Ch. 1

Just Keep Swimming

   "Hey man. Whatcha up to? Wanna help me out? Hello? Chanyeol? Chaannyeeooooooool~~? DUDE!" Nicole did everything she could to get his attention. Super Junior just had a comeback and Chanyeol knew how she got when she had new stuff to fangirl over.

   "I'm not taking you, so you can just forget it." He told her without looking at her. Her face dropped.

   "Come ooonnnnnn. I haven't asked in like, AT LEAST a week! Please? I'll repay you somehow!" she was practically on her knees begging, hoping he would turn around so she could give him her puppy dog eyes in last ditch effort to persuade him.

   "You're really cute, I already know that, so any cutesy look you give me will be useless."

   "At least let me come to practice with you. Please? I don't have to meet him, but at least let me be in the same building as him. Plus Soo Man even told me he misses seeing me around the SM Building. You haven't let me come since Suju started preparing for their album. Their promoting it now so nothing will be a spoiler! I've already heard what you're preparing for Exo." 

   "Unless one of the guys wants to pick you up, I'm not taking you." He stands up from his computer and walks away from Nicole.

   "If you don't let me come tomorrow, I won't talk to you for....three days!" She threatens. He looks at her with a puzzled look before shrugging.

   "Fine. You can come tomorrow. I mean, you can't sneak out. We lock the door and have a mirror on a whole wall. Just try not sneak off before we get to the practice room. Hyungs' are nice, but they don't like people intruding on their rehearsals." Nicole lights up with hearing this.

   "YOU'RE THE BEST PERSON EVER THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH I LOVE YOU!" She jumps all around Chanyeol before bouncing to her room. Chanyeol just sighs before smiling a little.

   "Anything to make you happy." He mumbles to himself.

________

   "Will you please hurry up? Everyone has already seen you gross and sweaty and without makeup. They'll probably be more surprised that you're even trying to look all touched up." Chanyeol is waiting by the door for Nicole to finish her "natural" makeup look. He couldn't tell the difference between her actually natural and when she wears the most subtle makeup.

   "Well sure you and Kris are used to it, but what about Luhan? And Tao? They haven't seen me at my most disgusting. Maybe I want to look good for them." She saunters out of her bathroom in skinny jeans and a flowy tank top, with the most subtle makeup she could do without it looking like she had nothing She wanted her efforts to be noticed!

   "Believe me, they've all seen you when you're at your worst. They've all come over here and they all know how lazy you are when it comes to people coming over."

   "Why should I look good in my own place?" She retorts.

   "No reason. But let's go. I don't even know if Donghae and the other hyungs will be there."

   "Can't hurt to hope though!" She flashes a big smile before slipping on her sandals and walking out the door in front of Chanyeol. They approach the van sent by SM. Chanyeol opens the side door and throws his stuff in before stepping in and getting comfortable in the back seat. Nicole hops in after, shuts the door, and makes her way to the back to be seated next to Chanyeol.

   "I'm hurt. You guys never wanna sit up here with me." Their driver says, with a joking sad face.

   "I'm sorry oppa. I can't help that Chanyeol is just oh so enticing." Nicole jokes back to the diver who just laughs it off. Chanyeol remains silent.

   "You never call me oppa." He gives her a questioning face.

   "That's because I'm too close with you. I call people oppa that I'm not super close with cuz I wanna keep some of the formalities.  But I'm too close with you, so I just call you your name. Besides, not being from Korea, I still find it hard to get used to calling people oppa and unni. In the States, we only say their name. But don't worry. You're still the best person ever." She gives him a comforting smile.

   "After Donghae, right?"

   "Well of course. It's implied."

 

 

---------------------

Howdy! So I hope this first chapter is okay. I've decided (after talking with a friend and the coauthor of the old version) that I will be changing most of this, so don't get your hopes up that it'll be exactly the same as the first version. But I hope you enjoy this just as much! 

Also, I'm currently writing another story with Chanyeol called It's the After School Club!, so go check that out! Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/786011/it-s-the-after-school-club-you-exo-chanyeol

I hope you enjoy that story as well!