Smile

Express it Simply
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I am very sorry for the late update. Please be advised that most of what you'll read are made-up (during the game ^_^).

 

 

Recap chapter 23: Dara was enchanted by Xiumin's smile resulting to a difficulty is sleeping.

The fans were curious about EXO's location but the boys restrained themselves from disclosing it since soon they'll be going back to Seoul. 

The little white lie Dara told her mother seemed to be catching up on her.

The awaited camping had the boys, and even Dara, excited.

 

 

The night breeze cause some of the boys to slightly shiver (well because some of them wore jackets without a hoodie) despite the crackling fire and the heat it provides. Dara is well aware of the boy sitting on her left who seems to have caught a cold. Before her mind can further wander to whether or not she should hand him a tissue when she heard him sniff, the boys cheer the moment Chen mentions about the games.

 

Aigo. What most of the young boys wait for has finally arrived. This she thinks while a smile graces her lips upon seeing their obvious excitement.

 

But the truth is, the boys feel both excited and nervous. How can they not feel so, when they see Chen's grin? Knowing him, he probably came up with some weird (probably sadistic) games.

 

"Let's play Two Truths and a Lie," Chen, who still has the meaningful grin on, announces.

 

Not against the idea but is oblivious to Chen's motives, Baekhyun is skeptical. "Why? Don't we already know almost everything about each other?"

 

Chanyeol, who's very aware of Dara's presence, shakes his head vigorously. "Not really and besides..." his gaze darts towards the girl whose petite frame is almost dwarfed by Tao and Xiumin.

 

All eyes focus to her. 

 

Her eyebrows slowly furrow while she wonders what they mean. She looks at Chen, awaiting an explanation.

 

"That's the catch." He smiles with unmasked mischief. "Since Dara noona is still in the process of getting to know us, she will be the one to make guesses, that is if she won't mind."

 

He smiles encouragingly at her, almost pleadingly, hoping she'll accept the proposition without any hesitation.

 

Suho, who seem to be desperately trying to send Chen a silent message that maybe it's too much, is purposely ignored. 

 

Even the discreet poking at the troll's waist is mercilessly ignored.

 

Dara knows it'll be interesting to make the guesses. She almost says yes but she needs to know something first. "What if I got it wrong?" she asks in mild concern. There has to be another catch in this kind of game, right?

 

She looks worried and the boys who eye her facial expression ever since the game is announced find the furrowing of her eyebrows adorable, add to it the apple hairstyle---she looks like a little kid, not a noona who's already past thirty years of age.

 

There's a somewhat creepy smile on Chen's face. The boys, excluding the hyung and the leader, anticipate to hear his answer. "You'll have to do whatever we ask of you," he says, discarding the smile for a grave expression.

 

"Yah!" is Xiumin and Suho's simultaneous reaction.

 

Their objection makes Dara cringe a little.

 

Though she finds Chen's condition a little vague, she's certain they won't be asking her anything she won't be capable of doing. Right? She trusts them completely.

 

Chen chuckles at Xiumin's obvious concern. "I'm just kidding."

 

This he says more to Suho than Xiumin, who's getting more confused by the second. He has the faintest idea what Chen is really up to. That's something to be nervous about.

 

"I think it's a good idea, that Dara noona will be the one to guess. She'll know more about us," Sehun suddenly says.

 

Most of the boys nod in agreement, except of course the protective Xiumin, who seems to take to heart a little too seriously what Chen said earlier.

 

Tao is clearly very curious about the consequence. "But what will really happen if she's wrong?"

 

This causes Suho's attention to transfer to the panda as if he asked the leader to buy him a Gucci bag or something. The leader's eyes is wide---as if Kyungsoo had possessed him.

 

"We get to ask noona a question, that's all. She can comment and ask questions too about our truths and lie." Chen finally reveals.

 

Dara realizes there is nothing dangerous about such condition so she accepts with a shrug of her shoulders. "Okay, let's do that." She's excited to know more about them.

 

She rubs her palms together, an act to show them she's not scared of the consequences. Her cute gesture earns a chuckle from the boys.

 

Xiumin and Suho are still not completely convinced though.

 

This does not escape her so she tries to pacify them. "Don't worry Xiumin-ssi and Suho-ssi, I can handle it." She gives them a reassuring smile before addressing Chen. "So who's first to give two truths and a lie?"

 

"Before that, let's do this first." Chen is smiling widely.

 

Another cause for the rest of the boys to wonder for what reason.

 

To their complete puzzlement, Chen digs a handful of rubber bands from his jacket's pocket. They can't think of a game related to rubber bands. Simply put, they have no idea what he has in mind. He stands and hands each of the boys a rubber band, except for Dara who's become more puzzled than she already is.

 

He resumes his seat and then smirks at Dara as if to say she's going to love what he is about to do. 

 

"Don't be such a killjoy!" he exclaims while tying the top hair in an apple hairstyle.

 

Dara can't help but chuckle at the sight of Chen struggling to tie his hair neatly. He's actually very cute; the style made his face shape more prominent, the cheekbones in particular.

 

"For real?!" Kai and Kyungsoo ask in unison. Both are too shy to try and be seen by Dara in such hairstyle.

 

"Yes. Seriously, you two should let go and be silly sometimes," Chen replies while playfully shaking his head; his hairstyle becomes a little messy than it already is. Dara is almost tempted to tie it properly for him.

 

The two exchange quizzical looks but when they notice the others tying their hair, they both sigh in defeat. They also notice Dara noona's hopeful smile so silently, they do what they are told.

 

Minutes later, Dara can barely contain her giggles when she sees the boys' cute and adorable faces.

 

She inhales sharply, 'actress mode' on. She pinches the bridge of her nose, as though the current situation is a struggle. "Aigo, you're all too cute. How can I ever concentrate in the game?" She looks at all of them.

 

"Really noona?" Tao asks, his expression is filled with aegyo if that is still even possible.

 

"For real," she mumbles then looks around one more time before her gaze settles on Chen, waiting for instructions.

 

"Let the games begin. Chanyeol first," Chen says.

 

The rapper rubs his chin while thinking.

 

CHANYEOL: "I seriously considered growing my hair long so that it'll cover my big ears." He absentmindedly covers it which feels more exposed due to the current hairstyle.

 

"I own an Etude poster of Dara noona which is still taped in my closet door at home. Minho-hyung gave it to me," he says, rather shyly while putting down his hands slowly.

 

"I'm used to Kyungsoo ignoring me," he says in a hurt tone while throwing a quick glance at D.O.

 

Few seconds later, she points out that the second one is a lie.

 

Chanyeol looks disappointed that she got it right therefore he can't ask her a question. "It's a half lie. What I have is the Cass beer poster," he admits.

 

"Oh," is her only response to that for she does not know what else to say. About his ears though, she has something to admit to him. "Anyway, don't worry about your ears. You still look cute."

 

Baekhyun slaps his back lightly to bring Chanyeol back from his trance. His face feels hot by the way due to the unexpected compliment.

 

"In behalf of Chanyeol, thank you very much Dara noona," Baekhyun bows to her playfully.

 

BAEKHYUN: "I am a little envious of Minseok-hyung's abs but then I can never give up Nutella because it's yummy."

 

At this, the boys crack-up, and Dara laughs along too.

 

"I once considered dressing-up as a girl and pretend to be my friend's girlfriend so that people will stop spreading rumors about his preference."

 

Chen and Xiumin subtly exchange knowing looks. The friend he refers to, is it Xiumin?

 

"My favorite brand of eyeliner is Clio," he finishes and then bats his eyes.

 

Her eyes slightly narrow while intently looking at him, who's donning his well-known square smile. She's having a hard time choosing to be honest compared to Chanyeol's earlier. But she needs to give an answer. "The last one is a lie?"

 

Baekhyun shakes his head. "I'll never dress-up as a girl, even if my friend cries and begs me to do it. Clio brand is really daebak--- it brings out my beautiful eyes more. And Nutella is the best!"

 

Dara laughs. 

 

Now what will he ask?

 

"So noona, who wore the apple hairstyle better?" He acts cutely as though wanting to get picked.

 

And she thought he's going to ask something that's difficult to answer.

 

When the question finally sinks in her brain, she looks around one more time to inspect them one by one.

 

But there's no denying who's the cutest because earlier she noticed it already. It seems he is currently staring into space.

 

She clears . "Hmm, please do know that all of you are cute," she begins. Before she can continue, the troll speaks for her.

 

"It's just that someone has to be the cutest," Chen finishes.

 

"Right," she agrees rather gratefully. "And the winner is---" She points at the unsuspecting boy. "Xiumin-ssi!" 

 

The cutest's hands fly to his cheeks after hearing it, obviously in shock at her unexpected answer.

 

She mentally commends herself for blurting that out without feeling her face getting hot in embarrassment. She's pretty sure her facial expression does not give away any hint of the tinge of attraction she feels for him. Hopefully.

 

"A good choice," Chanyeol sincerely tells her. He thinks so too, that the oldest is the cutest. And now Umin-hyung is fanning his face.

 

"Can somebody please tell me how to be Umin-hyung?" Tao pretends to be disappointed for not getting picked.

 

That unanswered question earns a chuckle from everyone.

 

It's the turn of one of the shiest in the group; Kai looks a little uncomfortable.

 

KAI: "I was---uh---heartbroken for a while when Han Ye Seul and---Teddy announced their relationship," he says, unable to hide the sadness in his voice.

 

That earns Ohs and Ahs from the boys. Dara is simply quiet, thinking how she can relate to what he felt, if ever that is true; she was heartbroken for a while too because of Won Bin.

 

"I practiced doing aegyo in front of a mirror for a day and felt stupid after that, so I gave up, never tried again." He is looking at the fire; his way of coping with the embarrassment.

 

"I can finish a whole chicken in half an hour."

 

Dara rubs her chin while thinking. Maybe it won't hurt to tell them she watched EXO's showtime. "The last one is a lie."

 

"How did you know noona?" is Kai's response.

 

"Actually, I saw that episode where you were given a whole chicken each to finish and none of you were able to do it. Is that still the case?" She's too curious not to ask and therefore reveal the fangirl inside.

 

"You're right, the last one is a lie. I still can't finish it; not one of us is able to."

 

"Will you believe if I tell you that I can?"

 

"For real?!" is the simultaneous reaction of the boys. How is that even possible?

 

"Well, uhm, that was one time. You see, I was really very hungry," she says in defense.

 

"Daebak!" Kai's expression is filled with awe.

 

After the commotion over her unbelievable feat, they move on to the maknae.

 

SEHUN: "I have tasted all the flavors of bubble tea there is in Seoul."

 

Dara notices the disbelieving look in Tao's face.

 

"I received a gift certificate for one-year free bubble tea for my last birthday." 

 

Tao and Kai cannot hide their surprise at hearing this. They are thinking the same---if ever it's true, how dare Sehun not tell them about it. That had been six months ago!

 

"I want to own a bubble tea shop someday."

 

"Omo, all about bubble teas," she can't help but comment.

 

Sehun gives her a cheeky smile.

 

"The first one is a lie."

 

"Are you sure noona?"

 

"Not really. But that's my final answer."

 

He sighs when he realizes she won't be changing her answer.

 

"You got it right. I don't have the luxury of time to taste all flavors, but I want to try."

 

"You didn't tell us about that one year free bubble tea. How could you?" Tao accuses while Kai is silently accusing with his eyes.

 

"I told you awhile ago, haven't I?" Sehun replies, not bothering to hide the eye-rolling.

 

"And to think you always asks us for a bubble tea treat almost everyday. How many bubble teas can you drink in a day anyway?" The whining continues.

 

Watching them bicker, in her opinion, is very entertaining.

 

"Alright, stop whining, please. I'll treat you next time."

 

"Really? That's a deal then!" Tao quiets down after that.

 

Kai can only shake his head at how abrupt he changes his mind after being bribed.

 

"Your turn," Chen reminds the panda who seems to be thinking still about the deal.

 

TAO: "I prefer walking alone by the beach."

 

"Poor Candy, she's never been to the beach I guess," Chen remarks with a smirk.

 

"Except for Candy," Tao corrects quickly.

 

"Okay, she's very lucky," the troll fake-gushes.

 

Dara chuckles quietly.

 

"I am scared of ghosts ever since I was old enough to know what ghosts are," he reveals with a serious expression.

 

"I always try to buy anything Gucci during trips for out-of-the-country shows."

 

These statements cause a confusion among some of the boys except Sehun and Kai, who know very well which one is a lie. The rest are having a hard time guessing. So is Dara, who's eyebrows are furrowing in deep contemplation.

 

She knows that he loves Gucci and that he prefers walking alone by the beach--- that she read when she stumbled upon some EXO memes posted on Instagram. It seems like there's a backstory in the second statement. "You're not really scared of ghosts when you were a child, were you?"

 

"No," he replies with pride.

 

"That is a lie!" Baekhyun pretends to protest just so he can annoy him.

 

"I'm telling the truth," he quickly replies.

 

Sehun and Kai can barely hold the shaking of their shoulders due to restrained laughter at Tao's facial expression--- don't get them wrong, it's not ugly but it's not beautiful either. It's simply funny.

 

The words tumble out of his mouth as quickly as it can. "I'm not scared of ghost, not until when I was ten years old because I have a friend who has a third eye and he would always tell me I have a constant companion---" he trails off with a shudder and then proceeds to rub his arms. 

 

The memory gives him goosebumps up to this day. Why in the world did he ever mention it? Now he's scared.

 

"Your turn Umin-hyung." Tao says, still rubbing away the goosebumps.

 

XIUMIN: "I have a tattoo."

 

"I bet it's a barb wire. I wonder where that is?" Chen can't help but comment in a husky voice that's still audible enough, earning laughter from the boys.

 

Tao's laugh is the loudest. It seems he momentarily forgot about ghosts.

 

Dara's eyes widen at the possibility of

Please log in to read the full chapter