Ch. 4

Just Keep Swimming

   The rest of the time in the practice room went smoothly. Nicole had adjusted herself to remain calm while Super Junior was still around, yet she had also started texting her friends, practically screaming through each message about what was happening. Her friends demanded to speak to her in person as soon as possible, so Nicole already warned Chanyeol about them coming over later when they got home. He just nodded.

   "I'll be sure to prepare my finest noise cancelling headphones in honor of your friends' arrival." He said with a weird, overly formal accent to make it seem as if he were an English butler. She just laughed at his nonsense and turned back to Eunhyuk who was still prodding her about the show she was watching. She managed to find a website that had all the episodes with Korean subtitles for him to watch, and gave him her number in case he had any questions. Of course, that wasn't the only reaosn, but she couldn't spill all the reasons why. But she promised him she would not spam his phone with messages when he finally texted her and she had his number.

   "You could spam my phone and I wouldn't mind." Donghae whined. She still could not get over when he would say naything remotely affectionate to her. She tried not to scream, blush, or look away. Luckily, she has gotten the self control to not do any of those.

   "I don't text very often unless I have a reason to, so the only person that would be spamming your phone is my friend if she got ahold of my phone and saw that I had your number. She has not learned how to control herself around celebrities at all. She can't even come over anymore because she gets too starstruck around Chanyeol." Chanyeol perks when he hears his name.

   "What about me?"

   "Just about Mina. She can never stay calm around you so she doesn't come over anymore." He nods and slightly cringes.

   "She's vicious. Have you taught her boundaries?"

   "Believe me, I've tried." Nicole turns back to Donghae and Eunhyuk.

   "I promise I will not spam your phones with messages. I will handle having your numbers responsibly." She says politely.

   "At least when actually talking to you guys. I will never hear the end of this at home." Chanyeol puts his elbow on her head, using her like an arm rest. She pushed him off, making him slightly stumble before laughing.

   Donghae and Eunhyuk put Nicole's number in their phones, type in her name, and then text her so she can have each of their numbers.

   "What are you put as our names?" They both ask curiously.

   "I don't know. Probably just Donghae-ssi and Eunhyuk-ssi. I'm not good when it come to making up nicknames for people in my phone.

   "Drop the ssi. Put us each as oppa! For me, you can put Eun Oppa and Donghae you can put Dong Oppa." She just smiles at how lame those nicknames are, but types them in her phone. She shows them to make sure they're satisfied with their names before closing their phones.

   "We should head home. I know your friends are probably bouncing in front of our door, so we better not keep them waiting." Chanyeol tugs on Nicole's arm, giving her a physical sign that they should leave.

   "You're right Chanyeol. We'll leave soon. Just let me say goodbye to everyone."

   "Okay. Can do. Hey everyone! We're leaving! Come give us hugs so we can leave faster!" Chanyeol yells over everyones voices. They all stop their conversations and look at Chanyeol and Nicole.

   "Bye Nicole! It was great seeing you again!" All the Exo members choir together. She just waved to all of them and gave a few a hug.

   "It was great meeting you Nicole! I hope we'll get to see each other more often. Now that you know us, we may be stopping by your place sometime to get to know you better. Chanyeollie has kept you a secret for too long!" Ryeowook tells her as he, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Siwon come to give her a hug goodbye. She starts to blush madly yet again, so she just shyly waves to the others who give her large smiles in return. She and Chanyeol give their final goodbyes before getting onto the elevator.

   "You know you have to repay me in the biggest way possible. I have done soooo much for you." Chanyeol leans in.

   "I know! I honestly don't know how I'll repay you. Now you make me seem like the bad guy for never doing things for you."

   "If I think of something, I'll let you know. But for now, just living with you is enough. You don't have to do anythign else for me." She smiled at him crookedly at his overly cheesy response.

   "You're such a weirdo." She lightly slaps his chest.

   "And you're starstruck and blushing like a tomato to make up for how much restraint you showed. I'm impressed you held it together that long." He sauntered out of the elevator to leave an embarrassed Nicole behind, who quickly rushed to hide behind his back, pinching his side as payback for laughing at her embarrassment. She didn't know he found it unbearably cute, and had to hide his own blush from her.