Arrangement

Express it Simply
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: XiuDara feels ahead v^_^v  By the way, the idea of their ‘sleeping arrangement’ comes from the drama ‘scent of a woman.’ I just added some of my own imagination to it. Happy reading!

 

 

Recap Chapter 10: By chance, Xiumin and Dara met again. They are chased by Xiumin’s overexcited fangirls. Left without a choice, they hide in a boat. And they find themselves stuck for the night in the house of a married couple who didn’t recognize them as famous idols but assumed that they are lovers.

 

 

Dara and Xiumin linger at the living room, looking at some tourist and food magazines. When she’s done flipping through the pages, she looks at her watch and yelps. “Omo!” She smacks her forehead recalling how she left Jisoo at the grill house. She hurriedly takes out her phone. There are several missed calls from Jisoo and her grandmother. How careless of her. It was in silent mode and she forgot to turn on the vibrating alert. She turns to Xiumin who appears to have been watching her all this time. “I have to make some calls,” she simply says, not waiting for him to reply.

 

Outside, she paces nervously while waiting for her friend to answer. On the second ring, Jisoo finally picks up, “Yaaaa! Where are you?” There is concern and a tinge of annoyance in her voice. Dara can understand why.

 

“Mianhae Jisoo-ya. I ran into a friend of mine---and we’re together now.” She hates lying but she can’t blatantly say what really happened. “Where are you? Are you still at the grill house?” She hopes Jisoo decides to go home because Dara will feel very guilty if her friend waited for so long.

 

It is a relief to hear that Jisoo is home; she lives near the inn. “Again, mianhae.” Dara apologizes sincerely. She vows to make it up to her. “Uhm did grandmother call you to look for me?”

 

“Oh—what did you say?”

-

 

“Ah—okay. I’ll call her now. Sorry again for making you worry and wait.”

-

 

“Thanks. Bye.”

-

 

Dara calls her grandmother. At first she is scolded for not calling back immediately. She apologizes until her grandmother is completely pacified. She says she’s staying in with a friend nearby Haeundae beach and will be home tomorrow morning. Again, she lies about the ‘friend.’

 

Thankfully, she does not have to lie any further when her grandmother does not ask about who’s the friend she’s with.

 

She returns to the living room and sees Xiumin looking at her as if wanting to say something because he opens his mouth and then closes it.

 

“Why?” Dara asks, while she sits beside him.

 

“I’m very sorry Dara noona for getting you into this mess,” he says and then bows sincerely.

 

“It’s not your fault,” she says. “By the way, have you called your friends?” she asks, wondering why she has not seen him make any calls.

 

“Um---about that... Well…” He nervously fidgets with his cap, not knowing where to begin. There is hesitation and his cheeks turn a little flushed. He puts the cap on the table and scratches his nape.

 

Dara figures out his problem. He doesn’t have his phone with him. “Aigo, this kid. Why didn’t you bring your phone?” She hands him her phone, while shaking her head in disapproval. “Here, use this. Do you at least have one number memorized?”

 

He accepts the phone, thanks her immensely and then says he knows Luhan’s number.

 

Yep, that’s definitely XiuHan.

 

 

“Wait a second,” Dara calls out, before Xiumin can go outside. “What are you going to say to Luhan-ssi?”

 

“Don’t worry noona, I got it all figured out. He won’t know you are with me.” He smiles at her reassuringly.

 

She’s taken aback by his smile. And then she nods slowly. “Okay, thanks,” she replies, barely recovering from the effects.

 

Xiumin turns to leave, feeling so ashamed that he has to use her phone.

 

 

Back at the hotel.

 

“Mwo!?” Luhan’s loud voice resounds, causing the other members to look at each other in alarm. “Why?” They notice the concern in his voice and he looks kind of troubled too.

 

A few minutes later of inconsistencies in the volume of his voice, “Arasseo, I’ll tell manager-hyung. Bye.” Luhan’s forehead creases in distress.

 

“Luhan-ge, is that Minseok-ah?” Chen asks while the rest watches in silence.

 

“Ne. He won’t be sleeping here tonight. And tomorrow, he may not be able to make it on time. He said he’ll just take the next train back to Seoul. He ran into some trouble and is now stuck in a place less than thirty minutes away by boat. Some fans recognized him, and he had to run and hide. But don’t worry. He says the couple who helped him is very kind.”

 

 

Back at the living room, the supposed ‘young lovers’ is sitting beside each other, with enough space between t

Please log in to read the full chapter