I Want to Know

Four Years Later...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sighed heavily as he walked in the door of his apartment, it was past midnight as he was exhausted. He took off his jacket and tie and threw them on the back of the couch before collapsing on it. 

It was a long night at work and having to stop by the hospital for a couple hours to finish his paperwork didn't help either. He thanked the gods that it was Friday and then he suddenly remembered that graduation was on Sunday. He was happy about graduating college, but it was also a lot of stress, it was time to take on the real world and Baekhyun would be lying if he said he wasn't scared.

Suddenly he heard shuffling and sniffling "Mommy..? Are you home now?" It was MiRae, she was clearly tired and from the looks of her puffy cheeks and red eyes, she's been crying.

Baekhyun sat up and turned to her "What is it baby? Why are you crying?" he asked.

MiRae then started crying again and ran into Baekhyun's arms "Mo-Mommy did-didn't come home... I-I-I th-thought you we-were g-go-gone." She said between sobs.

"Oh baby, mommy would never leave you, I'm sorry it took me so long to get home tonight, mommy was busy." He said holding her as she cried.

"A-Aunty LuLu sa-said m-mo-mommy was b-busy wi-with work, bu-but I sti-still missed mo-mommy." She said still crying.

A tear slid down Baekhyun's cheek, it broke his heart to see his little girl crying "Mommy was busy, but mommy was always thinking about you baby." 

"Really?"

Baekhyun nodded "Really, you're my little girl, mommy loves you very much and I won't ever leave you, you're all mommy has." He whispered as he himself was now crying. 

"Mommy do-doesn't have to wo-work tomorrow ri-right?" MiRae asked looking up at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded "Right baby, mommy doesn't have to work tomorrow."

"Can I sleep with you tonight mommy?" MiRae asked.

"Of course baby, come on, let's head to bed, it's late." MiRae nodded.

Baekhyun picked MiRae up and made his way to his room where he laid MiRae down and tucked her in before going into the bathroom for a minute to change into his own pajamas. He walked back out of his bathroom within a couple of minutes and laid down next to MiRae, he his side and MiRae immediately snuggled up to her mommy and fell asleep almost instantly.

Baekhyun stayed awake for a little while as he watched MiRae sleep peacefully, he brought his hand to her face and with his finger he moved her hair from her face. She looked so much like him, her smile was like his, the smile in her eyes was also like his, she was also rather tall for her age, just like how her father was the tallest man Baekhyun had ever met in his entire life.

He turned to lay on his back, he no longer cried when he thought of him. His tears weren't worth it, it didn't matter anymore, he'd never see him again anyway. MiRae suddenly stirred in her sleep "Daddy... Mommy..." She said softly as she snuggled into Baekhyun even more.

'Of course she wants to know who he is... She should know... She should, but she doesn't.' Baekhyun thought to himself.

He softly ran his fingers through her chocolate hair, he knew she wanted to know why she didn’t have a dad around, but she’d never asked, and if she did, what would Baekhyun say?

What could he say? He couldn’t tell her she was the result of a one night stand almost five years ago,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter