New Student

Different

 As the school bell rang, I came into the classroom and sat down in my seat. I was about to take out my textbooks when a girl student came up to me.

"H-Hello Kyungsoo! Please except this gift!" She gently put a small giftbag on my desk and looked down at the classroom floor. I took a look inside the white gift bag and a glimpse of cookies caught my eye.

"Thank you," I said smiling to show I was happy. I mean, if I didn't smile like an expressionless idiot she would think I just want the cookies. After she looked up and saw my face, she scurried away to her seat. Then Hyo Ju, a student I know, next to her tapped her desk silently and gave her a thumbs up.

Geez. Why can't girls just do their own thing without having their friends help? I even bet it was all Hyo Ju's idea and her friend followed along.

When everyone settled down in their seats, Ms. Ri walked in with an unfamiliar boy next to her. But seriously, he was more tan than the other boys. In a good way though. Ms. Ri positioned him next to her desk and she stood next to him. All of a sudden, I heard a series of sighs behind me. I turned and saw many girls tilting their heads and looking lovestruck as ever.

I had to admit he was pretty hot. No!

"Everybody, this is Kim Jongin. He'll be our new student. Jongin, please say hello."

Jongin looked down for a second and looked back up, and smiled. I swear, I heard a girl scream in delight.

"Hello everyone, please treat me however you want," he said with a grin. Then he did the unexpected.

He winked at me.

At me.

Me.

WHY ME?

I just sat there feeling my face warm up. I heard a girl squeal right behind me. Oh yeah. He must have winked at her, not me. What am I thinking? Of course it's not me. 

"Please sit in any empty seat you'd like. I've moved some students so you can choose either one." Ms. Ri said gesturing towards the group of students in front of her. He started to walk around the classroom, trying to decide which seat to pick. While everyone was watching him, I noticed there was an empty seat next to me. 

Why is my heart beating so fast?

As soon as he spotted the empty seat next to me he ran over and sat in it. Not even a little hesistation. I quickly went back to take out my stuff for classwork and tried not make eye contact with him as much as possible.

 

I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder. I looked to my side to find Jongin looking at me in the eye with a smile on his face. He leaned closer to my face.

"You know that I winked at you, right?" He whispered.

I froze. He w-winked at me? Really? No. He's just teasing me.

"Liar." I responded quietly.

He smirked. "If I was lying, would I do this?"

He lightly grabbed my hand and interlocked his fingers with mine. His hands are warm...

"Excuse me. Jongin, what are you doing over by your desk?" She said annoyed because her lesson was interrupted.

He looked up smiling, "Just telling Kyungsoo that I would like to be his friend."

"Oh," Ms. Ri was still a bit annoyed, "That's fine. But please talk to him after class."

He nodded and went back to writing in his math journal.

I noticed that when he went back to writing, his grasp on my hand weakend. He was about to let go when I purposely unconsiously tightend my hand in his. I was shocked at myself though I went back to writing like nothing happend. I saw Jongin at the corner of my eye looking at me, astonished. Then he showed a warm expression and went back to writing.

 

We held hands for the rest of class.

 

 

I was walking into the lunch area when I heard Jongin call my name. I walked faster not because I wanted to avoid him, I wanted to avoid awkwardness.

"H-Hey! Kyungsoo! Wait." He sounded out of breath, so I stop walking and turned around.

"What do you want?"

He went closer to me. "Why did you want to still hold hands during class?"

I gulped. "I did it as a reflex okay? And a few seconds later you could've let go if you w-wanted to..."

"I didn't want to."

I could feel my face grow hot. The next thing I knew he brushed my cheek with his thumb. He chuckled and held his own face too.

"What are you-"

"Just seeing how cute you are is making me blush as well."

 

I smacked his hand away and snapped out of it.

"Don't think that I like you, Kim Jongin."

 

I looked at him as my cheeks started to cool down. His face turned from a light pink to his regular tan skin again. He looked away from me and his smile dissapeared. I realized that I hurt his feelings.

I bravely spoke up, "Oh. I didn't mean i-"

"Sorry to be a bother."

He ran down the hall and he was gone.

I felt a tear drip down my face and I wiped it away with my uniform sleeve quickly but the tears couldn't stop.

I looked down at my sleeve. What is wrong with me today?

 

 

a|n: first chap. yay. subscribers already? wowowow thank you! :) i'll try to update everyday. byebye.