{Epilogue}

Different

My name is Do Kyungsoo.

My life is okay right now.

With my husband.

Kim Jongin.

 

Let me tell you a little something.

I have a a daughter.

No no no, I didn't give birth.

How could a baby possibly come out of...

ANYWAYS!

Jongin and I named her Kim Do Seon.

She is a handful.

A big one.

Almost as big of a handful as my own husband.

 

She had this weird aura like she had rebellion running through her veins.

Weirdly, that was absolutely true.

She ignores Jongin and I like we're complete strangers.

Whatever we say is just words to her.

 

 

"Hello there! What's your name?" Kyungsoo looked at the teenager who was scrolling through her phone. She glanced up for a few seconds but went back to her bright screen.

"I don't have a name," the girl replied with an expressionless voice, "So name me."

There was a long silence. Jongin tapped his foot on the glossy tile floor of the gigantic orphanage and looked elsewhere while the three of them waited for the receptionist to give them their certificate for adopting the ignorant teenager. The girl gave the phone one last tap before turning it off and looking back up at the couple.

"I honestly don't know my name, so just name me already." She blurted out with her voice emphasizing the word 'honestly'. She shot a bored glare at the both of them while she blinked, waiting for their answer. Jongin rolled his eyes at the girl's attitude while Kyungsoo gently hit his arm.

"Hm," Kyungsoo started, "Should we give you a short name? A long name? I don't really have any inspiration for one right now. Oh! Maybe-"

"Seon."

The three of them looked up at the tall receptionist who was holding a small yellow folder. She gestured the folder to the girl while she turned away, ignoring the lady.

"Seon. I called you."

"Don't call me that," she snapped. The receptionist sighed and turned to Kyungsoo and Jongin. She slowly handed them the folder. Jongin scooted closer to Kyungsoo while they both stared at the folder and opened it, revealing the certificate. 'Seon' huffed when she heard the sound of the paper.

 

 

Congratulations.

You have adopted:

Seon 

 Gender: F

Date of birth: December 25, 1998

Adopted on: March 13, 2014

New Guardian's Name(s): Kim Jongin & Do Kyungsoo

 

"So you're name's Seon?" Jongin asked. Seon didn't respond and went back to phone, tapping away.

The receptionoist scratched the back of her head. "Yes. Her mother na-"

Seon abruptly stood up from her chair, almost knocking it over. "Don't talk about her."

The receptionist nervously nodded. "She is named Seon. She was named Seon because it means gift," the teenager tightend her grip on the phone, "And she was born on Christmas." Kyungsoo and Jongin looked at Seon, who was shooting them a glare.

"So," Kyungsoo clapped his hands together lightly, "Do you want to get some lunch? It's 12:30 right now so why not?"

Seon sarcasticly smiled."I know the time. I have a phone obviously. I don't care where we eat as long as it's quick." She clapped her hands to imitate Kyungsoo. He tried to hold his temper in and turned to the receptionist.

"Thank you for letting us take care of her. I'm sure she'll feel at ease when we bond with her," he smiled. Seon brushed past them.

"As if," she whispered.

 

"You know Seon," Jongin said during the car ride, "Who's last name would you prefer? Mine's or Kyungsoo's?"

"Doesn't matter," she mumbled.

Jongin took a deep breath and let it out. "Okay then, you're name is Kim Do Seon." She scrolled through her contacts on her phone. She was extremely bored. Just waiting for them to get the the hot pot resturant already. She decided to make at least a little small talk with the couple.

"I don't know what to talk about, so do you have any siblings?" Seon asked trying not to sound rude like she usually was. She gently put her phone in her sweater pocket.

"Nope," Jongin replied right away while making a turn to the parking lot.

Kyungsoo pursed his lips into a flat line. "I don't have any either. What about you, Seon?" Seon was taken aback. She uncomfortably put some hair behind her ear.

"I h-have an older sister, b-but she's not alive. A-And I hate her." Sure, Seon was being weirdly straightfoward. She thought that if she didn't say how she feels towards her sister, they might bring up something she doesn't want to hear. It's happened to her before.

Kyungsoo was shocked. He didn't want to react to much."Oh. Can I at least know her name?"

Seon sighed and looked out the window.

"I'd rather not talk about her right now. I bet she doesn't want me to talk about her either. Besides, she's my stepsister." Seon started to tap on her fingernails as a habit. "I regret even bringing this up. All you guys can know is that she's dead and so are her parents. Got it?"

She started to get on Jongin's nerves. "Why do you hate her?"

"I haven't even seen her in person alright? Why should I love someone I haven't even met or talked to? Her parents kicked her out so they hate her. I have to follow what my own father says right? He told me how he didn't like her because she was disobedient. He told me I was much better."

Jongin's muscles tensed a bit.

 

 

 

I never really understood why Jongin became silent during dinner.

He didn't speak to me when we got to our house together and went to bed too.

 

Does my husband know something I don't know?

 

 

 

a|n: i'm sorry if this epilogue . don't kill me but, i honestly don't have an inspiration on what the sequel would focus on if i created one. all i could think of was marriage problems. i don't know if you guys are fan of angst like i am, because i was wondering if i would make a sad ending in the sequel. i'm going to announce that the idea of a sequel will be on halt.

BUT GUYS.

DOES SEON'S STEPSISTER RING A BELL

HE.

HEHE.