Ch. 18

Just Keep Swimming

   As the night went on, neither of them could sleep easily. They decided to give up trying and just talk. Even though they didn't need to because Nicole didn't need to finish "repaying" Chanyeol, they still cuddled, seeing as how comfortable it was.

   "Hey Chanyeol?" He hummed in response.

   "Do you have a crush on someone?" His eyes shot open from his peaceful haze as he tried to remain calm.

   "Umm..yeah, actually." Nicole didn't know why, but her heart pounded a lot more hearing his response.

   "Do I know her?"

   "Yeah...you do." He was going to be honest with her until a certain extent.

   "Is she in SM?"

   "No." She became suspicious of his short answers.

   "Is it me?" She said, with a slight tease in her voice. He remained silent.

   "Is it me?" She asked again with more seriousness.

   "I won't say who it is, but I know she doesn't reciprocate my feelings. She already has a boyfriend." Her heart was pounding against her ribcage. She sat upand the light.

   "How do you know? Have you confessed to her? You know you can trust me with anything." He sat up and leaned against the wall so they were slightly facing each other.

   "I know I can trust you. So no, I haven't. I don't know what I would say. This is the kind of stuff I would always Kris about." His face dropped more, making Nicole want to cheer him up a bit.

   "Oh come on, I'm sure she likes you. How could she not?" He looked down as he brought his knees against his chest.

   "I know she doesn't." He left it at that.

   "You're not going to tell me any more?" He shook his head, making her groan.

   "You give me such exciting news and don't finish all the gossip. Mean." He giggled a bit and shrugged.

   "Why don't you at least use me as practice for what you're going to say to her?" She put a cheesy grin on.

   "But that's embarrassing. Plus it's getting late and I need to be up early tomorrow for a commercial shoot." He layed back down and rested his head on her legs.

   "You're just trying to be cute so I'll stop talking about it." He gave her a cheeky smile as he grabbed her hand and brought it up to his hair, signalling her to play with it.

   "So demanding."

   Eventually they both fell asleep, almost tangled in each others arms. Both of them felt like that was the most comfortable way to lay together. Neither of them felt uncomfortable at the large amount of contact. Chanyeol was hoping that someday soon he would get the confidence to tell her; but as of now, too many things were happening and he didn't want to make her more confused.

_____ 

   Luhan came over early in the morning before Nicole and Chanyeol were awake. He had gotten the spare key from Suho. Luhan walked in and checked Chanyeol's room to see if he was in there. He became a little weirded out when he saw he wasn't in there. He barely cracked open Nicole's door and noticed he was in there, sleeping next to Nicole the way couples do. He immediately closed the door and walked to the living room to wait until one of them woke up.

   Not even 10 minutes later Nicole walked out of her room, surprised to see Luhan there.

   "Morning?" She said, slighty disoriented.

   "Good morning! Sorry to freak you out. I decided to stop in and see how Chanyeol was doing and if he wanted to ride together to the shoot." She nodded.

   "Do you want me to go wake him up?" Luhan nodded politely as she stepped back towards her room. Coincidently, Chanyeol stepped out right at that moment, surprised to see Nicole so close and also to see Luhan.

   "Hey hyung. What's up?"

   "Want a ride to the shoot? There are some things I want to talk about before we get there." Chanyeol just nodded weakly as he stepped into his room to change clothes.

   "So why did he come out of your room?" Luhan quietly asked Nicole, who almost instantly woke up after realizing how weird it must have been for Luhan.

   "Oh, umm...a while ago I decided to thank him for letting me meet Super Junior by cuddling with him at night, and I guess we just haven't stopped." Luhan nodded before his eyes widened.

   "He confessed, didn't he?!"