Lonely

Express it Simply
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Recap Chapter 1: After attending an event, Xiumin and Luhan went to a café. Luhan learned about Xumin’s secret: of being a 2NE1 fanboy, but failed to know his IDEAL TYPE. Xiumin thought Park Sandara is pretty and charming; he admires her but he refuses to admit to himself that she’s his ideal type.

 

 

Dara sighs while looking out the window from where she sits at a table for two in a coffee shop, miles away from where she lives (currently with her mom and siblings). The slice of lemon cake is half eaten and the kiwi shake half-empty, no longer icy. Her mood instantly turns gloomy at the sight of how windy it is outside. Trees swaying and the sky darkening. An indication that any moment it will rain.

 

Earlier when she arrived at the cafe wearing a plain white cotton shirt, jeans ripped at the knees, black converse sneakers, black snapback and sunglasses, inspiration to write something fills her. Might be a poem or anything she could compose into a song once she gets home where her guitar rests on its stand, untouched for more than a week.

 

She runs her hands over the smooth surface of her open notebook--- the page is painfully blank despite having been there for almost an hour since ten o’clock. Sighing in dissatisfaction, she goes back to gazing at the dark sky. It is taking its time to cry so she glances around the café once more, looking for anything interesting, anything that will spark her diminishing inspiration.

 

What she likes most about this café is there aren’t too many people, especially during weekdays. No one seems to have recognized her except for the young girl at the counter (who didn’t ask for Dara’s autograph today since she already got it a month ago). That was the first time she came to the cafe. And it seems the young girl isn’t one to tell about her frequent visits to the place. No one bothered her in her own little world except for a few fans who want her autograph. They were very thoughtful fans, respectful to her privacy.

 

She looks at the sky sadly. Whether the change in her mood is caused entirely by the 'bad weather' she can't tell. But one thing's for sure. There's something about this kind of weather that ruins her mood somehow. Besides the fact that she already feels lonely and sad, it made her feel even more so.

 

Lonely because she's alone. Sad because she's still alone. She thinks this with a touch of mockery. She recalls what her mother said about being lonely. She glances promptly at some couples who are cozy with each other. What she sees add more to her mounting doubts. The couples are younger than her and they’re already in such relationships. Something Dara is searching for but can’t seem to find.

 

Loneliness is indeed a phase that any aging single woman such as her goes through in life. Especially when she has a mother who keeps on nagging about dating and marriage and children.

 

Certainly, her mother is too eager to give her hand away in marriage. It's not that marriage never crossed Dara’s mind. It does once in a while. It is simply because she hasn’t met him yet---the one she’s going to marry. She can blame it on her weird personality or maybe she just doesn't have the time to date. But her mother's meddling with her love life, or lack thereof, is starting to trouble her.

 

She’s a home body person mostly (whenever she’s on break from work) but that changed when her mother started inquiring about her love life several weeks ago.

 

Today is one of those days when she ended up making excuses just so she can go out. It is a white lie she had to tell her mother that she had to go out for work; truth is she went out because she needs to avoid the non-stop plaguing.

 

Perhaps her mother is right; she is getting old and somehow it will make finding someone to grow old with a bit difficult, not to mention how hard it will be for child-bearing if she reaches past thirty-five. She’s already thirty-two and it is regretful how time flies so fast.

 

Dara feels deeply distressed. Is it time to panic the same way her mother does? It seems all the nagging is finally getting to her.

 

Finally, rain begins to fall. She can't help but reminisce about her ideal date in this kind of weather: On a rainy day, she forgets her umbrella, and so her boyfriend takes off his jacket to put it on her. One of her fantasies way back when the question 'what's an ideal date’ would come up in an interview. It had been years indeed, and such dream remains a dream. But when it does happen, she hopes he is someone she can eventually marry.

 

With this train of thoughts, she'll probably end up writing something about the perils of being lonely. TT_TT

 

Please log in to read the full chapter