Our Night; Take Two

Four Years Later...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was ecstatic, it was just an hour away from his date with Baekhyun. He couldn’t stop moving, he was walking all around his house to try and calm his nerves. Tonight had to, had to, had to be absolutely perfect and there was nothing that Chanyeol would allow to mess up their date.

He checked his watch for the millionth time, only two minutes had passed since he last checked it that meant fifty eight more minutes until his date. Chanyeol groaned “Hurry up time I want to see Baekkie.” He whined to himself.

Suddenly there was a knock at his door, Chanyeol walked over to his front door and opened it. It was Kris, Sehun and some girls that seemed awfully friendly with Kris while Sehun just stood there.

“Hey bud, what you up to tonight?” Kris was a little buzzed.

Chanyeol looked at his two best friends “I’m busy tonight sorry, and no you can’t stay here tonight.” He said.

Kris frowned “Why you gotta be such a buzz kill on this amazing Friday night?” he asked.

“I have plans, take your little s somewhere else Yifan.” He said before shutting the door.

Chanyeol felt bad for Sehun that he had to stay with Kris, but he wouldn’t allow anything to ruin his date night.

He checked his watch again, only about forty minutes left, Chanyeol decided that was enough time so after he was sure Kris and Sehun had left with the girls, he went out to his car and drove to the flower shop he’d visited earlier that day to get some flowers to give to Baek when he arrived for their date.

“Hi, a bouquet of red roses please.” Chanyeol smiled to the woman.

She smiled with a nod “Coming right up.”

Within ten minutes Chanyeol was walking out of the flower shop and back to his car with a large bouquet of red roses and was making his way to Baekhyun’s house to pick him up. Chanyeol was nervous when he pulled up to Baekhyun’s house, he’d never been so nervous in his life.

Swallowing the lump in his throat he took the roses in his hand and walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. After hearing some shuffling inside the door opened and Baekhyun stood before him in a black suit with a purple undershirt and no tie, Baekhyun smiled when he saw it was Chanyeol at his front door.

“Hi, you’re here.” Baekhyun said as he opened the door “Um, it’ll still be a couple minutes, would you like to come in?” Baekhyun asked a little shyly.

Chanyeol flashed his toothy grin “If you don’t mind.” He said, Baekhyun shook his head and stepped aside letting Chanyeol in.

Chanyeol then remembered the roses in his hands “Ah, these are for you, I hope you like them, they’re cheesy I know, but that’s my style.”

Baekhyun took the roses and laughed “they’re beautiful thank you Chanyeol.”

“Of course.” Chanyeol took off his shoes and followed Baekhyun into his house.

Walking behind Baekhyun, Chanyeol felt overwhelmed by how warm the house felt, it felt like there was always something going on, there was always someone there to keep the house warm. Chanyeol smiled when he walked into the living room to see pictures on the walls and candles with little arrangements on the tables, there were adult and children books scattered on the couch and on the small coffee table, he figured they were MiRae’s and Baekhyun’s.

“Sorry, I lost track of time, you don’t mind dropping MiRae off at Lay’s and Suho’s before our date, right?” Baekhyun asked walking out of the kitchen with the roses now in a vase.

“Not at all, where is she?” Chanyeol asked glancing around.

“Baby! Are you ready yet?” Baekhyun asked as he walked towards the stairs.

There was movement upstairs and then a door closed “I’m coming mommy.” MiRae then appeared at the top of the stairs, she was wearing pants and a panda sweatshirt with a hood that had panda ears on it and her hair was in pig tails.

“Uncle Yeolie!” She cheered happily when she saw Chanyeol standing in the living room looking at her.

She quickly walked down the stairs and ran over to him, Chanyeol bent down to pick her up and lifted her in the air and then she attacked him in a hug making him laugh and return the hug.

“Hey pretty lady!” Chanyeol smiled.

“What are you doing here uncle Yeolie?” MiRae asked with a smile.

“Mommy and uncle Yeolie are going to go have dinner tonight.” Baekhyun said walking up to them putting his hand on MiRae’s back.

Right at that moment MiRae felt the best she’s ever felt, her mommy was standing there with her and her uncle Yeolie was holding her, MiRae leaned down to Baekhyun.

“Be nice to uncle Yeolie, I like him.” She smiled and gave Baekhyun a hug.

“Okay baby, I will be.” Baekhyun smiled hugging her back.

“Alright, are ready to go? I made us a reservation.” Chanyeol then spoke up after he witnessed an adorable mother-daughter moment.

“Let’s go!” MiRae cheered ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter