New Fears

Different

Jongin and I held hands while we walked down the halls before school started. I looked down the whole time because I felt eyes full of hatred towards me. Especially the girls. Everytime I looked up for a few seconds I see girls and guys whispering. Disgusted faces. People on there phones obviously spreading the news around.

"Uh Kyungsoo, are you alright? I don't want my boyfriend to be sad."

I looked up at him as soon as he said the word boyfriend. He looked a little worried while waiting for my answer.

"I'm fine. But people are looking."

He looked around him and realized that people were in fact staring. He looked back to me warmly smiling. "Who cares? Even if they know, it's fine. As long as they don't do anything to hurt us."

I nodded. Of course stupid. Now you sound like that you shouldn't date him because of people's thoughts.

I flinched as the school bell rang.

"Meet me by the garden by the side of the school building during lunch. I want to spend time with you. Bye Kyungsoo!" He waved and ran to his nearest class.

 

 

I layed down in the grass area by the garden. I brought lunch I made by myself from home. While waiting for Jongin, I had some thoughts.

What if people try to take us apart?

What if someone tries to hurt us?

What if a bad rumor spreads?

What if we break up?

What if he doesn't like me anymore?

Maybe he's dating me because he feels pity.

The thought of those made my stomach churn.

What if I lose him?

My eyesight got blurry. Why do I care so much about him now?

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and sighed.

Why do I feel fear when I'm with him?

I hear footsteps on the grass and sat up right away. I saw Jongin with his lunch. it was just a sandwhich. I could tell that his parents probably made it, but I would never make fun of him. I quickly wiped my face from any tears. I looked away when he sat down so he couldn't see me.

"Kyungsoo? Why aren't you facing me?" He rested his hand on my shoulder. I have to face him.

I turned to him and made a straight face. His eyes widened and he hugged me tightly. But like a couple hug. Both arms around my torso. I stayed silent as the hug lasted for a long time. Then he broke the silence.

"Who made you cry? I'll hurt whoever hurts you." He unwrapped his arms from me and held my hands.

This is probably why I don't want to lose him.

"Nobody. I-I just got scared for a moment." I don't want to tell him that I can't lose him. I would sound really selfish. I am selfish though, because I really don't want him to leave me.

"Really?"

I nodded while I opened my small plastic box of my spaghetti. I saw at the corner of my eye Jongin looking back at his lunch, then at mine. I sighed and handed him an extra pair of chopsticks I had.

"You're lucky I'm here." I smiled and picked up a few delicious noodles.

He picked up a few noodles as well. "Yeah, really lucky."

 

 

When I came to school in the morning, there was no sign of Jongin. I even looked around the whole school. I decided to gather up courage and ask a student.

"Excuse me," I cleared my throat, "Have you seen Kim Jongin?"

The girl student turned around and stepped back a bit. "Haven't you heard? He's in a fight with the EXO group. All except you are there! You're part of them and you're Jongin's boyfriend right? Go! They're by the basketball courts."

I ran off when she finished her sentence. What are my friends doing with him? I don't even know which one to be more worried about!

I saw the basketbll court and sprinted towards it. There were ten people circling one person. Jongin.

I got closer so that I stood in front of all of them.

He saw me and smiled. His face had many bruises and scratches.

"K-Kyungsoo!"

Kris stopped him from walking up to me by pushing him backwards.

"What are you guys doing to him?" I yelled.

Chen turned and shook me by my shoulders. "Why the hell are you worried about him? Do you even remember what he did to you?"

Wait what?

"What did he-"

Chanyeol came up to the both of us. "He harrased you! Did you see the pictures?" He was about to say more but Baekhyun pulled him away and scoulded him for yelling in my face.

"Pictures?"

Luhan showed me his black phone with an image on it. It was two pictures in one. One of them was me on the grass, looking away from Jongin. Then the second one was him hugging me and my face looking like I was about to cry. Stalkers.

"I didn't harrass him! I just hugged him! He's my boyfriend!"

"Enough nonsense." Sehun breathed out.

I pushed the phone away from my face and yelled at everyone as loud as I could because I knew people were watching from the school building.

"Why do you guys believe in people's lies! First of all, he didn't harrass me. He just hugged me. Second of all, yes he's my boyfriend. I know you guys are just protecting me but you have to at least ask me if it's true! You guys are doing nothing but hurting other people doing this. Thank you guys for protecting me but please, just don't hurt him."

I looked down at the ground and saw droplets on the concrete. I sniffed and looked up to see all of them stand back from Jongin who looked at me expressionless.

"My biggest fear is losing him to anyone, so can you guys listen to Kyungsoo?" He spoke out breathing harshly.

He doesn't want to lose me to anyone.

 

I guess we're both selfish.