Ch. 24

Just Keep Swimming

   "So we have everything and still have three hours until our flight leaves. What should we do for the next hour before heading to the airport?" Nicole said as she took another bite of her soup.

   "We could just go to the airport and spend the time there. I would rather be insanely early than get stuck somewhere else. Plus, I'm sure some fans have heard about us leaving, so there might be a crowd which will take at least 20 minutes to get through." Chanyeol said, making them both cringe slightly at the thought of a massive crowd.

   "I guess so. Plus I do love airport food so we can get more there." Her comment made Chanyeol laugh because he was always surprised at how perpetually hungry she was. He stared at her discreetly as she took another bite of her food, dipping her rice into her soup. All he could think of was how lucky he was to get to live with her for so long, and now go on an extremely romantic trip with just them.

   His thoughts were broken by her phone buzzing.

   "Who is it?" He asked as she opened a text.

   "Donghae oppa." She got a smile on her face, making him suspicious.

   "What did he say?"

   "He just wished me a safe flight and that he can't wait until I get back because he has a surprise for me. I'm so curious! Of course I'm going to enjoy this week with just you, but my curiosity is going to be killing me this entire trip." She sent a response back to him and put her phone away.

   "Ahh, well I'm sure it'll be amazing. And, since you like surprises, I have a surprise for you this week. I'll finally tell you what I wrote on my lock." Her eyes widened and she left her spoon in her soup.

   "Seriosuly?! It's about time! I can't wait!" She bounced a bit in her seat and tried her best to not keep asking him, worried he would change his mind.

______

   They finished their food and went to the airport.

   "I see people spilling out of the doors. !" Chanyeol cursed. It was rare for him to curse about fans, so Nicole grabbed his hand lightly and gave him a smile for support. He evened his breath and reciprocated a small smile. 

   They both got out and grabbed their bags. Each of them had a large backpack and a suitcase, as well as one more smaller suitcase that was mostly empty. They got a trolley and put all their bags on it so Nicole and Chanyeol didn't argue about who had to carry the large suitcase. It wouldn't be who was more capable, it was who an argument of who least wanted to carry it. They decided a trolley was best and they both pushed it through to the crowd.

   "Maybe they're here for someone else and won't notice you?" He just glanced her, making her nod.

   "I know, I'm just trying to be hopeful. And they should know that we aren't dating, so we don't have to worry about that."

   "Let's hope so. Except every other time those rumors came around, we were just shopping. Now we're going on a trip together, so I doubt they'll be as level-headed about it."

   "Well let's keep our hopes up, and I'll ask my friends while we're gone if there are new rumors." He nodde,d agreeing to the plan as they reached the doors. Security guards came around and escorted them through the crowd that instantly tripled in volume. Nicole and Chanyeol were holding tightly onto each others' hands as guards surrounded them and pushed back the fans.

   "You're a who doesn't deserve Chanyeol!" One fan yelled at Nicole. She couldn't see who it was, but instantly told Chanyeol what she said. Chanyeol froze for a second before glaring back in the general direction it came from.

   It took another 15 minutes for them to reach the security check which the fans weren't allowed to go in, so it finally gave Chanyeol and Nicole some peace from the pushes they faced.After security, they walked through the rest of the airport, still hand-in-hand.

   "Thank goodness I had you to help me." Nicole said after a long silence.

   "You should never have to deal with that. Those people, they aren't even fans, they're ridiculous." He pulled out his phones and took a picture of him and Nicole together.

   "What's that for?" She asked.

   "I'm going to be keeping the rumors at bay before they start." She saw him furiously typing for a few minutes. After he finished, she looked at the post and read what he wrote.

   "This woman is the best person I've met. She has hepled me through everything since we started living together. Many of you all know who she is and support whatever relationship we have. However, it has come to my attention that far too many viewher negatively. If you do not support her or my choice to live with her, then you are not fans. You are people who feel like your judgement will influence me to leave her and go to you. That will never happen. Whatever relationship we have is between us. If we're dating, then I expect support. If we're not, I still expect support. Those who are anything less than supportive are not fans and will never be looked at positively from me."

   "Is that vague enough?" He looked at her with a smirk.

   "Thank you." She said, returning a smirk.