Owl Eyed Genius

Four Years Later...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat in his first class of the day, it was his first week of his sophomore year of college. Neither, Lay, Luhan, or Suho were in his morning classes that day so he was on his own, not that it bothered him of course. He sat quietly with his pencil in his hand as he listened to the professor’s lecture, it was his advanced chemistry class and let’s just say, the class was rather vacant. He liked this class most not just because of how empty it was, but also science was where he excelled.

Chemistry ended thankfully earlier than usual and the professor let them go instead of keeping them till the actual end of the class. Baekhyun made his way out to the courtyard and across the street to a bubble tea shop, even though he wasn’t pregnant anymore, he still had weird cravings. He checked his watch quickly before he ordered a simple strawberry bubble tea.

He pulled out his phone and called Suho who answered right away.

“Hey, if you’re calling to make sure she’s still alive, I assure you, Lay hasn’t let her out of his sight since you left.” Suho laughed.

Baekhyun broke into a laugh “I believe you, I was just calling to see what you guys were up to, I just finished my class for the morning and I’m at the bubble tea shop a block away if you guys wanted to come.”

“Sure, we’ll be there in a couple minutes, do you want me to bring anything?”

“One of my sweatshirts, there’s more wind than I thought.”

“Okay, see you soon.” And Suho hung up.

Baekhyun leaned back in the booth he was sitting in, his hands on his stomach. He took a minute to stop and think about the past year of his life. It was just four months ago that MiRae was born, a year before that, he had graduated high school and decided to have a night to himself without thinking, he was blessed with a beautiful daughter who is loved by everyone around her. Baekhyun lost his baby weight within about two months and he was back to being the health nut he used to be with exceptions.

Suddenly, there was a weight placed on his stomach causing Baekhyun to flinch and he looked to see his daughter smiling at him as she sat on him and Lay and Suho laughing at him for spacing out.

“Hi my princess.” He smiled kissing her nose making her giggle.

“Mama.” She said reaching out and putting her hands on both of his cheeks.

“She was really hyper this morning, she kept crawling around the apartment looking for you, it was adorable.” Lay smiled as he and Suho sat across from Baekhyun and MiRae.

“Were you looking for mommy this morning?” Baekhyun asked holding MiRae in his arms.

“Mama!” she squealed throwing her hands in the air.

Suho and Lay laughed at her cuteness as Baekhyun held her and played with her, Suho then stood up and excused himself to get some bubble tea for him and Lay.

While Baekhyun was playing with MiRae, suddenly a boy with dark hair and big eyes slowly approached him. Baekhyun turned his attention from MiRae to the boy.

“Um, hi, I’m sorry to interrupt, I’m Do Kyungsoo, from chemistry, do you remember me?” he asked shyly.

Baekhyun smiled “I remember you Kyungsoo-ssi.” He laughed.

Kyungsoo smiled “I’m sorry to interrupt, but I was just curious if I could borrow your notes from last class, I was out of town for the day.”

“Of course, they’re right here.” Baekhyun said as he handed Kyungsoo a blue notebook.

Just as Kyungsoo was about to reach for the notebook, MiRae grabbed it “No.” she said sternly making Baekhyun laugh and Kyungsoo stare at her utterly confused.

“Come one baby girl, can you give it to him please?” Baekhyun asked with a smile.

“No.” MiRae said again.

Lay was laughing at the scene, poor Kyungsoo was so confused.

“I don’t think she wants to give it up.” He said.

“No, I don’t think she does.” Baekhyun laughed agreeing.

Baekhyun scooted over and took the notebook from MiRae who just looked at him. “Here, you can sit here if you’d like, I just think she doesn’t want it to go ‘poof’.” Baekhyun smiled.

Kyungsoo hesitantly sat down and slid the notebook in front of him, almost scared that MiRae would take it again, but she didn’t, she went back to playing with Baekhyun.

“Is she your niece?” Kyungsoo asked, trying to make conversation.

Baekhyun looked over at him and smiled “Nope, she’s my daughter.” Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped.

“Seriously?” he asked.

Baekhyun nodded “Yep, she’s one hundred percent mine.”

Kyungsoo then looked at Lay who was smiling at MiRae “Then..?”

Lay looked at him right as Suho sat down next to him with bubble tea “We’re her aunt and uncle.” Lay answered his unasked question.

Suho was looking at Kyungsoo intently for a minute “Kyungsoo.” He said and Kyungsoo looked at him confused and then it was like a light bulb above his head.

“Suho hyung.” He smiled.

Suho smiled “It’s good to see you again bud, how’s life treating you now?” he asked.

Kyungsoo smiled “Good, things have been a little hectic since I moved here, but good.”

Lay looked between the two of them and then held Suho’s gaze when he looked at him, “He was my junior in high school, he was a year younger than I was, but he was in a lot of the same classes as I was.”

“Pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter