Ch. 6

Just Keep Swimming

   Nicole walked from the door to the couch to watch some TV. She didn't feel like changing the channel, so she just watched a super cliche drama that was on. Being the kind roommate that she is, she decided to wait for Chanyeol to get home from Kris'.

____

   It had been more than an hour, so she assumed he wouldn't be home for a while. She mustered up the energy and is taknig the risk of fangirlling over Exo while he wasn't here. She turned off the TV and brought her laptop to the couch. She opened up Youtube and began her search for funny moments from TV shows they've been on. Truth-be-told, she was still a major fan of Exo. As they've promoted more, they've gotten a lot more honest with how they act on programs, no longer being 100% fake like they were when they debuted.

   She Exo's Showtime and watched her favorite episode: 11, the one where they went into the haunted house. She found all of their expressions to be ridiculous, especially Xiumin who just walked through without a problem. When she first met them and got closer to them, she asked if their reactions were real, to which they all said yes. That was one of the things they did NOT exeggerate. Because Kris was her favorite member at that time, she found him to be especially embarrassing (in the good way). She loved seeing his cool image be destroyed by how clumsy he is.

____

   She continued watching Exo shows until Chanyeol finally came home at around 3 in the morning. She doesn't look up from her laptop when greeting him.

   "How was Kris'? Did you guys have fun? Stay out of trouble?" 

   "No, we destroyed the city. We're now wanted fugitives. How was your night? Did your friends scream you ears off?" He walked into the kitchen and came back into the living room to see Nicole watching Exo videos.

   "They did for a bit, but then were too stunned to say anything, so they left quietly."

   "Exo videos? Really? What about your precious Suju oppas?" He sat next to her on the couch, turning her laptop a bit so he could watch what she's watching.

   "Come on, I was such a fan of Exo before we moved in, and I was feeling nostalgic. You guys have changed a lot. You guys were so quiet when you debuted, now you're sooooo loud!"

   "And don't forget that we got even ier too. That's the most important change." He stretched out his feet onto Nicole's lap, slightly hindering her from playing on her laptop.

   "If you keep blocking my laptop, then it's almost like you want me to not fangirl over Exo." He just shrugged.

   "Why watch the TV happy virus when you have the real deal in front of you?"

   "Probably because the real happy virus isn't as happy virus-y. Plus, I've seen you without makeup." She gave him a big "innocent" smile. He glared at her in return.

   "So mean." She shut her laptop and put it on the table. She pushed Chanyeol's legs off of her, making him sit up slightly, and layed on his lap like earlier. Sleep was finally catching up to her after all of the excitement she felt today, and allowed herself to starte to fall asleep. Before she could, Chanyeol kept looking at her and waited until the right moment to ask her if she wanted to go to her bed.

   "Carry me, I don't wanna stand." He just laughed and eased her head off his lap. He got up, put her arms around his neck, and picked her up bridal style. She was extremely light, so he picked her up with ease. He carried her to her room and tucked her into bed. He sat on her bed to make sure she didn't want anything else. But knowing her, she did.

   "Hey, I know how I thank you for today." He looked at her. Her eyes were still shut.

   "How?"

   "You keep asking to cuddle with me at night, so for tonight and tomorrow night, you can. Just no hogging the blankets." She peeked her eyes open. He had gotten a huge smile on his face.

   "I'll be right back. Let me just change out of these jeans." He walked out and into his room. He could not believe that she finally is letting him sleep with her (but not in the dirty way). Sure it may not mean much to her, but it meant everything to him. He has always wanted to know what it's like cuddling with her, in hopes that they would someday be in a relationship and be sharing a bed. 

   He quickly changed and returned to her room. She sat up, rubbing her eyes, and looked at him as he closed the door. She noticed him actually wearing a shirt. He never wore shirts when he slept. He always felt like it was choking him when he slept.

   "You don't have to wear a shirt. I've seen you shirtless enough to be okay with you not wearing a shirt. I know how much you hate wearing shirts at night." He looked at her, slightly flustered, and discarded his shirt before turning out her light and crawled into her bed. He lied flat on his back. He put an arm around her neck as she put her head on his chest. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, but he was happy beyond words to sleep quickly. Yet eventually, he calmed himself enough to be able to sleep peacefully the rest of the night.