to lie down and stargaze.

 

Xiumin notices how she often gazes at the sky; he knows what she is thinking. He wants to stargaze too and if he ever has the courage, maybe he can initiate before their break ends.

 

While Suho talks about what he saw from the balcony earlier, Tao and Chanyeol are both shooting daggers at their leader. They do not appreciate it being broadcast.

 

Despite being found out, Tao asks Dara if it was him who got sick, will she take care of him too the way she took care of Luhan? And the panda adds aegyo as if doing so will be necessary when any of them can safely assume she will take care of whoever it is.

 

Luhan can't help but feel a little uncomfortable when the subject is brought up. He and Xiumin haven't talked about it yet.

Please log in to read the full chapter