Ch. 9

Just Keep Swimming

   Donghae and Nicole waited for about an hour more for Chanyeol to return home, but it was time for Donghae to leave due to a schedule. Before he left, he asked if she wanted anyone to come over or if she needed anything else.

   "I'm okay. Thank you for staying here for so long. I hope it wasn't a bother." 

   "Not at all. I'm really happy I got to spend alone time with you. Maybe we can hang out again sometime?" He stepped a bit closer.

   "Umm...sure. I'm not really busy so whenever you're available."

   "Then it's a date." He pulled her into a soft hug before putting on his shoes and walking out, making sure to give her one last smile before the door shut.

   Nicole was so overwhelmed by the day that she lied down on the couch and fell asleep. She didn't realize how much her adrenaline had been rushing, but now that it was gone, she couldn't keep her eyes open. 

_____

Chanyeol came home about an hour later. He found her still asleep and went to wake her up because it was still day time.

   "Nicole~" He sang her name softly while tapping her shoulder. She let out a deep exhale and opened her eyes, seeing him very close to her. 

   "Woah. You need to back up. Your eyes freaked me out for a second." She used his shoulder and sat up, making him stumble a bit.

   "Why so violent? Did hyungs treat you poorly?" She looked at him with round eyes, remembering what had happened before she fell asleep.

   "Oh my god, why are you being so nice to me all of the sudden? You never introduced me to them before but now that we've met, you're inviting them over here? Without you being here?" She whined a bit and covered her face with the nearest pillow. He laughed at her, knowing how she wanted to freak out but being too tired to.

   "Well I figured you would rather be with them than by yourself and with my members. I know you love them, but they're annoying, especially when you just wake up. I thought it would be a pleasant way to wake you up."

   "Well it was but still! I still don't know if everything today was real! It was just tooooooo perfect." She over-emphasized every word.

   "So what did you guys do?"

   "They brought me food and then heated it up because I woke up super late and then we watched stuff and we chatted and then they acted out some scenes from a drama which they then made me do and then DONGHAE ALMOST KISSED ME but he didn't and then Siwon left and then Donghae and I just sat and talked and yeah. It got emotional, but it was fun." She sunk into the couch more as she reminised about what happened.

   "Hyung almost kissed you?" Chanyeol looked at her with wide eyes. He needed to know the reason due to his sanity being at stake.

   "We were acting out a cheesy confession scene from the drama and there was a kiss scene so he did the same actions but didn't actually kiss me. BUT OH MY GOD BEFORE I FELL ASLEEP WE MADE PLANS TO HANG OUT SOME OTHER DAY AND HE CALLED IT A DATE. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!" She had now fully woken up and was letting out all the squeals she had held back from being so tired.

  "That's..great!" He smiled briefly for her to see but almost instantly got a frown when she wasn't looking. To prevent him from tormenting himself, he diverted the subject.

  "So, because I'm so awesome, how are you going to repay me for today?" He had hope in his mind that she would still let him cuddle with her at night. He want to do so much that he would never have to sleep in his bed by himself every again. He only wanted to be sleeping next to her.

   "I don't even know!" She threw her hands up and fell over, landing in Chanyeol's lap, groaning into his lower thigh. He started petting her hair.

   "It's okay. You have time to think." She rolled over to she was laying on her back, removing his hand for a second before he placed his hand on her hair by her forehead.

   "Maybe we could just cuddle more. You're really comfortable to lay on and that's the only thing I can think of." He nodded, showing his approval outward, but inside he was freaking out, absolutely elated that she thought of that.

   "So tonight is still from last time, so how many days will this go for?" She thought for a few seconds before answering.

   "Well, today is Thursday, so tomorrow night, saturday night, sunday night, and monday night. Four days for me to repay you for today's wonderfullness." 

   "Sounds good. Now, what if I fall asleep before you or you fall asleep before me?" He wanted to ensure that they would be cuddling every night, no matter the circumstances.

   "Whichever bed the sleeping person is in is the bed that you'll sleep in. So whenever you notice they're asleep, you get ready for bed in whatever you need to and then cuddle up to them. Easy. So if you fall asleep before I do, I'll have to be the big spoon or whatever works best. Same goes if I'm asleep first." They shake hands on the deal and then repostion to watch TV together. 

   "Oh, do you want to watch the show you were watching with Eunhyuk hyung?"

   "I don't think there are Korean subtitles on here, so I don't know how you'll understand it."

   "We can just have it on as background noise. I'm really curious what you and Donghae hyung spoke about today."