Ch. 14

Just Keep Swimming

   Nicole and Chanyeol had spent the rest of the night eating and watching comedy shows. At one point, they both nearly spit out their food when the comedian started imitating boy groups. Chanyeol took absolutely no offense to what the comedian was saying because, as he said, it was absolutely, undeniably true.

   "Honestly, we are all spoiled pompous airheads on camera. Of course, off camera we're smart and sophisticated, but on screen, even I hate watching us." He shoved more food into his mouth, making Nicole snort.

   "Ahh yes, very sophisticated." She reached up to his face where he had a grain of rice stuck to his cheek. It wasn't romantic like most dramas make it out to be. She plucked it from his face, poked his cheek where it was, and showed him the grain of rice

   "This grain of rice is more sophisticated than you off camera." He just shrugged and moved to bit the rice out her fingers to eat it. She immediately wiped any spit on his shirt.

   "Thanks for sharing your cooties, mister."

   "I think my cooties have been shared before with all the cuddling we've been doing. Which, by the way, has honestly helped me sleep better. How come you kept refusing my cuddles before?" He looked at her, hoping she would say something cute.

   "I don't know. I just never felt like cuddling. But you are a mighty fine cuddler. Despite your body wanting to ruin the peaceful moments." She glanced down, giving him the hint of what she was talking about. He immediately turned beet red and put his bowl over that area.

   "So mean." She laughed as she grabbed the remote to change the channel.

_____

   "Time for bed!" Chanyeol perked up when he noticed her starting to nod off. Bed time meant cuddling which meant a happy Chanyeol.

   "Oh right. Yeah. I'll go in first. I have to change so just wait a couple minutes and then go on in." He nodded as she walked to her room. He waited about a minute before going to his room to change. To give her enough time, he took his precious time finding pajama pants to wear. He didn't want to make her feel awkward and walk in on her while she was changing. Luckily he had waited enough time by the time he walked in. She was in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt she's had since she was a kid. It had paint on it from when she was going through her "artistic" phase. 

   "So how do you want to cuddle tonight? I'm up for anything so long as it's cuddling." Chanyeol sat on the bed looked at her as she yawned.

   "I don't know, however you want to cuddle. I'm too tired to pick." She said, lying down on her bed. He got up and turned out the light, then walked over to her and lied down, his chest to her back, making them spoon again. He put his arm around her waist, careful not to accidently touch any body parts that shouldn't be touched accidently. Once he got comfortable, he noticed she was already asleep. He was so amazed at how quickly she could fall asleep. Of course, he was amazed by everything about her, but this was definitely something that made his smile to himself in awe.

_____

   Chanyeol woke up first, being careful not to wake Nicole. He got up and made a small breakfast, which must have woken Nicole up because she slid her way to the kitchen. He was still frying eggs and such when she walked up behind him and put her arms around his waist, resting her head on his back. He froze for a moment, so curious as to why she was acting like this.

   "Still tired?" He said quietly, lightly tapping her hands. He could feel her nod against his back.

   "Very. Plus you're comfortable. You're muscular but still squishy which is wonderful." She smiled a bit. Her comment made him feel like he was blushing, which made him thankful that she couldn't see his face in case he was blushing.

   "You're so warm." She said. She almsot fell asleep standing up. Luckily Chanyeol moved a bit, making her wake up for a moment.

   "Why don't we eat and then go back to sleep? I don't have to be anywhere until around 3, and you and Donghae hyung aren't meeting up until around 6. We could get plenty of sleep." He turned around to face her. She put her chin against his chest, looking up at him with tired eyes. She wasn't wearing her glasses or contacts, so he could see her eyes clearly. She had beautiful green eyes that he loved. She just smiled at him and nodded, then put her ear against his chest. She closed her eyes and just listened to his heart beat, making her relaxed and ready for more sleep. He rested his chin on her head for a minute before finishing up his food. He put it in a bowl for each of them. They both quickly ate and went back to sleep, returning to their cuddling.

_____

   It wasn't until 2:15 that Chanyeol woke up. He woke her up after he finished getting ready and told her he was leaving and would be back later. She sat up and nodded, giving him a small hug before he left. She decided to get up as well and start getting ready for tonight. She took a shower and let her hair air dry before she would do anything.

   It was about 5 when her hair was completely dry. She quickly straightened it and put on high waited shorts with a flowy shirt. She had just managed to finish her makeup when Donghae knocked on the door. She almost ran to open it. They both smiled as soon as she opened the door.

   "Hello there. Ready for our date?" He held his hand out. She nodded and took his hand, making sure to grab her keys and purse before she closed the door.

   "Where to?" She asked, trying to seem as normal as possible.

   "Noraebang? That sound like fun?" She just nodded slightly, not wanting to seem like she wasn't a fun person. In all honesty, she hated singing in front of people. It made her very anxious.

   "You okay? You want to go somewhere else?" He looked at her, obviously seeing her worry.

   "Umm...if you don't mind." He nodded, giving her a big smile and small squeeze on her hand.

   "How about we just go to a private room cafe? That way we can get to know each other more in privacy." She sighed and gave him a bigger smile.

   "Thanks. That sounds like a good idea." They walked outside into the car that was waiting. He drove them to one that was a little far away from her house.

   "This one has the best patbingsu I've ever had. Plus, the odds of people swarming us, or even seeing us, is lessened." He took her hand gently as he went to the counter to pay for the room. After paying, he led her to their spot and handed her a menu.

   "Order anything you want. It's my treat." Her eyes widened slightly as she nodded and looked down at her menu. She decided what she wanting and looked up to tell him, when she caught him staring at her.

   "Why are you looking at me?"

   "You're so beautiful." He said lowly. She hid her face behind the menu, making him laugh.

   "So what do you want to order?"