New Suprise {Eun Hee's POV}

Different

{Eun Hee's POV}

 

-This is before the proposal-

"EUN HEE?! YOU ARE IN MY COLLEGE?!" I heard blast in my ear over the phone. I forgot that I had it on speaker.

"Yes, Hyun Jae. You just broke my eardrums. If that's possible..." I said rubbing my ear and turned off speaker mode.

"Oh my god! Please please come over to my dorm! It's A4."

I smiled. "Okay okay I'm..." I looked around to realize that I'm in Kyungsoo's room. It would be rude to leave while he's expecting me to still be in here when he comes back. "Coming right away." I'll just tell Kyungsoo when he asks.

 

Before I could knock on the door, Hyun Jae pulled me in. "I missed you Eun Hee!"

"I miss you too." We both sat down on the bed and started talking right away.

"Did you see any guys in this college that you're interested in?" She winked and jokingly punched my arm.

"Y-Yes actually," I said letting my head droop down. I heard my best friend squeal.

"Oooh! Scandalous! Who's the cutie?" She nudged my shoulder and grinned. I hid my face in my hands in embarrasment.

"His name is Do Kyungsoo." I looked at her seriously. Her face was normal until her eyes almost popped out of her head. 

"You know that he's taken right?" She raised her eyebrows at me and felt the back of her neck with her hand. "By..."

"Your ex. I know." Hyun Jae furrowed her eyebrows together and flopped onto the bed on her back. She covered her eyes with both of her hands and groaned. She kicked my face with her foot gently. "Ugh I hate you Jae! You're still bittersweet as always."

"Then don't say ex. Just call him Jongin. Cause that's all he is to me now." She let out a huge sigh and waited for my response. I took away the hands on her face and flicked her forehead. She smacked my hand away. "What was that for?"

"Can you just accept the fact that it's okay to talk about him like this? At least you actually had that kind of relationship with him. I know that the thought of him having a longer relationship with someone else is hard to take, but this is how it is for now. Please don't be sad about things that you don't have to be part of. It makes me sad," I said meaningfully. Hyun Jae means a lot to me. She's like my sister, really. Her parents like to have me over at their house all the time. They're way better than my parents. I'd rather have lived with her family for the rest of my life. I poked her cheek when she didn't respond.

 

"Oh! Remember that time when you had to kiss that guy at my birthday party? It was adorable, you guys looked cute together." Jae and I went back to fun and games. Talking about our memories in the past. I did a fake gag act and shook my head.

"I hated that dare! I had no feelings for him at all." I remember that at her birthday party, I had to kiss a guy that was her relative's son. He was attractive but really erted. After the kiss, he would act like he can do anything he wants to me. Worst day because of the kiss but also best day because of my best friend's birthday.

 

"OH MY GOD MY 'S VIBRATING!" Jae jumped.

"That's because you're sitting on my phone."

"Oh."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone as my best friend lifted up her body so it was possible. "Hm. Kyungsoo's calling." Hyun Jae couldn't care less while she opened a bag of chips and chomped like a hungry hippo. I tapped answer and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello, Eun Hee?"

Just hearing his voice made my mood go up. "Kyungsoo! It's been almost an hour, I've only seen you for a few seconds or so. I want to hang out! That's the reason I came here right? Heehee."

"I have some exciting news! I think you'll be excited." I could feel his excitement through the phone.

I smiled and tried to not sound too excited. "I'll be happy as long as you are."

A few seconds later I heard Jongin in the background say something but I couldn't quite hear it clearly. What could be so exciting at the moment? I heard a deep breath and Kyungsoo's voice was heard again.

"Eun Hee, Jongin had just..."

I was getting a little impatient. "Had just?..."

 

"Proposed to me! I said yes!" His voice soaked in happiness. I could hear him giggle from excitement.

 

I can't handle this anymore. I can feel my hand tremble. My breathing suddenly took a stop in my throat, feeling like I could suffocate at any second. I didn't respond because trying to sound like it was okay was impossible at the moment. I ended the call abruptly.

"E-Eun Hee? What's wron-"

"Kyungsoo and Jongin are engaged," I interrupted. I could feel my eyes fill with tears. I didn't bother to wipe them because...I want to cry.

Hyun Jae stopped eating her chips and saw me crying. "You don't need to cry about such a thing." She scooted over to me and hugged me, actually constricting me. I didn't have the strength to hug her back and just let myself cry.

"But K-Kyungsoo is important to me...I'm in love with him for crying out l-loud..." I stopped sniffling for a second and got shocked by my own words. Hyun Jae took her arms off me and looked at me with her eyebrows raised.

"You're in love with Kyungsoo?" Her face was expressionless now and her voice sounded blank.

"I g-guess I do..."

"Well..."

She looked at my phone and went to my contacts. "Hey what are you-"

She went to Kyungsoo's number and

Tap.

Deleted Contact.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I snatched my phone from her hand and stared at the screen. Do Kyungsoo had been removed.

"SCREW KYUNGSOO! HE BROKE YOUR HEART!"

"But-"

She stopped joking around and put her hands on my shoulders. "This is for the best Eun Hee."

I nodded and stopped myself from crying.

Maybe this is for the best.

 

 

a|n: this chapter is kinda small but it's only eun hee's perspective on the proposal. i'll do a double update today if possible. yUS THE NEXT CHAP IS THE WEDDING. it's not going to be a perfect one though OOOH.