Ch. 5

Just Keep Swimming

   "I'm surprised they aren't here yet. Normally your friends would have already gotten their laptops out and be watching things to get themselves hyped." Chanyeol looked at Nicole who kept staring at her phone waiting for her friends to text her back. She was starting to get worried. They said they would be at their place in 5 minutes, yet it's been 15.

   "I am too, that's why I'm so worried. They would have been waiting for us at our door." Nicole texted her friend Ana one more time.

   "Don't worry. I'm sure they're okay." Just at that moment, Nicole got a call from Rin.

   "Where are you guys?!" Nicole had her phone on speaker so Chanyeol could hear they were okay and not ask questions abotu what was going on.

   "I'm sorry! It took us forever to get Mina out of her room once we told her where we were going. You know how she gets with Chanyeol. But I promise, NOW we are on our way!"

   "Alright....I was just worried. But okay, we'll see you when you get here!" They both hung up. Nicole let out a sigh and flopped over, laying her head on Chanyeol's lap.

   "Oh my god. I am so happy they're okay but now I'm worried about your safety." She joked. He just chuckled as he started her hair. He knew that was her weakness and helps calm her down, and he was the only one who knew how to do it exactly the way she liked. She always appreciated how much effort he took to calm her down.

   "You know, you've become too quiet in your 'old age'. It's really weird. When we first moved in, you were super loud and annoying sometimes, but now you're so....quiet. It's weird." She looked up at him who just returned a crooked smile.

   "This is usually how I am with people I'm comfortable with. The super loud cackling and overly exaggerated expressions are all for show. The fans absolutely love it, so that's why I do it." 

   "You're right. Us fans do love it." She turned her head back to face out while he just was stuck in his thoughts. He had forgotten that she was originally a huge Exo fan before they lived together. But after they moved in and she saw him and the other Exo members all the time, she didn't act like a fan.

_____

   A few minutes later, her friends came barging in. Ana was the first one in, followed by Rin pulling Mina into the apartment. They saw Nicole lying on Chanyeol's lap before she got up slowly. She just patted Chanyeol's knee, and slightly used it as a means of helping her off the couch. She guided them to her room (not like they needed to be told where it is) as they all said hi to Chanyeol, who just gave them all a big smile back. Mina didn't look at him. She just shuffled into Nicole's room. Nicole poked her head out at Chanyeol who had just turned the TV on.

   "If you hear screaming, I promise no one is getting murdered."

   "I would honestly be more surprised if it were silent in there." Nicole just shrugged, as if agreeing with him. She slid back into her room and shut the door, leaving Chanyeol alone with him TV. Sure enough, not more than 10 seconds later, he heard squeals from Nicole's room.

   "Those freaking fangirls. So ridiculous." He said to himself. He got off the couch to get himself something to eat. Since he didn't want to stay here and get too deeply into his thoughts, he called Kris, only to get his voicemail, and told him he was heading over. 

   Before he left, he gathered his things and poked his head into Nicole's room.

   "Sorry to interrupt your fangirlling, but I'm going over to Kris' place. I'll be back later tonight. Bye ladies." He said the last part with a slightly seductive voice and a small wink. He could see all of them freeze besides for Nicole who gave him a wink back. He just laughed as he closed the door and lef the apartment.

_____

   Nicole spent a good hour or so just repeating stories so it could sink into her friends' heads. They couldn't wrap their minds around all the things Nicole experienced in just one night.

   "Best of all, I got both Eunhyuk and Donghae's numbers. They actually willingly gave me their numbers." Nicole even had to refrain from sceraming a bit. All of her friends almost fell over frmo freaking out so much.

   "You better not be lying! OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! THIS IS TOO SURREAL AND TOO FICTIONY. YOU'RE LYING!" Ana kept screaming. While her friends were freaking out, she sent a text to Donghae.

   To: Dong Oppa: "Is it okay if I call you? Due to my friends being huge fans of Super Junior, they aren't believing that I have your number."

   From: Dong Oppa: "No need to have a reason. Call me whenever you're ready."

   "Guys, I will call Donghae right now to prove it if you stay quiet while we're on the phone unless I tell you to talk. Sound fair?" They all got wide-eyed and shut up, nodding their heads. Nicole pressed the call button on his contact, put the phone on speaker, and waited for him to pick up. It rang only 2 times before he answered.

   "Nicole! Calling so soon? What's up?" 

   "Oh, you know, the loser left me alone at home, with my friends, who can't stop calling me a liar." They heard him laugh through the other line and Mina almost lost it. It had surprised Nicole how quiet she had been and how she hadn't tackled Nicole for her phone when she heard Nicole had their numbers.

   "We can't have that, can we? Hello friends of Nicole! It's Donghae from Super Junior!" 

   They spoke on the phone for a bit before they both hung up. Nicole looked up from her phone to see her friends with gaping holes for mouths as they were left speechless, not only by FREAKING TALKING TO FREAKING DONGHAE, but also how calm Nicole was on the phone with her favorite celebrity in the history of favorite celebrities. There were just too many surprises for them, that they just quietly walked out as Nicole laughed behind them.

   "Talk to you guys tomorrow!" Nicole said googbye to them as if it were just another normal day.