Sunrise

Express it Simply
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: A longer (fluffy) chapter for you all. Happy reading!  ^.^

 

 

Recap Chapter 11: Dara and Xiumin both made calls to inform family/friends of their whereabouts without telling they are ‘together.’ Their night together in one room began and Dara was determined to break the awkwardness.

 

 

Xiumin takes a long while in the bathroom. He brushes his teeth, washes his face and neck, unhurried. After drying it with the facial tissue, he lets a few minutes pass before deciding to come out. Deep inside, he hopes that she is already asleep.

 

It turns out she is not. He finds her sitting, her knees drawn towards her chest. He notices that the window is open and their sleeping areas are arranged---separated less than a foot apart.

 

“Finally, you’re done.” She turns to squint at him.

 

He wonders what she means. Has she been waiting? He walks over to his area to sit cross-legged, takes off his jacket to fold it neatly and place near his pillow. “What is it Dara noona?” he inquires, hoping that the air of unease will finally vanish.

 

“Should we turn off the light?”

 

Xiumin holds in a chuckle that threatens to come out. For a moment, he thought she is going to say something very serious---so it is just about the light.

 

“Uhmm… I can sleep even with the light on.”

 

“Okay, let’s just leave the light on then.” She stretches her arms over her head and then lies on her back. She pulls the blanket over her up to her waist.

 

Xiumin does the same; he lies on his back and stares at the ceiling.

 

And they lie there wide awake, the sound of waves in the background.

 

Moments later, the silence breaks when she whines as quietly as she can to avoid waking up the couple in the next room. “Aish! I can’t sleep!” She sits upright in disappointment.

 

Her abrupt movement startles Xiumin. He can’t help but think that maybe it’s his fault why she can’t sleep. He sits as well, looking at her side profile. Her hands are on her temples, clutching it as if she’s going crazy.

 

“I’m very, very sorry Dara-noona, that you are in this situation with me,” he says sincerely, following her example of talking quietly. She looks at him. When she does not respond, he decides to bow so deep that his forehead will have touched the floor if not for her intervention.

 

“Omo!” She touches his forehead with her left hand, stopping his attempt. “Aigo. Didn’t you apologize already and I said it was okay, right?” She pushes him gently to sit upright.

 

“But it’s still my fault that you can’t sleep," he says, very aware of how her hand grazed his forehead a while ago.

 

“Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault those overexcited fans want to chase you so passionately,” she says that to make him feel assured. “I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

 

He clasps his hands together, while admitting, “I panicked when I saw them running towards us. They are too many to handle…” he trailed off, looking at the floor. “I end up taking you with me and made a run for it. I’m very sorry.”

 

“Another sorry and I’ll hit you,” she says seriously while shaking her head. What can she say to reassure him?

 

“Mwo?!” he says in surprise, watchful if she really will hit him.

 

She moves to completely face him and then crosses her arms across her chest. She feels brave enough to look him in the eye now. “It’s not your fault that I can’t sleep. It’s because of indigestion. It’s not too serious; I just feel like my stomach is bloated.”

 

He slowly nods his head, his mouth partly open. “Ah---really? You’re not making that up to reassure me, are you?” He finally feels at ease again talking to her. It’s as if they are back in the café; only now, he feels braver for some good-natured banter.

 

She laughs quietly and raises her right hand, “I promise,” then uses it to rub over her stomach, “I must have eaten too much jjajangmyeon.”

 

“Must have?” he teases, chuckling a little at the memory of her big appetite.

 

“Ya!” and then her hand flies to instantly upon realizing her voice is too loud. “What are you laughing at?” she hisses.

 

“I just recalled how much you love eating jjajangmyeon.”

 

“I can’t help it,” she smiles a little embarrassed. “It’s your favorite too,” she adds.

 

“Ne.”

 

“Anyway, back to what happened earlier at the café---the truth is I panicked too. I feel like they will be after me since they saw me talking to you. Do you think they saw my face?” She worries about what might happen if she’s recognized.

 

“I don’t think so. You were dressed like someone who doesn’t want to be identified at all.”

 

She laughs softly. “I think I’ve already become an expert in that field.”

 

“Most idols have become experts,” he says in agreement.

 

“But what I’m really worried about is people recognizing it’s me you are with. We both don’t want another rumor spreading to put us in the spotlight. We’ve been there recently.” She says, and he understands what she means.

 

“Actually, uhm... Dara-noona, there is something you must know,” he begins, not knowing how to tell her that Chen and he weren’t able to keep their promise to her.

 

“What is it?”

 

He wants to come clean, for both his and Chen’s sakes. “Uhm---about that promise you want us to keep.”

 

“Oh, that. Don’t worry, I don’t think both of you had anything to do with the article that came out---about me dating.”

 

“Ah, yes, we have nothing to do with it but... uhm, you see, the next day, you’re dating activity became a hot topic during breakfast at our dorm, so uh---that’s why, Chen and I end up telling the others about seeing you at the café,” he watches her expression, “and that it was only a set-up date…” he finishes, hoping she will not be upset. “Chen and I made sure the others will keep it a secret,” he adds quickly.

 

“Aaah… It’s okay. I’ve already taken care of it more than a week ago; a statement’s been released about how the meeting is only a friendly date. But of course I left out the detail of it being a date set-up by my mother. It’s a little embarrassing...” she says dismissively. It relieves him to see it is not a big deal.

 

“Really?” He opts to pretend he doesn't know. Chanyeol the reporter is the one who informed them of the statement---he's such a dedicated 2NE1 fanboy indeed. Xiumin does not dwell on it anymore since it’s already a close case. 

 

“Yes. And I won’t be seeing him again. He says I’m not his ideal--- Omo! I’m saying too much.” She stops, her cheeks flushing a little bit. “Anyway, it’s just a relief that I won’t be caught dating in the next few days. However, my mother is too keen to give me away,” she says unhappi

Please log in to read the full chapter