Don't be afraid of me

Demon and angel beside me

 

 

I was breathing deeply and my heart was running so fast, that I was sure it will jump out of my chest. I wasn’t able to calm myself. My body was shaking and didn’t listened to me. I was just a walking zombie. Well, a zombie with two gorgeous boys next to me, but on that moment I wasn’t able to notice their perfection. Even my brain wasn’t working properly, I wasn’t on the Earth, I was somewhere else, my mind was just sailing in the sea of fear and confusion. “Did I just see Baekhyun? My Baekhyun? The person I was trying to forget very single day ? The person who brought me the best moments of my life but after that destroy absolutely everything?” My mind was stray it still worked good enough to answer the questions. “Yes, it was probably him.” Nobody else have this eyes so cold that you just froze when you look longer in them. Even Kai’s eyes had this little sparkles in them that makes his all vision somehow warm, but Baekhyun’s were rock cold. His face was unique and his hair that was always a mess but every time extremely lovely. I remembered his sweet red lips that hide the smile that always appear and make his beautiful face even brighter well that was before. The memory of the day we just layed on the sofa and he fell asleep in my arms and I was watching his face for hours entered my mind. This was the last good day we’ve had. And then… He changed…  The very last day of our fairy tale. The last day he told me he loves me moe than anything else ”Wait what I am thinking about?!” I stopped walking and my mind finally came back in my head and slowly adapted. For two seconds I looked around and I remembered the whole situation clearly. “I was just about to be attacted from my ex boyfriend and then Luhan found me.” I looked at him with my still wet eyes. “But how? How did Luhan found me first?!” I started thinking more and then I realized it was impossible. I was still interrogating about what happen a few seconds ago when I heard a voice. I looked up, Luhan was talking to Kai.

“Are you sure you did what you have to?” if Luhan was furious but he was hiding it really good, only his voice that was trembling showed how angry he is.

“Of course I did.” Kai was even angrier but as usual he expressed his feelings. “Do you think I would make a mistake in this situation? He is lucky he is still alive.” I didn’t see his eyes but I was sure the sparkles I was talking before weren’t there now.

“What were they talking about?” I though still so confused! My mind was still such a mess. All kind of thoughts were flying around it and I was surprised when I thought normally about something. And then I realized. “Why I am walking with this crazy freaks?! Taeyeon!” I remembered for my friend “I have to get out of here! Now!” While I was thinking about my plan for escape they continued talking with  really angry voices, but I was unable to hear them because I was using my other seances too much to concentrate on my ears. I was trying to control my body and my mind. It took a few seconds when I finally fixed most of the emergencies inside me. They just throw a sights which were full with anger and blame at each other a few times. I was waiting for the best moment to pull myself away of them. one step back , they didn’t see me and that gave me courage for the second one. I decided to risk than wait for them to find out I was trying to escape, so I just turned and started running. Luckily we were still in the mall and there were a lot of people. I just found a little gap behind one wall and I just stopped there to take my breath. I wasn’t running so much, but it was still tiring and on the other hand I was running like a zombie and I felt bubbles in my mind. Fear was still in me and I was breathing hard. With one word I was in the same situation again. I closed my eyes and started breathing deeply.”Ellina, breath, calm down. There is an explanation I am sure. Now just calm down..” When I finally started feeling my legs and my brain was able to think clearly I opened my eyes.

“Do you really thought you can escape that easy.” It took a moment for me to realize I wasn’t dead and that wasn’t an angel who was going to show me the Heaven. It was just Luhan. The whole control I had was just destroyed. I turned to the other side ready to run away but someone was blocking my way.

“Not even try.”  It was Kai. I looked at him, he wasn’t angry, he was worried. Why was he worried? His eyes’s sparkles were there. For a moment I felt so good, so warm. “Ellina concentrate!” I told to myself and looked away. There was no way to escape. There were wall o my back and they were blocking the way.

“We are not going to hurt you Ellina.” Luhan’s voice took me out of my trance. I looked at him. He wasn’t lying. They weren’t trying to kill me, they were worried for me. But why? And then I just started crying. I hated being weak, but I wasn’t able to handle anymore. So many emotions were fighting inside me and I was just not capable to react wisely, so I just cried. I felt someone’s arms around me, the person picked me up and started walking. I didn’t protest. I was sure there is no way for me to walk right now. I just hide my face in his shoulder and continued crying. I head the opening of a car door and the person put me inside. I didn’t want to let him go so I fought his shirt. 

“It’s okay Ell, I am here. You are safe.” He hold my hand and that is the first moment I opened my eyes. Kai’s athletic figure was standing in front of me.  HIs eyes were watching me with this warm sight. I don’t know how is possible, but that actually made me feel safe. I stopped crying and I looked at Kai. This person who was able to make me feel in so many ways for the first time made me feel safe. Safe around Kai was almost impossible and then I remembered something really important.

“Tae-“ I was surprised from my husky voice. “Tae-Tayeon’’ I finally said. His face changed. He didn’t expect that. Then Kai turned to his side and said:

“I will go take care of the girl.” I was surprised when I saw Luhan next to him, I haven’t realized he was there. “Take her away from here as fast as you can. You know where to go. See you there.”

Luhan just nod and started walking towards the driver seat when Kai continued.

‘’And take care of her.” I looked at him and we met eyes for the last time before he close the door, but I still was able to hear Luhan’s answer.

“Always.”

He get in and  switch on the car. I was on the back and I was nestled in the right corner. I was better that a few minutes ago, but I still needed time to think. I was so ashamed that I cried in front of them, but that was the smallest problem. “What the hell happened!?” I had no clue. There were so many questions in my mind and I didn’t even have one answer. I was lost. I didn’t know what to do. Finally I looked up  and I saw Luhan’s eyes in the rearview mirror . I stopped breathing for a second. His eyes were so…upset. There were nothing from the anger before. He was just extremely worried about me. But why? Which was another question without answer. I answered at his stare and I tried to show him I am fine. It didn’t work. He was still worried and he stopped the car. I looked around, it was a big space for cars with really good view. He opened his door and after one second he was in front of mine. He opened it.

“I think you need fresh air.” He said and gave me his hand. I was sure I will need someone to hold because I still didn’t feel my legs. The air outside the car was cold and fresh. Luhan was right, I really needed this. I took a deep breath and close my eyes. It was a moment of peace until I again open my eyes nothing was changed . But I really felt better. I looked at Luhan who was on my side, he was still holding me.

“Thank you.” That was all I was able to say. He looked at me with those sad eyes. I smiled, well I think it was something near smile. He tried to smile back, but it was hard for him. Emotions were fighting inside him, but he finally smiled. He put his free hand on my cheek and get closer. My heart started running again, but I wasn’t able to move. He was staring at me and we were so close to each other and then he said:

“Forgive me Ina.” that was all he said. I was so confused. “Why I have to forgive him, he helped me?” After that he put his hand away from my cheek and put it on my shoulder. It was something like a hug, but it wasn’t tight. He was like afraid that he will broke me into pieces. We stayed like this for a minute or two I don’t know. I know only that I felt good. His skin on mine and somehow I felt safe. After that he just let me go but still holder me with one hand if I fall.

“We have to go Ina.” I nod, I was still confused to talk and the way he called me Ina twice made me feel sustain type of way. 

He helped me sit in the car and went to the driver seat. While the rode he still throw at me sights in the mirror. Just to check if I am okay. 

Suddenly the car stopped. I was in my trance and when I finally pull out of it I looked up. It was an old traditional Korean house. It was extremely beautiful. I opened my door alone for the first time today and stepped outside. Actually it was stupid to try walking by myself because I fell on the first step. Well, not exactly fell, someone fought me. I was sure it’s Luhan and I was ready to say thanks when I saw someone else’s face. His hair was blond too but you can’t say they look alike. I knew the boy in front of me. He was in my class. “Sehun” Yes it was definitely him. He just stared at me for a second but there were nothing friendly or worried or angry. He was so indifferent.

“Watch out where are you walking” Even his voice were so indifferent. He didn’t care about me, but why he was here then. He letted me go and someone else fought my hand. It was Luhan. I haven’t realized he was next to me all the time.  Sehun looked at Luhan and smirk appeared on his face. I didn’t know why. They knew something I don’t. I looked at Sehun again, he was a mix from Kai and Luhan. He had the things I loved in Luhan and Kai, blond hair and mysterious smile. But on him, they were scary. i tried to not think about that right now.

“Lay is inside.” was all Sehun said and turned his back to us. 

I wasn’t sure how to react. And then I thought.

“Who is Lay?” I asked with trembling voice , Luhan sure he will answer me and didn’t watch me like Sehun did. When he looked at me I realized he will never watch me like Sehun. His sight was so clear.

“Let’s go inside and you will see.” We started walking to the door of the little house. I walked quietly still sunken in my thoughts and for a second I realized the whole situation.I stopped  walking and pulled my hand fast and tried  to make a few steps away from Luhan. Before I knew my eyes was again full with tears and even fear.I didn’t trust him!What was wrong with me !He wasn’t even my friend .

“No ,stay away from me!No!” I warned him.”Y-You two! What is going on? Why I’m here with you! Who is Lay?!”

I continue retreated while my tears began running down.I just couldn't  handle this.I was afraid  ,and so confused .I saw how Luhan tried to stepped  close to me but than I scream through my salty tears.

“Stay away from me !Don’t you dare to touch me !” I outburst so sudden and  even Sehun who was a few steps away from us, was shocked.But I didn’t payed attention at him.I took the chance and before the two boys could reacted I turn my back at them and started running ahead.I heard my name but I only cried  harder and even louder and than I hand grabbed  me.Again I let out a loud wail .

“Let me go!Let me go!” My protests were useless because Luhan was stronger than me.I heard his insistent voice who tried to calm me .After a few seconds of silents and fight I gave up.”I’m scared “ A quiet whisper escaped from my dry lips  I just stopped moving and screaming. Suddenely a sharp exhaustion conquered me. I was ready to fall on the ground but Luhan lifted me up and started walking toward the house. I closed my eyes and I barely heard a few words.

“She fainted.” said Luhan but Sehun didn’t reply. I continued whimper quietly, thinking they couldn’t hear me. But then I felt how Luhan bended to my ear and whispered.

“Please don’t be afraid of me.” Cold thrills  almost shook  my shoulders .My eyes suddenly opened from themselves .I was speechless  when I saw Luhan’s  eyes so close ,so sad and wet.We stayed like this for almost hours . We were looking  in each other.The time was stopped  in that moment.Then I bite my my lower lips  and closed my eyes.One last tear escaped from the corner of my eye