New Realizations

Different

{Kai's POV}

 

I stood up from the couch and grabbed my school bag. I went inside the bathroom and fixed my hair. I stared at myself in the mirror for a bit. Today was supposed to be the day of Kyungsoo and I's three month anniversary. We haven't talked for days. Those stressful, pain filled, depressing days. The only people I've been talking to lately are my own friends. Kyungsoo and I don't even exchange glances. During class my mind is all about him. I can't focus on anything anymore. The only thing I can think about is what he said to me.

 

"Go away!"

 

It echoes in my mind constantly. Everyday I see him. Happy. Smiling. Laughing.

And it's heartbreaking knowing that I'm not the one causing those things.

But I guess this is for the best.

I made my way out of my silent house. I closed the door and went on my way. I checked my watch that read 5:00. I always go to school way early because it helps me clear my mind sometimes. Obviously, early in the morning the school is empty except for teachers. I don't tell anybody that I go to school early because of fangirls. They'd probably line up in front of school just to see me.

 

I sighed and walked passed the gates to find Hyun Jae leaning on the wall in the front of school. 

She found me and waved. I weakly waved back. She told me to meet up with her today because she wanted to talk about something. I know this may take a turn for the worst but since Kyungsoo doesn't really care about me anymore, I decided to go.

She straightend up and smiled. To be honest, she was a very beautiful girl. "Awh. Glad you came oppa."

"Don't call me that." I scratched the back of my head.

"Habit."

I nodded and we walked around the school's yard. We walked pass the wall that had the mural my friends and I painted. It was now a normal brick wall with paint covering the whole thing. The school had covered it because they said it didn't need to be there and scolded me for messing up school property. I looked at the grass area next to it. All the scenes of Kyungsoo and I together started to fade into the grass. Us having lunch, talking, showing affection, our cries of laughter, our cries of pain, everything in between.

 "What did you want to talk about Jae?"

She turned her head and looked up at me.

"I want to say sorry," she looked back ahead.

"I really wanted you to say that a long time ago," I breathed out a little angry, "You're the one who caused all this mess."

She stopped walking.

"I know. I shouldn't have. After all of it I noticed that neither of you guys are happy. Kyungsoo isn't happy at all. I saw him the other day crying his eyes out by the grass area. I'm so sorry," almost whispering the last few words.

He's sad without me.

I'm sad without him.

"Don't worry. I know jealousy can be hard. Cheer up," I said resting my hand on her head.

{Hyun Jae POV -small-}

 

"I love you," I said inaudible.

He didn't seem to hear.

Good.

 

I walked into the the library after school today. Hyun Jae had told me that Kyungsoo goes there everyday now so why not?

"Kyungsoo."

He poked out his head from a book he was reading. Once he saw me he went back to reading the book like nothing happened.

"Kyungsoo? I know you can hear me."

I snatched the book away from his face and sat on the edge of the table.

He sighed and let his head fall to the wood.

"If you don't want to talk then it's fine," I said turning my body around. But I want to talk.

A silence crept in while I tapped my fingers.

 

(i suggest listening to this while reading on. c: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCtdVyo6b7U)

I heard pit pats agaisnt the window. Good thing I brought my umbrella.

"I'm sorry." I heard right next to my ear.

I stopped breathing for a second and looked at him. He was on the table already with his legs crossed. He just gazed at me waiting for my answer. 

I got so close to him so that our foreheads touched and we were pratically breathing each other's air. "I'm sorry too. For everything." He nodded and put his arms around my neck. I kissed his cheeks, his nose, and his forehead. Avoiding his lips. I finally took his hand and kissed the back of it. He grinned and said something.

"Your kisses are warmer than usual."

I looked at him after he made his remark. 

I rested my head against the place between his shoulder and neck. I closed my eyes and rewinded back to one of our memories.

 

-Flashback-

 

"Kyungsoo! Can I hug you pleeeaaseee?" I whined. He walked in with his arms crossed. He puffed his cheeks.

"No. I have the flu. I don't want you to catch it. Now relax. I'm trying to sleep. If you are going to leave my house inform me ok?" He smiled his heart shaped smile.

I stomped my feet like a child. "Fine."

He lifted his head up and walked to his bedroom.

 

I looked inside Kyungsoo's room to find his limbs in all directions. His face looked so peaceful. Like an angel. I tiptoed over to the side of the bed and quietly wrapped my arms around his torso. He moved a bit but went back to sleeping like a baby. I snuggled in his warmth.

"I'd rather get the flu than not getting the chance to hug my boyfriend," I whispered.

"Cheesy." I heard muffled in his pillow.

And just like that we both fell asleep on his bed.

 

-Flashback end-

 

"Jongin."

I turned my head and saw Kyungsoo's jaw. "Yes?"

 

"Happy three month anniversary," he whispered, "You know that I love you right?"

I smirked into his neck. "I miss you."

 

We walked out of the library. Hand in hand. Under one umbrella.

Today I felt different. But I know this sensation. I've felt it before. Electricity runs through my body. I feel fireworks fly in my mind.

The exact same feeling when I met Kyungsoo.

The feeling to start over.

 

a|n: iT ISN'T OVER YET! :D by the way, at first i was going to make them a forbidden couple but nah. i feel like writing a happy ending.