Stars

Express it Simply
Please log in to read the full chapter


Recap Chapter 21: While jogging, Dara asked Xiumin about his abs. She sprained her ankle and he had to carry her back to the house.

The guys played rock-paper-scissors game to determine who will carry her. Luhan won and Tao was envoius. She decided to let Tao carry her next.

Tao, Chen, D.O. and Xiumin accompanied her to the market and to the train station to pick-up Lee Joon.

 

 

"Thank you for the bubble tea Dara noona!" the guys exclaim in unison.


"Don't mention it. It's really nothing," she tells them with a smile. 


On the otherhand, Lee Joon is discreetly observing each of the EXO members, trying to look for any signs of 'Dara-fanboying.' Clearly, Tao and Chanyeol have it. But the MBLAQ member is certain there are others. They're just good at hiding it.


Dara grabs his arm and shakes it vigorously to get his attention. "Joon-ah, I'll show you to your room. Kindly please carry me," she says in a somewhat aegyo-filled and sweet voice. Violent coughs soon follow.


"Omo!" is Dara's reaction when she sees the four guys coughing and pounding on their chest.


Apparently, Tao, Chanyeol, Luhan and Xiumin choke on their bubble teas. They are obviously watching and they saw how she acted cutely towards Joon. The rest of the guys, well, their mouths hang open after witnessing her aegyo act.


Lee Joon finds their reactions amusing but is quick to smother the smile. He finds it interesting too while they try to recover.


Baekhyun is consoling Chanyeol who looks envious. Sehun is attending to Tao who looks betrayed because he is wondering why noona never uses aegyo with him. Chen is lightly rubbing the back of Xiumin who is wondering just how close her and Joon’s friendship is. Suho is attending to Luhan who's wondering why she's acting cute all of a sudden. D.O. immediately hands tissues to the guys so they can wipe their mouths and noses.


"I think they find your use of aegyo---" Lee Joon pauses dramatically, the others and Dara wait for what he has to say. "Quite disturbing,” he continues.


The boys gesture that it's not what they are thinking at all. They seem to have simultaneously lost their vocal chords.


"Ya!" Dara's eyes look murderous as she hits Lee Joon lightly on the head. "Ow!" He is within her reach since he's already crouching, all prepared to carry her.

 

He has the habit of teasing her about her aegyo. So in order get even, she uses it as much as possible to get on his nerves.


"I'm so sorry in behalf of this old lady," Lee Joon apologizes while Dara's face turns red in embarrassment.


"Ya!"


"Let's go noona," finally Lee Joon carries her away because if he continues, she might resort to strangling him.

 

 

"But why is Dara noona not joining us later?" Tao wonders out loud.


Earlier, D.O., Chen and Lay were at the kitchen preparing the food for dinner when Lee Joon approached them to relay Dara's message.


Tao arrives in time to see him leave.


"Didn't D.O. already say why?" Chen asks, pretending to be irritated, while he cut the pork meat into bite-size pieces.


"That's a very vague reason," Tao points out, evidently looking for a more specific explanation.


"Aish! Stop analyzing. Just chop this will you," Chen hands him three medium onions.


Wordlessly, Tao starts peeling and chopping. 


Minutes later, they hear him sniffing. They laugh when they find a tearful Tao. The panda wipes his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt in between chopping and sniffing.


"Just let it flow. Cry it out," D.O. fake-consoles Tao. He seem to be implying that Dara noona not joining them at dinner later because she chose to be with Lee Joon, may have been the reason behind Tao's breakdown.


Lay and Chen do not understand what D.O. means. So the owl explains that Tao may have been jealous of Lee Joon, because the panda thinks the MBLAQ member is Dara noona’s fanboy even though she already said he is not.


This information leads Chen to think of someone who might get jealous too.

 

 

After dinner, the guys gather at the living room to watch television and chitchat during commercial breaks. One of the main topics is Tao's breakdown, thanks to D.O. for bringing it up.


The guys start to console him playfully. He replies by repeatedly saying that's not what really happened while glaring at D.O. who is laughing at his expense.


Suho comes to the rescue by bringing up a new topic. Miraculously they are attentive to him while he tells them that Manager-hyung called earlier, asking how they were doing. He replied that they're enjoying the vacation and there's nothing to be worried about. "He told me to tell you to update your SNS accounts. It's not mandatory but he believes the fans need to at least know we are fine."


"Hyung, can we upload some of the noraebang videos?" Tao asks, causing Chen to respond positively.


Base on the look on the troll's face, he loves the panda's suggestion. "That's a very brilliant idea." Chen looks around at the faces of the other members who can't comprehend where Tao's evilness is coming from. "Don't you think so guys?"


The panda may have kept a grudge since they laughed at him minutes ago. Most probably, this is his revenge.


Sehun, who is contemplating whether he did something embarrassing that night, finally speaks up after realizing he does not really care. "Let's decide by playing rock-paper-scissors game," he suggests with an equally evil smile.


Him and Tao are hanging out together way too much, Suho realizes. Clearly not in favor, the leader speaks up. "Aren't you tired of playing that game?"


"Why don't we just post all of it?" Chanyeol says innocently.


Suho realizes someone is more evil than Tao and Sehun as he narrows his eyes at Chanyeol's thrilled expression.


This earns a split decision from the others. Sehun, Tao, Xiumin and Baekhyun are not against it but some of them are not really excited about it either. Meanwhile, Suho, D.O. and Kai are against it. Luhan and Lay are undecided but are leaning more towards agreeing to it since they think fairness is what should be upheld.

 

"Don't be such a killjoy Suho-hyung." Chen is focused on convincing the leader, who is the most reluctant. "The noraebang video is really nothing compared to the ‘Something' parody in SM Town concert."

 

 

Dara can hear the faint laughter from where she and Lee Joon are. They just finished eating at the kitchen's mini counter; he’s drinking coffee while she drinks hot green tea.


They are trying to catch up with each other, thus her decision to not join EXO for dinner.


"Admit in. You coming here is Cheondoong's idea right?" she asks while eyeing Joon for signs of dishonesty. She can easily read him if he's lying.


As if what she said is offending, his eyes widen, an obvious attempt at faking surprise. She can only shake her head in disapproval.


“Aish. Noona, Cheondoong told me to come here and check on you. And besides, I wanted to see you too,” he says with toothy smile.

 

She knows very well that he’s using his aegyo to get away with being interrogated further.

 

Aigo. That charming smile is working on her. She sighs and decides to ask about the film instead. “So what’s this movie all about?”

 

“It's a romantic comedy," he answers sparingly, after taking a sip of coffee.

 

She waits for what more he has to say but nothing follows that general statement of his. "That's it?" She is hoping to get at least an overview.

 

"It's confidential," he says at last.

 

That explains the meager answer. "Aish! It's not like I'll go screaming about it." She pouts after realizing he is serious about keeping it confidential.

 

"I'm sorry noona, I really can't tell you," he says firmly. 

 

"Okay," she says, clearly disappointed. "But who's the leading lady?" She wants to get a view at least if he and his partner have chemistry.


"All I can disclose at the moment is she's older by five years; her character is older than mine," he replies with an apologetic smile.

 

"Ooh... So it's the 'older woman younger man' kind of romance," she comments, her eyes widening a little.

 

Joon nods, finding her expression cute. He can assume that she's really very curious, most especially when she heard about the age difference.

 

 

Later that night before they go to bed, the boys decide to upload videos when finally the reluctant leader gives in---thanks to Chen and Chanyeol's incessant efforts to convince him. They're all in one room (Suho's group's room in particular), talking about the order.


After a few minutes of deliberation, it is decided the order will be determined by drawing lots from Chanyeol's cap; the pieces of paper with their names on it are prepared by Tao and Chen.


Since Chen has no video, Tao suggests that they upload his hysterical laughter during Suho's performance. Tao was able to have Sehun record it; not just that but all of Chen’s reaction to each performance, just the chorus partsin Tao’s opinion, his reaction to Suho is the most hilarious.

 

Upon hearing that, the crease in Suho's beautiful forehead deepens, more so when Chen instantly agrees.

 

 

The next day, Lay approaches Dara whom he finds at the cafe. She just finished having coffee with Joon. The actor excuses himself while she looks at Lay expectantly. She is hoping that it's about the piano lesson. She's been excited about it since the other day.

 

"Are you busy noona?" He does not sit on the chair vacated by Joon.

 

"Aniyo," she answers while not taking her eyes off his serene expression. He looks handsome even in his out-of-bed hair.

 

"Do you want to start the lesson?"

 

"Now?" she asks in delight.

 

"Ne."

 

"Sure. But aren't you going to have coffee and bread first?" She stands but does not take a step to go to the upright piano.

 

"I'll do that later," he replies while making an after you gesture.

 

They walk in silence to the upright piano. Lay, who seem to be the quiet type, gestures for her to sit on the right.

 

"Are the others still asleep?" she asks to fill in the somewhat awkward silence.

 

"Some of them are already awake. They just don't feel like going down yet, I guess," he turns to her with a small smile and his dimples become visible. "Let's begin," he says, fingers already poised over the piano keys.

 

"Alright," she agrees excitedly while eyeing his slender hands.

 

More than half

Please log in to read the full chapter