Ch. 2

Just Keep Swimming

   Nicole sits on the floor of the practice room, playing on Kris' phone. Her phone died, and she was giving all these reasons why she absolutely NEEDED to use Kris' phone.

   "Listen, you don't have to make excuses. I know you NEED to watch Super Junior's music video again, so fine. It's in the side pocket of my bag." Everyone in Exo knew how much she adored Suju, so she never had to explain herself. They just kept joking about how they were jealous because she never reacted that way with them.

   "You guys don't have to feel sad. I still love your music and find you all super talented and y. I just see you guys all the time and hear your songs when you guys are making them, so I know what to expect. Plus, you guys don't do a good job at hiding the choreography. You always practice, even on stage, and just brush it off as 'random dancing.'" This is always her explaination and they just nod in understanding and leave her alone.

_____

   "Nicole, it's almost time to move rooms. SNSD sunbae's will be coming in and they need to prepare for their upcoming concert." Kai alerted Nicole, who just paused her video and looked up from her screen. She caught what he was syaing, but didn't really care. She could just continue watching her videos in the other practice room.

   Everyone grabbed their respective bags and headed out the door. The members of SNSD were waiting patiently, not rushing them. They said hi to the members and Nicole, who they had seen around quite a few times, and then went into the room to practice. The Exo members walked down the hallway until reaching the stairs, then walked up to the next floor. Nicole just blindly followed the members because she hadn't been to the top floor of the building. She always just stayed with Exo, and they never went up there, so she never did either. She was amazed at how much light was pouring into the practice room they moved to. Almost a whole wall was a window facing out, looking over a small area in Seoul. Luhan just looked at the window and Nicole moving to sit against it. He quickly rushed over to Nicole.

   "That's not safe. You should most over a bit so you're more against the wall." His eyes were wide as he tried to push her to the side.

   "Luhan, it's okay. We're not that high up and I'm not that big. Chanyeol is more likely to break the gladd than I am. Plus, isn't it tempered? It won't shatter. So don't worry. I'll be okay!" She gave him a thumbs up and smile before shooing him away to return to practice. She returned back to her videos. She was rewatching a show she loved growing up: Avatar the Last Airbender. She would look at Tao when he was doing his martial arts and could just picture fire coming out of his fists. She always wanted to be able to do the stuff he did. This show was one of the things that motivated her to learn Asian culture.

   With her headphones in, she had drowned out the blaring music and loud chattering of 12 men. She had just managed to find peace when Kai gently kicked her leg with his toe. She looked up at him and noticed him nodding towards the door. She saw D.O talking to Ryeowook and Zhoumi, and immediately she started to freak out.

   "You should have just let me stay in lala land. I don't want to freak them out!" She whispered to Kai with a clenched jaw. He just laughed and waved her off. She tried to continue watching her show when she saw someone sit next to her.

   "What are you watching?" Eunhyuk asked her, slightly peering over her shoulder to see the cartoon. She was frozen for a few seconds before finally muttering what it was.

   "I've never heard of it. Was it popular in America?" He doesn't take his eyes off the screen.

   "Uhh...Yeah. It's one of my favorite shows." She notices him smiling a bit and then taking out of her headphones to put it in his ear. She stares at Chanyeol who just winks, giving her a hint that she should just have fun and thank him later.

   "This is in English. I can't understand it. Can you help translate for me? At least just tell me what's happening?" 

   "Uhh...okay. Well, this guy named Aang is an airbender." She had to show the action of moving air with her hands because she doesn't know the word related to airbender.

   "He's trying to save the world from the Fire Nation with his friends and...um....now they're seeing a play about their adventures which is all wrong. It's one of the last episodes." She tries to focus back onto her show, but is obviously failing. Her second favorite member is Eunhyuk, and she is in such a close proximity that it's hard for her to breathe.

   "This looks so cool! Haeng! Come here!" He calls over someone. Nicole refuses to look up. She knows she's bright red at this point and she can just sense who he called over.

   "What's up?" He looks over at Eunhyuk and then at Nicole.

   "Hello! You're Chanyeol's roommate Nicole, right?" She just nods and looks away.

   "Are you okay? Are you sad? What's wrong?" Donghae asks, coming closer to Nicole. She doesn't respond.

   "You're her favorite hyung." Chanyeol walks up to the trio and sits on the floor next to Nicole.

   "Really?! And why didn't you introduce us sooner? Come on Yeollie. You've been hiding such a gorgeous woman from me, let alone me being her favorite. Come on, you're slacking. I'm sorry he's such a loser." He turns from a laughing Chanyeol to Nicole who is trying to hide behind her hair.

   "How come I'm not your favorite? Am I not good enough?" Eunhyuk pretends to cry on Nicole's shoulder, making her be completely frozen. She looks up at Chanyeol, who just gives her a large smile. She does her best to glare at him, still avoiding eye contact with Donghae, who is how sitting less than a foot in front of her.