Yeolie

Four Years Later...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun with tears in his eyes as he held Baekhyun’s hands “Do…Do you mean that?” he asked slowly.

 

Baekhyun smiled and nodded his head as he placed his hands on either side of Chanyeol’s face.

 

Chanyeol grinned despite the tears that still rolled down his cheeks and he picked Baekhyun up in a hug as nuzzled his face into Baekhyun’s neck “Can I ask you another question.”  He asked softly.

 

“Of course.” Baekhyun whispered.

 

Chanyeol pulled back but still held Baekhyun in his arms as he looked into Baekhyun’s eyes “I want to do this the right way this time,” he said and Baekhyun nodded “Byun Baekhyun, will you go out with me?”

 

 

 

It was almost midnight, MiRae was sound asleep in her room and Baekhyun was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a glass of wine, as he tried to keep no alcohol in the house. He sat quietly thinking, he wanted Chanyeol to be apart of MiRae’s life, she deserved that much, he knew Chanyeol was serious about being a father to her, and even going to the extent of asking Baekhyun to be his boyfriend. Baekhyun didn’t answer him though, what could he really say to that though? He couldn’t just jump up and say yes, he has other obligations to take of, one being Christmas eve is tomorrow. A holiday that always came too quick for his liking but he still loved Christmas, watching MiRae open her presents and get all excited that Santa came on Christmas morning, bursting into his room happily shouting it was Christmas.

 

Baekhyun smiled at the thought, Luhan, Lay, Suho, and Kyungsoo would all make their way over around eleven in the morning and spend the day at their house, opening Christmas gifts, making some fun cookies for the fun of it and eating a nice home cooked Christmas dinner.

 

What would this year be like though? Would Baekhyun allow Chanyeol to be apart of the picture? Would he allow him to come back completely into his life again?

 

“God damnit, why can’t I decide?” he asked himself looking up at the ceiling.

 

It was well past midnight when Baekhyun finally went to bed, he’d requested some vacation for Christmas as he always did, he loved spending Christmas with MiRae, he would always take her up to his parents house on the morning of Christmas eve and then they would head home after dinner, MiRae was always allowed to open three presents on Christmas eve, but the rest had to wait for Christmas morning. She never complained though.

 

 

The next morning MiRae sat on the couch watching TV and eating a pop tart while her mommy slept, she knew that Baekhyun was tired not only because she’d heard him when he went to bed last night, but because he’d been working a little more than usual.

 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, MiRae stopped and looked over at the door, he hesitated a little before getting up off the couch and walking over to the front door. She cracked open the door, there was a big box sitting in front of the door, confused MiRae looked at it, it moved a little and it scared her. She quickly shut the door and ran up to Baekhyun’s room.

 

“Mommy! There’s a weird box outside!” she said as she ran up to Baekhyun’s bed waking him up.

 

“What do you mean weird box?” he asked confused.

 

MiRae pointed at the door “Someone knocked on our door and when I went to see who it was there was a big box and it moved and it scared me!” she explained.

 

Baekhyun chuckled “Alright baby, let’s go see what’s in the box then and see who it’s from.” Baekhyun stood up and followed MiRae downstairs and to their front door, and sure enough, when he opened the door, there was a big box.

 

“Let’s bring it inside.” He said picking up the box.

 

Baekhyun brought the box into the living room and MiRae sat next to him “There’s a card, it’s got your name on it.” He said reaching for the red envelope that was taped to the top of the box.

 

Baekhyun opened the letter and began reading.

 

MiRae,

 

This present is special to me as I hope it will be to you, take care of it with love, but I know that won’t be hard for a smart and pretty girl like you whose smile lights up my day. I’ve been gone for too long and I want to come home, is it okay if I come home now? If so, will you convince mommy to let me come home?

 

With lots and lots of love and from your biggest fan,

Daddy

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and MiRae looked at Baekhyun confused “Was… that really from daddy…?” she asked hopeful.

 

Baekhyun recognized Chanyeol’s messy yet professional handwriting right off the bat, he looked down at MiRae and gave her a small smile before hugging her “Yes baby, it was really daddy.” He whispered.

 

MiRae started to cry and hugged Baekhyun “Mommy please let daddy come home, I want to see daddy!” her voice muffled by her cries.

 

Baekhyun also had tears in his eyes “Mommy wants daddy to come home too baby.” He said. Baekhyun thought and knew that this was the realization he needed to know that he wanted Chanyeol to be apart of their lives, the past hurt, but it’s the past, what mattered now was making the best out of the future.

 

“Can I open daddy’s present for me please mommy?” MiRae asked after she’d stopped crying.

 

Baekhyun smiled “Of course you can baby.”

 

MiRae got up and took the lid off the big box and what was inside make her scream. A pure breed blue eyed Husky pup. The puppy barked when it saw how happy MiRae was to see it, Baekhyun simply stared at it for a second and then chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter